Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves Empty
PostSubject: A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves   A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves Icon_minitime16th January 2011, 4:33 pm

Most important is how does Quick Shot interract w/ a Repeater Crossbow? I can't find any very conclusive rulings on the two. The most reasonable answer I could find was
Quote :
The way we decided Quick Shot works with a RXB is that you can shoot twice at no penalty (using the QS ability but not the RXB ability, basically), or you could shoot three times at -1 (the extra shot the RXB allows, but with the penalty also added back in).
The RXB normally let's you shoot twice with a -1 penalty to hit on both shots. Quick Shot does the same but without the penalty.

Next is Expert Swordsman and Dark Elf Blades. A DE Blade is an upgraded sword or dagger, the description of them says
Quote :
Weapons upgraded to a Dark Elf Blade retain all of their abilities (i.e. swords can parry, daggers grant an armor save of 6).
but Expert Swordsman reads
Quote :
Note that this only applies when they are armed with normal swords or weeping blades, and not with double-handed swords or any other weapons.
since a DEB Sword retains its abilities does it still work w/ Expert Swordsman or since it isn't a 'Normal Sword' is it excluded?

Next: Cold One Beasthounds have the following special rule
Quote :
Stupidity: Cold One Beasthounds may use the basic Leadership of the Beastmaster if they are within 6" of him. They may never use the Leadership of the warband leader, nor may they benefit from the Beastmaster’s increased Leadership if he is within 6" of the leader.
does this mean they are subject to Stupidity as described in the rule book but can use the BM's Ld for the test or that they have their own special form of stupidity?

That's it for now, I'm sure I'll think of a few more eventually...
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves   A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves Icon_minitime16th January 2011, 4:47 pm

RXb is three shots at -1 with quick shot if not moving.

Sword master applies to the de blades provided it is an upgraded sword.

Stupidity per the rulebook but can use the bm's leadership.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves   A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves Icon_minitime17th January 2011, 9:29 pm

Thanks for the quick response. 2 more quick questions.

1. AB seems to think RXBs are 40 gc but the DE .pdf and Mordheimer page both say 35, is there an errata page or something about that? Because I can't find it if there is.

2. In regards to your ruling on RXB + Quick Shot, why the stipulation on moving? RXBs aren't Move or Shoot like regular XBows. If it's just the way you're house ruling it that's cool, I'm just curious.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves   A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves Icon_minitime17th January 2011, 10:20 pm

Go with the price in the lists. Army builder is notoriously wrong in regards to Mordheim.

You may move and shoot then as normal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves   A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves Icon_minitime17th January 2011, 10:49 pm

Quick, concise response is both quick and concise. Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves   A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Few Questions Regarding Dark Elves
Page 1 of 1