Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changes to existing models

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
abbottj83
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
abbottj83

Changes to existing models Empty
PostSubject: Changes to existing models   Changes to existing models Icon_minitime6th February 2010, 7:22 pm

I learned today that the Blood Angels Codex really seems to suit my play style. So it looks like I'm gonna switch my Space Marine army over to Blood Angels when I can. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks for stripping off old paint jobs and for "unglue-ing" limbs in order to fix some models weapons selections. Any info you can give will help; I'm totally in the dark on the subject. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: Changes to existing models   Changes to existing models Icon_minitime6th February 2010, 7:26 pm

Not much help on the unglueing part. As far as taking paint off, I drop them in a bucket of simple green for a several days until the paint sloughs off. I then use a toothbrush to make sure all the paint comes out of the recesses.
Back to top Go down
abbottj83
abbottj83

PostSubject: Re: Changes to existing models   Changes to existing models Icon_minitime6th February 2010, 7:30 pm

Thanks. Oh I used just normal super glue btw; if that changes anything for any advice someone might give on pulling the models apart.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Changes to existing models   Changes to existing models Icon_minitime8th February 2010, 12:32 am

If you used super glue, then many of the same methods used to strip paint will also weaken the glued join. I use Castrol Super Clean. You need to wear gloves when you use it, but it's plastic safe and it will weaken super glue bonds.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes to existing models   Changes to existing models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes to existing models
Page 1 of 1