Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new to wargaming and the forums

Go down 
+5
MonkeyMan
Wildeyedjester
Bane
ares
fallenman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fallenman
Nurgling on Antibiotics
fallenman

new to wargaming and the forums Empty
PostSubject: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime7th July 2011, 9:19 am

my name is eric and I have been reading 40k on and off for a couple years, almost finished with the horus heresy series, and i absolutly love it. last month i went to castle house games to watch some games and ask some questions, kind of an expensive hobby to start with no point of reference, and caught some warmachine action while i was there. It looked like a lot of fun so i launched a barage of questions (thanks guys for bein so understanding and helpful Very Happy ) and it got me real interested so i went home and surfed the interwebs. was excited to find out warmachine was relativly cheap to start playin, love the khador play style, and the way the warjacks look. So i waited for the girlfriend to get home to tell her i wanted to start painting "little men" and braced myself for the ridicule... she thought it was awsome and i got the go-ahead to order a warjack for fathers day. A few days later i went back to castle house... to find they had closed indefinatly Sad (godspeed for ur recovery). sry im rambling now, long story short, i have the rest of my battle group for warmachine in route and would love to find somebody willing to play some games and mercilessly stomp me into the ground
Very Happy . Also 40k is still on my mind but i have no idea where to start 0_o . big D at warpig was friendly, helpful, and was actualy interested in helping me (didnt get a very warm a welcome at the other game local game stores Sad ) so i will be driving to centerton from fayetteville for all my 40k needs Smile. any ideas and suggestions would be greatly apreciated.
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime7th July 2011, 9:36 am

Eric,
If you stopped in I don't remember you. We welcome everyone who comes in. I have a philosophy of trying not to be too pushy, I tend to wait for people to ask questions. We have a big Warmachine - Hordes group that is playing on Thursday nights here at the store, most of the guys who were at Castle House. Stop by and we would be happy to help you get started.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

PostSubject: Re: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime7th July 2011, 9:51 am

Welcome to the Forums, Eric!

I am somewhat like you in that I am just getting back into Warmachine (or as we all seem to call it "Warmahordes"). It is always great to have a new player. You did well hitting up Warpig, but there are a lot of people beginning to play at T-Shirt these days as well. If you did not hit up Brian's shop, it is also a good option.

Sorry to hear about your other shop experiences, but you will quickly find that there are a lot of good people around playing the games. Come join us!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime7th July 2011, 11:33 am

Welcome to the forums! I look forward to gaming with you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime7th July 2011, 1:56 pm

Welcome to the Forums!
I would try to help you learn warmahordes, but i dont play it! Razz
But TSE is a great place for Warmahordes, i was there playing fantasy a few days ago, and there were 3 games going on.
Back to top Go down
fallenman
Nurgling on Antibiotics
fallenman

PostSubject: Re: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime7th July 2011, 2:52 pm

Thanks guys, i actualy didn't know that t-shirt explosion was a game store, although i had heard that games were played there so i skipped it in my quest. i am on my way out the door and heading there right now Smile
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime7th July 2011, 5:08 pm

Welcome to the Forums man.
Back to top Go down
fallenman
Nurgling on Antibiotics
fallenman

PostSubject: Re: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime7th July 2011, 7:35 pm

Guess i should say that i am building a khador army for warmachine and after visiting tse i am leaning towards blood angle space marines (after some more research). I am pretty much willing to play at any local store within an hour drive or so. Also im available to play thur/fri 5-8 and all day on sat, and if any body wants to set up somethin on a diff day i may be able to shuffle work, girlfriend, and son lol.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime7th July 2011, 8:03 pm

Ahoy and Welcome.
Back to top Go down
sithkhan
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
sithkhan

PostSubject: Re: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime7th July 2011, 8:47 pm

Well, howdy do. Welcome to the community!
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime7th July 2011, 9:51 pm

Welcome! Look forward to seeing your Khador on the battlefield. Hope to see on Thursdays at TSE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new to wargaming and the forums   new to wargaming and the forums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new to wargaming and the forums
Page 1 of 1