Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Khorne 2000 list

Go down 
+6
Wildeyedjester
big_d
Monkey
bsimon
Verminlord
Turducken
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 3:54 pm

Meltas are never a bad idea. Especially since CSM can take 2 meltaguns in a squad. Add that to the fact that vanilla CSMs get the CC weapon and pistols you can really make an encroaching marine squad hurt if they fall short and you get a countercharge against them.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 4:09 pm

Alright, so a melta gun, possibly 2.

I was thinking, since most of my anti-infantry will be coming in the form of berzerkers, will I need a gun in my squad that can reach out and touch infantry?

And about possesed. I read the post on the blog about possesed only being good for conversions. So, should I just make berzerkers out of the possesed bodies, as well?
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:01 am

The great thing about Chaos Space Marines is that you have a lot of flexibility when it comes time to put stuff on the table. While I wouldn't field a whole unit of possessed you can use them as unit champions or you can mix the bits up with regular guys of Berzerkers for a unique looking unit or you can even call them chosen. These units can fill double duty in that if you model them up right they can be berzerkers, possessed (if for some reason you want to field them), or chosen. I have even modelled up sorcerors and chaos lords out of the possessed bits. You can even make two raptors out of the box by just using the winged backpacks.

Just go crazy with it. It's Chaos. There really isn't a wrong way to model stuff up as long as you can explain to someone what it is and they not be (really) confused by it.
Back to top Go down
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:04 am

I figured on making a chaos lord with wings out of the box. Raptors would be awesome too! Wow, There are so many units I want to field now.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:58 am

Drop the oblits! Their amazing if you have synergy with them and even then only in groups of 3. Plus (fluff wise) I don't think berserkers have the mental restraint to negotiate/bribe the oblits into fighting for them without just charging the oblits out of sheer principal. + it takes away from the khorne die die die feel. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:06 am

That makes sense. I keep hearing about how good they are, so I never really thought anout the fluff aspects. Should I just throw in another defiler, or perhaps something else?

A unit of raptors, maybe? The more I think about it the more I like Raptors. I was tihnking about giving them Meltaguns, and sending them tank hunting,
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:08 am

A Corn-ish defiler sounds like an exciting conversion opportunity!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:10 am

It most certainly does! But I've never converted anything in my life!

I guess I whould just give it a fantastically menacing CC weapong, a few Khorne icons, and an equally child-scaring cannon?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:11 am

If you do drop the oblits. Then running melta guns in raptors or other units would be a great Idea as you are loosing a little bit of anti vehicle and thats what khorne lacks.... OR you could forget that shooting crap and take a defiler with all close combat weapons and move fleet every turn until you attack with like 6 strength ten attacks!

In all seriousness the melta option is better but the crazed blood thirsty defiler wins on cool points!
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:13 am

Screw conversions!!

RUN THIS FETHER!!!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/bloodsl.htm

khorne = check
all close combat weapons = check
dreadnought sized = check
wicked cool = check
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:15 am

Do I get a cookie if I max out coolness points with 2 defilers? Laughing

That would be an impressive sight, and fun to play with!

I do want to eventually model up some raptors though. Wink

@ Blood Slaughterer

Shocked I'll play it if you buy it.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:15 am

Wow. That thing is fricking cool..... I do love some forgeworld, but good luck affording that puppy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 1:23 am

Oh man, do I wish I cold afford a Death Korps of Krieg army....

But anyway, out of the battleforce I can make the following...

8 dedicated berzerkers
15 Berzerkines. (Marines who are also berzerkers.)
5 Possesed, to be used for bitz, champions, lords, whatever the need arises. I'm thinking more berzerkers. Laughing
1 Rhino.

So, for my eventual goal of 2000+ points, I'm going to need alot more rhinos, 2 defilers, and 2-3 boxes of berzerkers. Plus, whatever units strike my fancy at any given moment in time. Wink

That's not a terribly high model count, compared to orks or Nids, but it a considerable chunk of money when you factor in the rhinos and defilers. At least Christmas isn't that far off. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 3:08 pm

I'm sorry for the double post, but someone on another forum brought up an interesting point.

Since I'm playing an all khorne army, why not just drop the marines, and place all my objectives on my opponents side? Thus making it possible for me to jump forward and snatch multiple objectives once I get into combat.

Your thoughts?

Oh, and about possesed... I was thinking about my HQ choice... Something along the lines of a winged Lord with lightning claws and Mark of Khorne. I can most definetly model this out of the possesed box, with some spare bits from other contents of the BF. But I wanted some lightning claws that look more like loyalist claws. Is the Terminator Lord box the only place to get chaos lightning claws?
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 3:50 pm

That might work for Seize Ground, but not for Capture and Control, which specifies that your objective has to go in your own deployment zone.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 4:04 pm

Well, no plan is perfect. Smile
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 11:03 pm

Lightning Claws are hard to come by these days. The only place I know of to get plastic Chaos lightning claws in the Terminator Lord box. For the loyalist ones I am not sure but I do know that the loyalist assault terminators comes with five pair of them but they are terminator sized - they look just a bit odd on regular guys. What I did for lightning claws on my chaos troops was to use the claw or hand with spike bit as lightning claws. Just paint them up with a bit of an energy field and you are good to go. As an added bonus they look extra chaosy.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime3rd August 2009, 2:06 pm

there is always the chaos lord with jump pack and lightning claws mini... hes prolly 10 bucks
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th August 2009, 1:21 am

Kinda a bit late, but I'll toss in my two cents here.

Overall, the list makes for a pretty solid Khorne army, but the biggest problems you're going to be running into is shooty armies. While zerkers are one of the best close combat units available, 41 attacks on the charge from 10 guys(+Champ), they fail pretty miserably when it comes to shooting, or even closing the gap. Carrying in them in Rhinos is all well and good, and effective enough, but when the rhino gets them close enough to assault, the zerkers are either stuck inside waiting to be able to assault the next turn or disembarking to shoot their pistols, but eating whatever the enemy throws at them. Since you are already including a land raider in your lay out I would suggest using one of your Heavy options to field a non-dedicated Land Raider(+possession, gotta love twin linked) for at least 1 squad of zerkers. That way even after the Land Raider moves, your zerkers are able to get right into CC not only benefiting from the charge but effectively tying up whoever you're charging allowing your remaining units more freedom to close in.

I kinda have to question the wisdom of running 4 full units of them. Yeah they can clear out horde armies fast, but to be perfectly honest CSM+Mark of Khorne don't do any worse since your standard horde army doesn't challenge your standard CSM in combat BEFORE the new mark. I would suggest Running 2 Units of the Zerkers and 2 units of CSM+MoK. That way in the event you do get a shooty army, you also have a chance to shoot back, and even though bolters are the standard gun, they can still clear up a unit of most Infantry, and you still have 41 attacks on the charge, you just lose the WS and Furious Charge bonuses. Now for the Skull Champions, I would advise against giving them Power Fists as the main reason Zerkers are amazing is that on they charge they get the additional str, atk, and init. At Init 5 Str 5 your zerkers will usually be able to make a pretty big dent in whatever they're assaulting. Giving your Champ a Power Fist, while a good way to kill things, drops him to Init 1 and instead of having 5 attacks on the charge, he will be down to 4. Give him a power weapon instead and meltabombs, that way he can still rip tanks a new one and when assaulting he can still drop a good number of guys before they get to so much as flinch.

Since the Land Raider isn't holding the Termies any more I would Deep Strike them. Also, instead of the Combi-Flamers you have them equipped with I would suggest either Combi-Meltas or Combi-Plasmas, entirely depending on what you want them to do. If you want your Termies to be anti-tank, go with the melta, Deep Strike them in as close to a tank as possible, and unload the melta, that's 4 melta shots which are generally within the 6 inches, especially with our Icons, and that gives you a great chance of dropping anything, even another Land Raider. If you find yourself wanting a way to clear out some of the tougher guys, maybe another group of terminators or some such, the Plasma is great. Dropping in and Raining Plasma Rapid Fire will clear things up very quickly.

Wouldn't change much else, your lord is solid, I love the Khorne Daemon weapon, though she is a harsh mistress. Something about a possibility of 9-17 attacks on the assault just makes me giggle. Your Heavy weapons are also good, while I agree that Oblits don't really fit Fluff-wise with Khorne, what with them being primarily gunners, they are arguably the best Heavy Weapons choice we've got. While Defilers, since we're talking Khorne I'm assuming 4 CCWs, tear into standard infantry, just be careful with being confronted with dreadnoughts or power/chainfists. Just remember the Defiler is relatively cheap so don't be afraid to sacrifice it to save something that will benefit you more.

Last suggestion before I end this ridiculous wall of text (sorry guys), Lesser Daemons, at least 2 units of 5. Keep their units small, and make sure every CSM/Zerker unit you run has an Icon be it Personal or of Khorne. These little guys make great speed bumps, as well as objective holders, and lucky for us, our Daemons magically learned how to assault after deep striking so you can add them into any melee the moment they land. Sure they only have a 5+invuln save and no ranged abilities, but at 13 points a piece I'm not complaining, these little guys have turned the tides of many a fight for me. Well, there's my 2 cents, even though at this point it looks like 2 dollars, if there's anything else Chaos you're interested in let me know, it's really the only part of 40k, outside the standard rules, I know anything about.

Last edited by PhantomPhoenix on 18th August 2009, 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Khorne 2000 list
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2