Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted! Empty
PostSubject: Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted!   Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted! Icon_minitime20th August 2009, 9:42 pm

Well I recently picked up a Tyranid army and after 4 days of putting stuff together, ready to unleash the Hive Mind on someone. I have decided to paint the army in the Behemoth scheme with snow bases, so beware any Ultramarines players out there! Might be looking to pick up some random Space Marine parts to put on some of the bigger bases to give some added flavor.

I really like the way you can swarm your opponent even though I have heard alot about "Nidzilla" lists. I hope to put a mixture of big and little things on the board.
Back to top Go down
SandMarauder
Squig with flatulence

PostSubject: Re: Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted!   Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted! Icon_minitime20th August 2009, 10:13 pm

What does your list look like?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted!   Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted! Icon_minitime20th August 2009, 11:33 pm

My orks love bashing in some Nid heads. Let me know when you want to get a game up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

PostSubject: Fellow Hive Mind   Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted! Icon_minitime21st August 2009, 7:15 am

I always like to hear from fellow nids players. I have been running nids for about 5 years, in many different combination's and will give you my 2 cents.

In 5th edition your worst enemy are vehicles and losing HTH. Expect every opponent to have at least 6 vehicles and build you army to address that. Sorry to say that loading up on masses of gaunts has not proved beneficial for me. In tourny play, I run one 8 strong unit of termagaunts without number and that is all the gaunts I care to take. The rest of my troops are genestealers. Ask yourself what is your goal. "I want to out shoot people" - your an alien race that wants to eat planets, you don't out shoot people! "I want to jump on them and eat their face" - now you're talking! So why would you load up on tons of gaunts who will lose in HTH and have to take armor saves (6+). It's a nice fantasy, but nids are outclassed in the horde and shooting arena (until next codex).

My advice: Focus on the nids strengths - Monsterous creatures and genestealers. People reading this will be squirming right now - know why - Because these two units DO work.

Nids are a fun army to play, so ultimately it's about what would be fun for you. Good luck and happy eating!
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted!   Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted! Icon_minitime21st August 2009, 7:59 am

Well I was going to send you to big Al for playing nids that are a mix as his list in both tournies I've seen has been such... but he's already here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted!   Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hive Fleet Behemoth has been spotted!
Page 1 of 1