Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mail models

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

mail models Empty
PostSubject: mail models   mail models Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 3:05 pm

What's the best way to package assembled models via U.S. mail short of battlefoam? I'm headed back to Toronto for the summer, and then Italy the semester after so I need a way to safely transfer my armies from country to country. I'm looking at moving lots of marines, 50 or so terminators, 3 rhinos, 4 landraiders, 4 dreads, and the island of blood set.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

mail models Empty
PostSubject: Re: mail models   mail models Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 3:17 pm

the best and easiest say to transport models is to bubblewrap them and pack them with your cloths. The next step up would be a gun case you can buy at walmart for 20 bucks or so. from there there is KR cases or army transport, then finally we have battle foam. The gun case would probably be best checked if your flying, and the KR, A-T and Battlefoam bags have ranges that are small enough for carry on.

(*Doh I should read more i guess lol*)

If your mailing your minis, individually bubble wraped models in a double thickness box would be the absolute safest way to ship.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

mail models Empty
PostSubject: Re: mail models   mail models Icon_minitime6th May 2011, 3:48 pm

Dont mail them. Find a way to package them and bring them with you. For whatever reason, when you ship to and from Europe there is a high count of packages being held up a customs and crap getting broken. They must think people are using models to smuggle cocaine or something. Kind of sounds like using gold to smuggle tin to me. I read an instance where a guy had his forgeworld titan drilled through at customs and he didnt get reinbursement. He was shipping from UK to somewhere else in Europe.

Anyway, bubblewrap/wrap with something soft, and carry on person. If you really have a model you dont want to get jacked up, then make some sort of foam case for it, and carry it as a carry on. You can get cheap foam at hobbylobby.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mail models Empty
PostSubject: Re: mail models   mail models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mail models
Page 1 of 1