Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

40k event @ Meta - April 9th

Go down 
+5
Dannato
Wildeyedjester
littleboyblues
bdix
Haren
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink

40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime4th April 2011, 10:26 pm

You have seen Jester's guard, right? I still have flashbacks.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime4th April 2011, 10:42 pm

if you haven't done it yet, you should email you should email your list in. cmorgan@mguinc.com
Back to top Go down
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th April 2011, 6:45 am

*sigh*

Looks like I won't be able to make it after all. We have some friends coming to visit from out of town. Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th April 2011, 4:17 pm

BIg Al wrote:
*sigh*

Looks like I won't be able to make it after all. We have some friends coming to visit from out of town. Sorry guys.

Where is the dislike button?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th April 2011, 5:26 pm

BIg Al wrote:
*sigh*

-2 people dislike this
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th April 2011, 9:11 pm

Go figure. Friends we haven't seen in a year and they come down on the one weekend I was going to go to a tourny on. I'll keep an eye out for the next one. Would be nice to get a series of games in before Patriot.

Well my little nids, back to sleep you go. Space Elves: you're up.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime7th April 2011, 11:40 pm

Lets wear our black shirts, gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th April 2011, 10:08 am

What time are we leaving in the morning and from where?

Black out........ I like it.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th April 2011, 2:32 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
Ill drive the 4 runner - should be room. Back seat will be tight but its only 2 hrs 15 mins. We'll meet and leave warpig at 6:15. Stop once along the way and be in springfield for 9:00 sign up.

Sound ok to everyone?

*ahem*
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th April 2011, 2:57 pm

errrrrr...my bad lol
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime9th April 2011, 11:12 pm

I know Jester won, how'd everyone else do?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime9th April 2011, 11:15 pm

1st place went to Dan
I got second and best painted
Blake won best sports

It was a lot of fun! About 24 in attendance.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime9th April 2011, 11:42 pm

ahh cool guys, gratz. I wish I could have gone up also.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime9th April 2011, 11:49 pm

I want it noted, while I got whomped first round, I did NOT come in the bottom 5. More like bottom 6. But that's beside the point...The loin cloth of shame is bestowed upon me Sad
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 9:39 am

Need details! Congrats, Dan!
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 10:31 am

Very nice showing guys. What armies did you all end up taking? Blake always gets best sports, people see Tau across the table and feel bad for him. (kidding![not really])
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th April 2011, 1:36 pm

Dan massacred all three of his opponents. Jeremy massacred all three of his opponents. There were 4 people total who did that going into the last round, Jeremy played one and Dan played the other. Both Jeremy and Dan massacred their last opponent, giving them the same total score. It went down to VPs and Dan had more, so he got first and Jeremy got second. Everyone was enamored with Jeremy's guard, so he got best painted.

Here is who everyone played:

Jeremy: Orks, Chaos space marines, Eldar
Dan: Space Wolves, Vanilla Marines, IG
Eric: I can't remember...I only know the other two because we played the same people.
Me: Vanilla Marines, Orks, Space Wolves

Eric masscared his first opponet, got beat the second game, and massacred his third opponent.

Here is how my games went:

Game one-

Played vanilla marines with Lysander and the orbital bombardment guy. let it be known my rolls were awful. I failed 6 of 6 2+ saves for my broadsides. I got first turn, so there was nothing to shoot at. I force the bombardment guy to break towards his edge His first turn he rallied and orbital bombards a unit of my suits and kills them all. I'm still not sure he could have done this, since he rallied first and his guy couldnt move then shot that. He drop pods a heavy flamer dread and kills a whole unit of kroot, drop pods lysander with a unit of guys who have a heavy flamer and kills another unit of kroot. Snipers at my suits and kill one of them on a failed cover save. . I immoblize the dread and take off its big gun (kroot were dead so whatever). I missed every other shot. His turn two, he deepstrikes vanguard on top of my broadsides. They assault and kill them. He shoots bolters from another unit at my other broadsides. I fail 6 saves on a 1 and lose the entire unit. Seriously. I dont remember where the game went after this, but it was over after all that. I got massacred, partially due to bad luck, partially due to his good luck, and mostly due to my own poor play.

Game two-

I played the guy who Jeremy graciously massacred for me the first game. He was good. We were playing a KP game where HQ was worth the most, elite/fast/heavy were worth alittle less, and troops were worth 1. I had second turn. The first three turns, I shoot him off the board. Pretty much all he has left is three units of boyz, and I'm winning 11 to 2. Sliprot? comes off the board edges and assaults my broadsides. This would have been fine, but my broadsides stuck on his turn, and finished up on mine. He gets another assault. They stick on his turn, and I kill him on mine. This is bad. Bottom on 5 and I have my HQ, broadsides, and a unit of crisis suits that were within range of his boyz. I get assaulted, loss them all, and on the bottom of 5 I lose 15 KPs. I take a minor loss 17 to 15. If I could had ran during my turn, I would have had a massacre. Very frustrating, as I really outplayed him. I give this one to complete luck, which is part of the game.

Game three-

What can I say? It was game three and I had lost two games prior. I clubbed some baby seals and we went home.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40k event @ Meta - April 9th   40k event @ Meta - April 9th - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40k event @ Meta - April 9th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2