Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th Empty
PostSubject: Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th   Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th Icon_minitime26th August 2010, 11:11 am

Next month is going to be War Pig's first Magic: The Gathering Event.

On the 11th we are going to be having a casual, non-ranked booster draft. I am set up as a Gateway event coordinator so I have some foil DCI cards that Wizards sent me that I will be using as prize support in addition to store product.

If you are interested in participating let me know, also feel free to pass the word along to anyone else you might know that would be down for playing.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th   Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th Icon_minitime11th September 2010, 6:36 pm

Had a lot of fun today! Thanks again big_d.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th   Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th Icon_minitime12th September 2010, 8:01 pm

Just in case anyone is interested, I ran R/B - turns out that U and U/B were being drafted down from me, so I had to switch my UB build out fairly early as blue just dried up.

I won't post my entire draft list, but here's what I ran:

1x Doom blade
1x Lightning Bolt
1x Bog Raiders
2x Chandra's Outrage
1x Assassinate
1x Prodigal Pyromancer
1x Black Knight
2x Liliana's spectre
2x Stabbing Pain
1x Nether Horror
1x Combust
1x Chandra's Spitfire
3x Vulshok Berserker
1x Goblin Tunneler
1x Magma Phoenix
1x Child of Night
2x Volcanic Strength (should have swapped out for 2xQuag sickness in my sideboard)
1x Fireball

8x mountain, 7x swamp, 1x terramorphic expanse.

record: 6-0-0
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th   Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th Icon_minitime12th September 2010, 9:09 pm

I had a blast running and playing in this. Since we had an odd number of people I was able to play. I had never played in a draft before and it was a lot of fun. I ended up with a WG deck that did me pretty well. It all went downhill when Chris (running Dan's deck) pulled out some kind of Leviathan that just shut me down.

It was a hoot and I am already looking forward to running the next one.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th   Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th Icon_minitime12th September 2010, 11:25 pm

big_d wrote:

It was a hoot and I am already looking forward to running the next one.

Are you planning on running another M11? Or do you think you'll run Eldrazi or Scars of Mirrordin?
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th   Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th Icon_minitime12th September 2010, 11:30 pm

I will use whichever set everyone wants to use. I know that Scars of Mirrodin is right around the corner so that one might be a good set to use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th   Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Booster Draft at Warpig on the 11th
Page 1 of 1