Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Go down 
+4
MonkeyMan
bdix
Bluesci1987
Verminlord
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 4:57 pm

While I agree Star Wars has a much wider fan base, they have really screwed the pooch on all their online stuff. Whereas, Diablo revolutionized the way online games are played.

Point #2: Diablo 2 is still in the top ten games player per week on IGN and Gamefaqs. It was made in 1999.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 5:47 pm

Congratulations. On a forum for discussion of tiny plastic spacemen, you two get the award for nerdiest argument of all time.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 6:03 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Congratulations. On a forum for discussion of tiny plastic spacemen, you two get the award for nerdiest argument of all time.
it's in the right forum. Debate on, good gents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 6:09 pm

bdix wrote:
While I agree Star Wars has a much wider fan base, they have really screwed the pooch on all their online stuff. Whereas, Diablo revolutionized the way online games are played.

Point #2: Diablo 2 is still in the top ten games player per week on IGN and Gamefaqs. It was made in 1999.

To point 1, that was Sony Entertainment that published and maintained galaxies. Old Republic is Bioware. Perhaps you have heard of them. They made KOTOR, Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Don't confuse the two. Bioware has a proven track record thus far.

To point 2, I had Diablo for the Playstation. It was a fun game until I started my run through for the third time. Then I realized how bored I was with it and moved on to Command and Conquer(Love me a good rts). Never played Diablo 2, I was playing the Baldur's Gate games instead.

Now, there are simply better games coming out than the classic dungeon crawl. I would be really surprised if they didn't put D3 on the consoles and milk it for online content like the Call of Duty games.

Wanna learn about some real games coming out this year? check out g4tv.com and the E3 coverage.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 6:13 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:

Let's take it one step further.

If Stormtroopers were in the 40k Universe, what would their BS be? Being that they are so precise and all according to Obi-Wan in A New Hope.

My nerd-dom knows no bounds.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 6:33 pm

Which Star Awars had the Enterprise?
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 6:42 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Which Star Awars had the Enterprise?

Sacrilege. How dare you insult my nerd-dom! NERD RAGE!!!!!

Ever seen the movie "Fanboys"? It's great, you should watch it. I own it on Blu-Ray.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 6:53 pm

Just kidding. I was always a Trekkie myself, but Old Republic looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th June 2011, 1:28 am

Bioware has never made a good online game and dragon age sucked. Thus, all your points are nullified. Kotr was badass, and a console game would have been much more successful then a mmo. That being said, I will play old republic if it doesn't come out at the same time as diablo 3.

I accept nerdiest debate award proudly. Once you breach the 1000 post mark on a forum about plastic men, you kind of just give up.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th June 2011, 3:31 pm

bdix wrote:
Bioware has never made a good online game and dragon age sucked. Thus, all your points are nullified. Kotr was badass, and a console game would have been much more successful then a mmo. That being said, I will play old republic if it doesn't come out at the same time as diablo 3.

I accept nerdiest debate award proudly. Once you breach the 1000 post mark on a forum about plastic men, you kind of just give up.

Dragon Age 2 sucked, not the first one.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th June 2011, 5:10 pm

Verminlord wrote:
Dragon Age 2 sucked, not the first one.

If we're being fair, DA:O story was amazing but combat was so buggy I started having V:TMBL flashbacks. (bonus points for anyone who played that and knows what I mean)

[rubsaltin="wounds"]Vermin isn't this the third "WoW-Killer" you've predicted in almost as many years? The biggest of which I beleive was WAR, and... Well... You know...[/rubsaltin]

That said, it's time for WoW to die... And if any game is gonna do it, I'd like it to be Old Republic. /crossfingersandhope
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st July 2011, 9:10 am

That's exactly it. Origins combat was awful, but the story was good.

Old republic has a shot to kill wow, but it needs to release at the right time and be bug free.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st July 2011, 12:38 pm

Don't remember saying anything about WAR. But I know I have said a couple of times that if any game has a chance of dethroning WoW, it's the Old Republic.

WAR was released to soon. Between balance and bugs, it got off to a great start, but lost momentum quickly. But the game wasn't a complete failure, I mean, the Cataclysm expansion pretty much stole all the things from WAR that the WoW players complained about to begin with. I found that quite humorous.

Anyways I think WoW has about run its course. The people I work with that play it said there is only one more expansion due out, then they are done with it. Rumors of another mmo in development abound apparently. Could it be a Diablo based mmo, or Starcraft mmo. Or could blizzard actually come up with an original idea? Or could they be developing the Harry Potter mmo? I know the license has been tossed around a little, not sure if anyone has actually picked it up though.

The only other mmo's I have any interest in is the 40k one that is being developed by THQ. And the recently announced Transformers one. There is already a Transformers mmo, but only in Korea. Don't know if they will make that version available, or make an entirely different one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2