Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Farsight tau 1850

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluesci1987
Flashlight toting Guardsman
Bluesci1987

Farsight tau 1850 Empty
PostSubject: Farsight tau 1850   Farsight tau 1850 Icon_minitime18th September 2011, 1:37 am

Hey yall, I am coming up with a Farsight bomb list at 1850. Farsight and his unit will have a 2+ to come in either two or three depending on if I deep strike the fb and pr crisis suit unit too. With markerlight support, the unit should be able to vaporize any unit they land near in a turn. The one problem I have with the list is that it has only three railguns, which is what I usually use to kill tanks. What do yall think?

HQ

Farsight and bodyguard unit 544
Bodyguard 1 Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard-wired multi-tracker, hard-wired blacksun filter
Bodyguard 2 Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard-wired multi-tracker
Bodyguard 3 Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard-wired multi-tracker, hard-wired drone controller, Gun Drone x2
Bodyguard 4 Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard-wired multi-tracker, hard-wired blacksun filter, hard-wired drone controller, gun drone x2

Elite

Crisis suit team 1 169
Shas'vre team leader w/ twin-linked missile pod, positional relay, hard-wired target lock
x2 crisis suits w/ twin-linked missile pod, target lock

Crisis suit team 2 201
Team leader w/ fusion blaster, plasma rifle, targeting array, hard-wired multi-tracker
x2 crisis suits w/ fusion blaster. plasma rifle, multi-tracker

Troop

Firewarrior Team 1 70
team leader and 5 firewarriors

Firewarrior Team 2 105
team leader w/ markerlight and target lock
x7 firewarriors

Firewarrior Team 3 105
team leader w/ markerlight and target lock
x7 firewarriors

Fast Attack

Piranha w/ fusion blaster and targeting array 70

Pathfinder team 226
Team leader and 7 pathfinders
devilfish w/ smart-missile system, disruption pod, multi-tracker, and targeting array

Heavy

Broadside team 195
team leader w/ Advanced stabilization system, Hard-wired drone controller, x2 shield drones
broadside w/ advanced stabilization system

Hammerhead w/ railgun, burst cannons, multi-tracker, disruption pod 165

Total 1850
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Farsight tau 1850 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farsight tau 1850   Farsight tau 1850 Icon_minitime20th September 2011, 1:26 am

The problem is that your dropping in suits. Tau's one and only strength is being able to shoot from as far away as possible. Sure, Farsight can land and blast a unit to death, but other armies do it a lot better for a lot less points. 1850 seems alittle too low to run Farsight, but if I were to run him at this point value I would drop all the fast slots and max out my crisis suits, running them all at a minimum. With this today's meta, you almost have to put those firewarriors in devilfish. I like the fusion and plasma with far sight's unit, but I would make my basic suits all have twin-linked missile pods. This will free up some more points for devilfish and give you that long range punch to compensate for a lack of rail gunning. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Bluesci1987
Flashlight toting Guardsman
Bluesci1987

Farsight tau 1850 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farsight tau 1850   Farsight tau 1850 Icon_minitime22nd September 2011, 2:14 am

Made a few changes. I switched the crisis suit teams to the twin linked missile pods, and also added a couple of devilfish, and also squeezed in another broadside. I think i might still ds farsight and his bodyguard, but i could switch the fusion blasters to missile pods and run them as mid range support. I could also change and use burst cannons instead to get more of an anti infantry unit and should be able to pump out a huge amount of shots.

HQ

Farsight and bodyguard unit 541
Bodyguard 1 cyclonic ion blaster, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard-wired multi-tracker
Bodyguard 2 Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard-wired multi-tracker
Bodyguard 3 Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard-wired multi-tracker, hard-wired drone controller, Gun Drone x2
Bodyguard 4 Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard-wired multi-tracker, hard-wired drone controller, gun drone x2

Elite

Crisis suit team 1 99
team leader w/ twin-linked missile pod, flamer
crisis suits w/ twin-linked missile pod, flamer

Crisis suit team 2 99
crisis suits w/ twin-linked missile pod, flamer

Crisis suit team 3 100
crisis suits w/ twin-linked missile pod, trageting array

Troop

Firewarrior Team 1 155
devilfish w/ gun drones and disruption pod

Firewarrior Team 1 155

Firewarrior Team 1 70

Fast Attack

Pathfinder team 191
Team leader and 7 pathfinders

Heavy

Broadside team 275
team leader w/ Advanced stabilization system, Hard-wired drone controller, x2 shield drones
2 broadsides w/ advanced stabilization system

Hammerhead w/ railgun, burst cannons, multi-tracker, disruption pod 165

Total 1850
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Farsight tau 1850 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farsight tau 1850   Farsight tau 1850 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farsight tau 1850
Page 1 of 1