Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Siege On Castle House Games VI

Go down 
+9
Haren
capnwoodrow
BIg Al
PhantomPhoenix
bsimon
bdix
jordanpoc
Verminlord
gamewizard
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Siege On Castle House Games VI Empty
PostSubject: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime8th November 2010, 3:24 pm

We'll be holding a 2K 40K event on Saturday, December 4th. We'll need lists in no later than Saturday, November 27th. Fee will be $10 for early entry (up until November 27th) late entry fees (after November 27th, up until Friday, December 3rd) will be $20. Lists will not be accepted at the door.

Payment can be made either in person or by payment at the CHG website. I will post that link asap, I just wanted to get the info up as soon as I could.

You can either e-mail the list to me at chris@castlehousegames.com or drop them by the shop.

The scenarios are still TBD at this time, but we will throw a few different things in.

There will again be a First, Second, and Third place for Battle with the prizes as product support from Games Workshop. There will be a prize of for best Army and a prize for Sportsmanship. Any ties for Sports will go to the person with the lowest score in Battle.

Registration starts at 8:30 am with a 9:00 am game start time.

Game 1: 9:00 to 11:00
Lunch: 11:00 to 12:00
Game 2: 12:30 to 2:30
Game 3: 3:00 to 5:00

Awards ceremony is at 5:30

Thanks, get your lists in as soon as possible and we'll see you on December 4th!

Last edited by gamewizard on 8th November 2010, 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime8th November 2010, 8:06 pm

You mean this event is on the 4th? Sunday is the 5th, been on my calendar for a while, prolly going to the Chiefs/Broncos game at Arrowhead.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime8th November 2010, 8:29 pm

Verminlord wrote:
You mean this event is on the 4th? Sunday is the 5th, been on my calendar for a while, prolly going to the Chiefs/Broncos game at Arrowhead.

We'll miss you at the event.
Back to top Go down
jordanpoc
Necron in a clown wig
Necron in a clown wig
jordanpoc

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime8th November 2010, 8:29 pm

definitely interested in this. and yeah, Friday is the 3rd, so Saturday can't be the 6th, unless i didn't go to that meeting about date changes. I didn't read the memo in time. /sarcasm

Any rules? No special characters/only 1? Fully painted army? Imperial Armor?
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime8th November 2010, 8:34 pm

jordanpoc wrote:
definitely interested in this. and yeah, Friday is the 3rd, so Saturday can't be the 6th, unless i didn't go to that meeting about date changes. I didn't read the memo in time. /sarcasm

Any rules? No special characters/only 1? Fully painted army? Imperial Armor?

Special characters are an incremental part of 40K, so they are allowed. We don't demand fully painted armies, but a fully painted army will be sure to catch the players' eyes when they vote on "most favorite army". Imperial Armor is a Forge World rule book, I believe; we are just running with GW rules.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime8th November 2010, 8:34 pm

Verminlord wrote:

My bad on the date. They date has been corrected. Numbers are not my friend.
Back to top Go down
jordanpoc
Necron in a clown wig
Necron in a clown wig
jordanpoc

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime8th November 2010, 8:35 pm

Just wondering. Some shops (not around here though, they're pretty good about this kind of stuff) are really strict on rules about that.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime8th November 2010, 8:46 pm

gamewizard wrote:
Verminlord wrote:

We'll miss you at the event.

If I don't go I will play. But I may not know until the last minute if I am not going. Friday being the last minute.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime9th November 2010, 11:08 pm

I'll be there
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime10th November 2010, 9:53 pm

Odds on any of Hogs of War besides Blake and me showing up? Bueller?
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 5:48 am

I'm going to do what I can to make it, hoping to have a good show for the first tourney I bring my Angels to.
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 7:45 am

I was planning on attending but I have a family outing already planned for the 4th.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 1:12 pm

bsimon wrote:

Hah! That's a good one. (I was talking about the Bueller part.)
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 1:16 pm

If Bradford shows up, it will be the third straight tournement with just us 3 and two others!
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 2:48 pm

According to the Internet, I don't have a good 40k army. Hmmm. So torn.

Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 2:55 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
According to the Internet, I don't have a good 40k army. Hmmm. So torn.

Coulda SWORN you had space marines? I knew you had CSM, Orks, and something else...
Back to top Go down
jordanpoc
Necron in a clown wig
Necron in a clown wig
jordanpoc

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 2:55 pm

I'm gonna try to show up. How fast of a list i can get together will matter the most, because I don't want to pay $20 for a tournament.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 3:17 pm

I may try and show up. Not sure if I'd be happy with my BA in the state that they are atm.... oh and my necrons are no where close enough to field.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 9:13 pm

bsimon wrote:

Are we still welcome to show up? I don't want to get hit with a cane Shocked

I quote:

My mental capacity is just not equal to those who are in charge of these forums. I'd like to say it was good while it lasted but I hate lying.

Maybe I am wrong but that doesn't scream warm invite to me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 9:24 pm

I'm fairly sure he just meant me. I don't think you've ever had a forum fight with him.

Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 9:46 pm

Perhaps it can be clarified if the malace is yours and yours alone or if it is jointly owned. I dont mind if you get hit with a cane. Nothing personal. It just doesn't hurt the same way....

I was thinking of bringing my guard out of storage, since my only plan that weekend is taking my 3 year old to the nutcracker.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 9:48 pm

I'm pretty sure any local store owner would be happy to have a turnout of more than 3 (WM tournament at CHG) to 5 (40k tournament at TSE) people.

Hell, if I knew how to play Malifaux and had an army I'd have showed up to Will's tournament. Perhaps one of the new boxes will appeal to me.

Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 10:10 pm

It's just the opposite swing of the pendulum from a year ago when the Hogs would be 5 of the 6 people to attend a tournament.

Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 11:10 pm

bsimon wrote:
Hell, if I knew how to play Malifaux and had an army I'd have showed up to Will's tournament. Perhaps one of the new boxes will appeal to me.

if there's another tournament and you're interested in playing, let me know, i've got three crews at this point, and would be quite alright with sharing
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime12th November 2010, 2:49 am

Wildeyedjester wrote:
bsimon wrote:

Are we still welcome to show up? I don't want to get hit with a cane Shocked

I quote:

My mental capacity is just not equal to those who are in charge of these forums. I'd like to say it was good while it lasted but I hate lying.

Maybe I am wrong but that doesn't scream warm invite to me?

Meh, I'm pretty sure he was just peeved at cap. I know the fact that I'm a mod here won't make him kick me out of the store... then again if he came at me with the cane I'd just duel him since I'm limping around on one myself right now thanks to a sprained foot Razz
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siege On Castle House Games VI   Siege On Castle House Games VI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Siege On Castle House Games VI
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next