Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Second Siege on Castle House Games

Go down 
+4
nachos
Clockwork Gecko
Monkey
gamewizard
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Second Siege on Castle House Games Empty
PostSubject: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime9th November 2009, 5:02 pm

The Siege on Castle House Games Secundus will transpire on Saturday, December the 5th 2009.

Army size will be 1,750 points.

Cost will be $10 at the door.

I will need all army lists no later than November 27th. You can either e-mail the list to me at chris@castlehousegames.com or drop them by the shop.

The game types will again be Capture-Annihilation-Capture. There will be various secret objectives in each scenario.

There will again be a First, Second, and Third place for Battle with the prizes as $40, $25, and $15 respectively. There will be a prize of $25 for Paint and a $15 prize for Sportsmanship. Any ties for Sports will go to the person with the lowest score in Battle. All prizes will be issued as coupons good towards the purchase of anything in the store.

Registration starts at 8:30 am with a 9:00 am game start time.

Game 1: 9:00 to 11:00
Lunch: 11:00 to 12:00
Game 2: 12:30 to 2:30
Game 3: 3:00 to 5:00

Awards ceremony is at 5:30

Hope to see lots of folks there!
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime20th November 2009, 6:42 pm

As a gentle reminder, army lists for this event are due on November 27th, no later than midnight that date.

As a not so gentle statement regarding lists; no changes to your lists will be allowed after that cutoff time and date. After that period please do not ask for changes.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime28th November 2009, 2:20 pm

Lists are closed; we have 6 players for this event.

We should have a good tournament; just not sure if I can get the new canyon Tau/Necron board done in time.

Too many bad life events at once. Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime28th November 2009, 4:50 pm

Gamewizard,

Did you get my list?

Monkey
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime29th November 2009, 12:00 am

Hmmm, I guess I didn't.

I'll look at my email tomorrow and see if it's there. If not, no problem.

We have seven players.

Thanks, Monkey!
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime29th November 2009, 1:50 am

I'll run one by tomorrow.

Later,

Monkey
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime29th November 2009, 2:15 pm

I have it, Monkey. Just have to transfer it to the other computer.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Gecko
Flashlight toting Guardsman

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime3rd December 2009, 11:38 pm

I hope to come in and check this out. I personally don't play 40K, but I do enjoy watching a good tournament.
Back to top Go down
nachos
Eldar with a tramp stamp
nachos

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime4th December 2009, 10:26 pm

Wellits the night before the big day up at castle house and once again the little peon is running around trying to get stuff ready. Hope to see all that singed up early tomorrow. :-)
Back to top Go down
crossbonesx11
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
crossbonesx11

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime5th December 2009, 11:15 am

Good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime5th December 2009, 10:25 pm

Big blast was had by all!

We wound up having 12 players again, up from the 6 that I expected!

Thanks all who participated; I'll try to have the results up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime5th December 2009, 11:14 pm

Aw, sorry - if I had realized that you guys were taking entries at the door I woulda come by.

Oh well. I'll know for next time.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime6th December 2009, 12:17 am

I was under the impression it was advanced registration only?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime6th December 2009, 1:08 am

It pretty much was; I wasn't actually taking at-the-door registration but when I have three or four people ask me during the week after registration is closed if they can still play I felt I would be a fool to turn them away.

This isn't something I want to encourage but with this being our second tournament I felt some leeway should be given to people who had cancellations of other activities or simply forgot we were having it (as one person claimed).

In any case I felt it would be bad for both me and the community to get snarly and tell people tough luck. Evidently one person was told they were too late to get in but I wasn't the one that said that. I truly wish I had been consulted before the person had been turned away. But I can't turn back time or make things right in this case.

All I can do is encourage everyone to be sure to turn in their lists when I ask but also to be sure to talk to me if they have questions about whether or not they can join in if they have some time that suddenly comes open when we have tournaments.

It is only fair to the other players to register at the same time as they do but I also understand that life has its moments (November proved that to me) and sometimes a little leeway should be given. I gave a little too much leeway in this tournament that I probably won't repeat.
Back to top Go down
nachos
Eldar with a tramp stamp
nachos

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime6th December 2009, 2:44 pm

Well I'll know for next time that Chris is willing to let more people in. I really like the advanced registration. For several reasons the biggest one is that i can get all the administrative stuff done early like checking army list. But i felt really bad when when one of the hogs of war guys last week was like "i wanted to get in but i forgot and i told them sorry" from now on i'll just say talk to chris. I realy enjoy seeing all you guys done here and palying. I do arggre with chris on the fact that haveing more people is way more fun then not haveing people.

I guess what i'l trying to say is that for the sake of Nachos please bring the list early as you can i like the sleep and would love to try to get some for once before the turnment. Also thanks to all tha make it. I look forward to palying the ringer army but at the same time its also fun to watch all the games you guys paly.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime6th December 2009, 3:11 pm

Pre-registration at our next event (February 13th) will be $10. List must be in to qualify for pre-reg no later than midnight February the 6th. After that cutoff the cost will jump to $15 and those lists must be in no later than midnight February the 12th.

Due to logistics reasons lists will not be accepted at the door. There is no possible way to get a list presented at the door verified in time to participate in the tournament. If I had two or three more helpers then it might be possible but at the door lists would need to be charged at least $20, maybe $25.

I believe my ideas will keep my desire to be all inclusive but will still make it also worthwhile to get your list in early.

The only problem with this idea is that now we will probably need to institute a pre-pay system. Otherwise some folks might not see the fairness in accepting all the money at the door. Some people will be paying $10, some $15, and some $25 all at the same time. Perhaps if everyone understood the limitations of pre-pay versus paying different amounts at the door we can work through it.

I'll have to ponder the pre-pay and make a decision at a later time.
Back to top Go down
SandMarauder
Squig with flatulence

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime14th December 2009, 9:30 pm

whats the point size for this tourny
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime15th December 2009, 2:09 am

Sorry, I meant this thread to just discuss prices and cutoff times for pre-registration but the point size will be 2,000.

More info later.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime5th January 2010, 11:20 pm

Sorry for the long delay in posting results. Also please excuse all the extra numbers, I felt it would be better getting the results on the site rather than struggle with how to fix the file.

Here are the results of CHG Secundus:

Rank

Player

Army

Total

Totals

Opponents Scores

Judge Scores

Battle Total

Sportsmanship

Composition

Presentation

Sportsmanship

Composition

Painting

Army
Composition

Unit
Composition

Presentation

Matt H.

Space Wolves

Brent S.

Space Wolves

Andy V.

Chaos marines

Daniel L.

Necron

Cory J.

Orks

Mike R.

Dark Angels

Russell R.

Imperial Guard

Richard A.

Black Tempalrs

Kevin N.

Dark Eldar

Ken S.

Black Templars

Curtis E.

Kevin M.

Space Marines

Last edited by gamewizard on 5th January 2010, 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime5th January 2010, 11:28 pm

Matt H. won a $40 GC for 1st in Battle.

Brent S. won a $25 GC for 2nd in Battle.

Andy V. won a $10 GC for 3rd in Battle.

Daniel L. won a $25 GC for 1st in Paint.

Kevin N. achieved an Honorable Mention in Paint.

Cory J. won a $10 GC for Sportsmanship.

Thanks to all who played, and I hope to see more at the Tournament on February 13th!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Siege on Castle House Games   Second Siege on Castle House Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second Siege on Castle House Games
Page 1 of 1