Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Elves for League

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

Dark Elves for League Empty
PostSubject: Dark Elves for League   Dark Elves for League Icon_minitime14th July 2011, 9:57 pm

Okay, so the core of the list is all but set. Sup Sorceress, RXBmen, Hydra. The two lists below are what I've considered so far. Not a huge fan of either, but points are tight so I highly doubt I'll reach something I'm truly happy with until a little later.

Option 1:

Lord:
Sup Sorceress - 240
---Lore of Shadow, Tome of Furion, General

Hero:
Death Hag - 225
---Cauldron of Blood, BSB

Core:
Corsairs x10 - 140
---Standard Bearer, Musician, Add HW, Sea Serpent Standard

Repeater Crossbowmen x10 - 110
---Standard Bearer

Repeater Crossbowmen x10 - 110
---Standard Bearer

Rare:
Hydra - 175

~~

Option 2:

Lord:

Sup Sorceress - 240
---Lore of Shadow, Tome of Furion, General

Hero:
Master - 185
---Cold One, Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Dawnstone, Whip of Agony, BSB

Core:
Repeater Crossbowmen x10 - 125
---Standard Bearer, Musician, Shields

Repeater Crossbowmen x10 - 125
---Standard Bearer, Musician, Shields

Special:
Black Guard x8 - 150
---Standard Bearer, Musician, Banner of Murder

Rare:

Hydra - 175

List one uses the Corsairs as a buffable beat stick relying on going first and volume of attacks to win. List two uses the Master to tie up things while the Hydra and Black Guard kill stuff. Don't know which to use or even if either one is decent.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves for League   Dark Elves for League Icon_minitime14th July 2011, 10:43 pm

I think the hydra is useless in small games. I think that the 175 points could be spent on making your corsairs larger. A hydra is good but not the best. A well placed spell or two and a round of combat with a strong unit ends his day. However, if you are set on one of the two list...I vote list two. The stubborn BSB can hold up any unit in the game, and it will give you a fighting chance to pull a win out by ganging up on one unit at a time.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves for League   Dark Elves for League Icon_minitime20th July 2011, 10:37 am

You are a little top heavy with characters, IMO. At such low points, you would be better off dumping the BSB for more troops.

My thoughts anyways. My Orc list has nearly 100 models in it.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves for League   Dark Elves for League Icon_minitime20th July 2011, 2:13 pm

Bane wrote:
You are a little top heavy with characters, IMO. At such low points, you would be better off dumping the BSB for more troops.

My thoughts anyways. My Orc list has nearly 100 models in it.

Yeah, I'm aware it's very body light. That's a draw back of Dark Elves in general though, not exclusively these lists. If I were to only take RXBmen with no command and no shields, I'd get exactly 100 models. I've made adjustments since these lists though and gotten a few more bodies, but honestly there's not a ton I think I can do at 1000 with such an expensive army.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves for League   Dark Elves for League Icon_minitime20th July 2011, 4:08 pm

Just saying, you really don't need a lvl4 at 1000 pts...I would do a lvl2 instead. I would save her for 1500. My thoughts.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves for League   Dark Elves for League Icon_minitime20th July 2011, 4:40 pm

FWIW she's a Lv 3, but I came to the same conclusion. The new list is still light on bodies BT has a real unkillable lord (which is cheaper than then Sup Sorc for some reason) and a Lv 2 Sorc so there's quite a few more Corsairs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves for League   Dark Elves for League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Elves for League
Page 1 of 1