Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hive Guard Cover?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Hive Guard Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Hive Guard Cover?   Hive Guard Cover? Icon_minitime18th May 2011, 5:48 pm

Hive Guard and cover saves. So they read they you don't get cover unless your basically in area terrain. (this is how I understand it. What about monstrous critters? Area terrain doesn't grant them cover. They have to be half obscured to get cover but as I understand it obscuring something won't grant cover from the hive guard. Next up is flat out and turbo boosting cover saves. Bikes and jetbikes can go into cover and get the area terrain cover but can they claim cover for turbo boosting. They neither get their cover from area terrain nor being obscured. Vehicles can only get cover saves by being obscured, smoke launchers or flat out. Since none of these are area terrain can vehicles never get a cover save from Hive guard. How does the Tau cover save outside of 12" work against the Hive Guard.

I don't know if I'm this dense or the rule for this unit is this ambiguous. Would appreciate any help clearing up all this mess.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Hive Guard Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hive Guard Cover?   Hive Guard Cover? Icon_minitime18th May 2011, 6:12 pm

Pretty sure whatever the Hive Guard are shooting at without line of sight will get cover if there is cover between the Hive Guard and said target. Other than that, not really sure what you are asking.

Don't have the codex anymore, but that is what I remember about them.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Hive Guard Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hive Guard Cover?   Hive Guard Cover? Icon_minitime18th May 2011, 6:47 pm

"The target can only count the benefits of cover they are in or touching if it lies between them and the Hive Guard"

I take it as if, if you get cover then you get cover. Like normal cover rules: If I am in cover with you, then you lose the effect.

Maybe this implies that a cover save from a jetbike might not be taken...I dont see how that makes sense, but the way it's worded seems to imply that. FAQ maybe?
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

Hive Guard Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hive Guard Cover?   Hive Guard Cover? Icon_minitime18th May 2011, 7:44 pm

Don't have the ruling in front of me (maybe in FAQ), but when I ran my Hive Guard, flat out moves, orc bikers, and smoke launchers, etc did grant cover because they in essence created their own cover and are in it. The thing on monstrous creatures is a new one. I would say the 50% obscured would apply and only work if the MC was in the cover.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Hive Guard Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hive Guard Cover?   Hive Guard Cover? Icon_minitime18th May 2011, 9:51 pm

Well thanks . I read the rule like 8 times and couldn't quite comprehend what they were trying to say. Still not a 100% on it yet. I think they could have worded it a tad better.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Hive Guard Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hive Guard Cover?   Hive Guard Cover? Icon_minitime18th May 2011, 10:51 pm

I agree with Big Al. Not needing line of site only deals with picking your target. If the MC is in a piece of cover and is 50% obscured by THAT piece of terrain from the POV of the Hive Guard, then it would get the cover save.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hive Guard Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hive Guard Cover?   Hive Guard Cover? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hive Guard Cover?
Page 1 of 1