Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tau Basing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Tau Basing Empty
PostSubject: Tau Basing   Tau Basing Icon_minitime29th January 2011, 8:40 pm

So you all have probally seen my Tau. If not, they are yellow with red/orange stripes, and some black mixed in here and there. I originally started basing with sand, trying to do a desert theme. It looks pretty lame I think and i want to try something else. I think I want to do some custom bases by press molding. What kind of bases should I make? What would look good? I'm pretty stumped.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Tau Basing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Basing   Tau Basing Icon_minitime31st January 2011, 2:00 am

I have decided to try a volcanic landscape. I'm not really sure how I am going to do this, but I like the idea of having the black shiny stone and lava flow. Any ideas on bases?

Here are a couple ones I like:

http://www.back2base-ix.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=14

http://www.darkartstore.darkartminiatures.com/categories/THEMED-BASING/Lava/

https://ironhalo.net/store//catalog/product_info.php?products_id=363
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Tau Basing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Basing   Tau Basing Icon_minitime2nd February 2011, 8:06 pm

I've done a display board up as lava, but never anything as small as a base. After you do a few it should get pretty easy.

I just primed everything black, drybrushed it grey - for the rock on top of the lava, and for the lava worked my way up from red, to orange, to yellow - I used the cheap WalMart paints since it was a big board.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Tau Basing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Basing   Tau Basing Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 12:14 am

I just ordered about 70 bases from dark arts...I may bring them by after they come in and have you show me how to do them.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Tau Basing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Basing   Tau Basing Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 1:12 am

I'd be happy to. I think I have seen those before and they are pretty sharp looking. Should really make em pop.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Tau Basing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Basing   Tau Basing Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 10:25 pm

They have a little painting guide on the site that I think I'll try to use... How long does it ussually take to recieve items from UK?
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

Tau Basing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Basing   Tau Basing Icon_minitime3rd February 2011, 11:57 pm

When i ordered my crusader/redeemer sprew from gw it was a 5 day turnaround. I cant imagine that microart would be much more.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Tau Basing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Basing   Tau Basing Icon_minitime1st March 2011, 4:36 pm

I figured I'd condense my multiple threads in this section into this one. I got another Tau basing question, completely different than the previous ones...

I want to base my Hammerhead on one of my dreadnought sized lava bases. The base is larger than the typical flying base.

First question- Is the larger base okay to use? Could I use a smaller base if I wanted?

if so,

second question- Would it be enough to drill into the resin and use the GW flying stick to hold it in place? I suppose I could pin it, but then I would be pinning an object that is already kind of pinned??? I'm alittle skeptical how the plastic will hold on the resin, even if it is inside of a hole...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tau Basing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Basing   Tau Basing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tau Basing
Page 1 of 1