Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Go down 
+4
MonkeyMan
bdix
Bluesci1987
Verminlord
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Star Wars: The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime8th June 2011, 10:42 pm

For those you that haven't been keeping up with E3, the lead developer confirmed tonight that this game is a 2011 release. No specific date given.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao4Rg9U1clo

cinematic trailers, if these don't make you want to play Star Wars, you must be brain dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lrk2BE4Tqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0RuR3FREFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVyJP92TiVg

If you are a video game junkie, go to G4tv.com and check out some sweet demos of some other awesome games coming out.
Back to top Go down
Bluesci1987
Flashlight toting Guardsman
Bluesci1987

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime8th June 2011, 11:44 pm

I can't wait for this game to come out, and I am so making a smuggler.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 2:51 am

Me and about 4 of my buddies are going to be playing. We should all make characters on the same server.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 7:36 am

I will probably get this
Back to top Go down
Bluesci1987
Bluesci1987

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 7:55 am

Wait, are we going to be light side or dark side? Cause I usually play the good guys, but force lighting is pretty cool lol.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 12:08 pm

Oh we are going to be Sith no doubt. Everyone knows it's not worth playing unless you can have a red spiky face.
Back to top Go down
Bluesci1987
Bluesci1987

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 12:17 pm

Prefect, time to fry some ewoks.
Back to top Go down
Draxius
Draxius

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 12:45 pm

If the servers are worldwide I will totally join you all.

CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE HOGS OF WAR!

...Also I think it is already possible to make ones Guild/Group/Whatever?
Back to top Go down
http://www.http://youaintseensquat.blogspot.com/
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 4:13 pm

Yeah, we should find one...Let me know if you find a server that is good for both time zones.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 4:25 pm

Can i be one your, group, guild thing?(dont know what its called)
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 5:41 pm

Bluesci1987 wrote:
Prefect, time to fry some ewoks.

Stay away from my Ewoks!!! That is my unbeatable army for Star Wars Miniatures.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime9th June 2011, 5:42 pm

Draxius wrote:
If the servers are worldwide I will totally join you all.

CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE HOGS OF WAR!

...Also I think it is already possible to make ones Guild/Group/Whatever?

Yes, you can already form a guild.
Back to top Go down
Bluesci1987
Bluesci1987

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime10th June 2011, 12:35 am

But there are very few things as good as roasted ewoks. Especially with a side of gungan sushi.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 11:11 pm

With the announcement that SW:Galaxies will be shutting down in December, I fully expect that Old Republic will be up and going in December as well. If not, I look for Jan 1, 2012. What a way to bring in the new year.
Back to top Go down
Bluesci1987
Bluesci1987

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime28th June 2011, 3:42 pm

Wow, I thought they shut down SW: Galaxies a long time ago. Wonder how many other failing mmorpgs are still around? Did we ever come up with a guild yet or are we still deciding?
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime28th June 2011, 8:21 pm

Sadly, this game will be crushed by Diablo 3 if it tries to come out this winter. Its only hope was a summer launch.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime28th June 2011, 11:05 pm

bdix wrote:
Sadly, this game will be crushed by Diablo 3 if it tries to come out this winter. Its only hope was a summer launch.

What is this "Diablo" you speak of? You don't know the power of the Dark Side! Blizzard sucks. Period. How many years in a row did they say Starcraft was coming out? The first thing they will do is try to make an expansion for WoW that takes longer than 4 hours to beat so they hold the attention of the subscribers they have.
WoW has lost over 500,000 subscribers each of the last three quarters. Granted, they still have 11.5 million more, but when Old Republic launches, I look for that number to double easily to a million.

Old Republic could be launched today if all they wanted to accomplish was an endless KOTOR game. Which a vast majority would be perfectly happy with. But they are still working out the kinks in the Player vs. Player aspect of the game.

I for one will continue to eagerly await the release of the Old Republic and not give Diablo a moments notice.
Back to top Go down
Bluesci1987
Bluesci1987

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 1:05 am

Also, Diablo is a game focused around mostly dungeon running. After you go though the dungeons a couple of times, you have completed the most of the game. SWTOR is not only going to have the same single or cooperative experience, but will also have all the other aspects like the PVP battles, interactive storylines, and a bigger universe to explore. Plus, you can't beat the ability to use the Force and a lightsaber.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 2:26 am

I'm just saying, Diablo 3 is a bigger title and will steal a large bulk of the players from old republic, myself included. Diablo 2 had one of the best online systems ever made and it was free.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 4:37 pm

bdix wrote:
I'm just saying, Diablo 3 is a bigger title and will steal a large bulk of the players from old republic, myself included. Diablo 2 had one of the best online systems ever made and it was free.

I've come to the conclusion that you are delusional. It doesn't get any bigger than Star Wars. Diablo will not steal any players away from the Old Republic. Diablo is not the game you are looking for.

Besides, enjoy waiting another ten years for yet another game they say is due out "in the near future", move on and show those Blizzard clowns that they cannot sit around do what they want when they want. Games are getting better and more diverse every year. That is why Old Republic will be a HUGE release. Star Wars eclipses age, sex, language, and is forever a part of pop culture. Can you say the same for Diablo? No. So may the force be with you while you play Diablo, because nobody else will.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 4:57 pm

While I agree Star Wars has a much wider fan base, they have really screwed the pooch on all their online stuff. Whereas, Diablo revolutionized the way online games are played.

Point #2: Diablo 2 is still in the top ten games player per week on IGN and Gamefaqs. It was made in 1999.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 5:47 pm

Congratulations. On a forum for discussion of tiny plastic spacemen, you two get the award for nerdiest argument of all time.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 6:03 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Congratulations. On a forum for discussion of tiny plastic spacemen, you two get the award for nerdiest argument of all time.
it's in the right forum. Debate on, good gents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 6:09 pm

bdix wrote:
While I agree Star Wars has a much wider fan base, they have really screwed the pooch on all their online stuff. Whereas, Diablo revolutionized the way online games are played.

Point #2: Diablo 2 is still in the top ten games player per week on IGN and Gamefaqs. It was made in 1999.

To point 1, that was Sony Entertainment that published and maintained galaxies. Old Republic is Bioware. Perhaps you have heard of them. They made KOTOR, Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Don't confuse the two. Bioware has a proven track record thus far.

To point 2, I had Diablo for the Playstation. It was a fun game until I started my run through for the third time. Then I realized how bored I was with it and moved on to Command and Conquer(Love me a good rts). Never played Diablo 2, I was playing the Baldur's Gate games instead.

Now, there are simply better games coming out than the classic dungeon crawl. I would be really surprised if they didn't put D3 on the consoles and milk it for online content like the Call of Duty games.

Wanna learn about some real games coming out this year? check out g4tv.com and the E3 coverage.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime29th June 2011, 6:13 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:

Let's take it one step further.

If Stormtroopers were in the 40k Universe, what would their BS be? Being that they are so precise and all according to Obi-Wan in A New Hope.

My nerd-dom knows no bounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next