Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

June 11th event @ CHG

Go down 
+3
bdix
Verminlord
Haren
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

June 11th event @ CHG  Empty
PostSubject: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime25th April 2011, 11:40 pm

Since I said I'd keep this updated with info here is:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170864089634955

It's a 35 point event, timed turns, and I want to bet 10 bucks a head.
The Feb event we had 18 players show up. a few players from tulsa, and lawerence came in for it.

It is the same weekend as IDM so there is that conflict.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime26th April 2011, 12:01 am

Yeah, count me out as I have already committed to IDM. Someone should plan these out better. I would like to be able to play in as many local events as possible.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime26th April 2011, 12:07 am

Why would they make it on a day where they could possibly pull players from one of the largest events in NWA, daresay the entire midsouth region. Seems counter productive to the community.

Not flaming you Shawn...I understand you are just the messanger...
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime26th April 2011, 12:10 pm

Please note on this: timed turns. Last event was 7 minute turns, 1 3-minute extension per game. That definately cut out slow play and penalized people who don't know their rules or armies well (which I am definately in favor of).
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime26th April 2011, 1:05 pm

Well that is kind of the nature of the beast in 40k. No matter how skilled a general you are, 40k still has a lot of pieces to move around turn by turn. I wish we could play 10 minute games!
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime26th April 2011, 3:25 pm

40k is supposed to be a 6 turn game, right? At least most tournaments I see peg it at that. If you assume 2.5 hour time limit, and you're averaging more than 12.5 minutes/ turn (accepting that early turns will take more time and later ones will take less), you're costing your opponent time.

I should really consider just docking opponent's sportsmanship if we run out of time. I'm pretty certain my list for IDM will take less than 12 minutes/ turn.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime26th April 2011, 3:59 pm

I'm going to time you every game! I'll just take a forfeit and come watch you with a stop watch.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime26th April 2011, 4:04 pm

Go for it!

I now need to see if I can challenge you game 1 to make it convenient for you. =)
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime26th April 2011, 11:59 pm

deleted

Last edited by gamewizard on 19th May 2011, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime27th April 2011, 12:13 am

gamewizard wrote:
bdix wrote:
Why would they make it on a day where they could possibly pull players from one of the largest events in NWA, daresay the entire midsouth region. Seems counter productive to the community.

Not flaming you Shawn...I understand you are just the messanger...

This was not done intentionally against TSE, we had to plan around several events at CHG, as well as several Warmachine events that are taking place in Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. We are currently investigating to see if we can change our event date. It may or may not be possible.

Shawn isn't the messenger for CHG, I am.

Okay then, good deal.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime27th April 2011, 12:38 am

deleted

Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime27th April 2011, 6:46 am

No ire from us.

We exist to support the hobby in all of its forms! If that's the best weekend for you, then do it on that date. It'd be no different if there was a convention going on that day and you just had to pick if you were doing GW stuff or PP event.

I think Shawn just wanted to point out it was on the same weekend for people like me that refuse to acknowledge calendars.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime27th April 2011, 10:44 am

Keep the date if it's too much of a hassle to change, which at this point it probably is. But in the future it would be appreciated to plan a little better. I do however realize that sometimes things happen beyond anyone's control and the pieces must fall where they may.

No harm done, just would have liked to play. That's all.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime27th April 2011, 1:11 pm

deleted

Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime27th April 2011, 4:05 pm

deleted

Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime28th April 2011, 9:34 am

Chris,
Just to clear up things here in the public eye. I am not upset with the fact that another event got scheduled on the same weekend as my tournmanent. I would just like to see all of the local store try to work together to help build the gaming community that we have. Stacking events does no one any justice as you force our local players to choose which events they will attend. Sometimes this will just occur and nothing can be done about it, so be it. But it should be the exception and not the rule. I for one will certainly try to do better about posting events in a timely manner to keep everyone aprized of what is going on here at TSE. I will also try to do a better job of look at other stores calendars of events. Have a great day and know that sometimes I get cranky, but it is usually only with Brent.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 11th event @ CHG    June 11th event @ CHG  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June 11th event @ CHG
Page 1 of 1