Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tau Stealth Idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Tau Stealth Idea Empty
PostSubject: Tau Stealth Idea   Tau Stealth Idea Icon_minitime28th October 2010, 1:34 am

I just had an idea while making a list. What if you took 5 stealth suits and gave them each 2 gun drones? The cost of the unit would be decently cheap and it becomes a 15 man unit that is close to impossible to hit if you place it right. You could really shield the heart of your army with that.
Back to top Go down
jordanpoc
Necron in a clown wig
Necron in a clown wig
jordanpoc

Tau Stealth Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Stealth Idea   Tau Stealth Idea Icon_minitime28th October 2010, 1:46 am

I love running them when I'm facing a mass of anything. They even have infiltrate and stealth suits that work like its night fighting rules, IIRC.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Tau Stealth Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Stealth Idea   Tau Stealth Idea Icon_minitime28th October 2010, 1:59 am

yeah, but they are still over 200 points a unit and not as good as suits. The one advantage I see in running them is that they are amazing at markerlighting. I ran a unit of them last weekend with Farsight and they did really well. Realistically I dont think I will take them in a non farsight list though. I beleive they were equal in points to my 3 man, leadership+shield drone, broadside team.

EDIT: I seem to have alot of these late at night.... I contradicted myself in posting this, then going agaisnt it! I meant to post that I ran the numbers and that unit comes out to be 250 points, which is WAY too many points to run as a shield.
Back to top Go down
jordanpoc
Necron in a clown wig
Necron in a clown wig
jordanpoc

Tau Stealth Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Stealth Idea   Tau Stealth Idea Icon_minitime28th October 2010, 2:03 am

yeah. not in a 1000 point list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tau Stealth Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Stealth Idea   Tau Stealth Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tau Stealth Idea
Page 1 of 1