Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A BA List idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
abbottj83
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
abbottj83

A BA List idea Empty
PostSubject: A BA List idea   A BA List idea Icon_minitime20th April 2010, 3:38 pm

So I've been trying to figure out a list I might enjoy playing that uses the various units I've taken a liking to. I know its not going to be a tournament winning list or anything; but heres an idea I've come up with for a 2000 pt list:

HQ:

Commander Dante - 225 pts

Elites:

Sternguard Veteran Squad - 300 pts
(10 guys, 2x Meltaguns or 1x Melta and 1x Flamer, and adding in various Combi- weapons as I have points, will go ahead and assume 8 Combi-s since I still have extra points to spend at the end and will adjust down as I need to. Side note: probably going to combat squad these guys and put them 5 each with a Sanguinary Priest in 2 different Razorbacks)

Sanguinary Priests - 150
(3 guys, standard gear)

Terminator Squad - 230
(5 guys with a Cyclone Missile Launcher)

Troops:

Sanguinary Guard - 200
(5 guys, standard gear)

Insert 2nd troop choice here -

Fast Attack:

Baal Predator - 115
(TL Assault Cannon)

Baal Predator - 115
(Flamestorm Cannon)

Heavy Support:

Stormraven Gunship - 200
(TL Multi-melta and TL Lascannons)

Devastator Squad - 175
(5 guys, 2x Missle Launchers, 2x Lascannons, Sarge w/ Power Fist)

Dedicated Transports:

Razorback - 90
(TL Assault Cannon. Taken by the Sternguard squad)

Razorback - 90
(TL Assault Cannon. Taken by Dev. Squad. Used by Sternguard combat squad)

Total = 1890 (So still got points I could spent here and there, and remember I can up to 40 points from the Sternguard guys by getting rid of their combi-weapons)

The basic idea is to set up the Dev Squad in the back and have them and the vehicles that can give fire support to the Razorbacks as they move into positions from which the vehicles guns and the Sternguard can use their firepower to great effect. Keep the Baal Preds and Stormraven moving around to stay in the best position for them, and then at some points swoop in with the Stormraven and let out Dante with the Sanguinary Guard to wreck havoc in close combat. Oh, and I'll keep the Termies in reserve and teleport in when I can.

I remembered I HAVE to have a 2nd troop choice, which is why the third Sanguinary Priest is there, but I haven't decided what else to take. He could also just stick with the Dev squad to give them a little more survivability with the FNP bubble; or just be dropped in favor of more points for something else. I know its light on troops for objective maps; but I never try to stay on the objectives anyways; I either forget or just can't resist more killing LOL. So I'm kindof okay with not being good at objective scenarios; though I'm not opposed to more troops choices.

So feel free to leave comments and constructive criticism. I'd like to keep the general flavor intact, fast moving support guns with a hard hitting assault punch when needed. And if you have some good ideas on how to spend the last 110-210 points (the extra 90 from dropping the combi-weapons for 40 and the 3rd Sanguinary Priest for 50), i.e. what other troop choice to take and such; let me know.

I'll also probably be up at CHG tomorrow afternoon around 3 looking to try and proxy this list and test it out. So if anyones gonna be around and wants to play a 2k point game, let me know.
Back to top Go down
abbottj83
abbottj83

A BA List idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A BA List idea   A BA List idea Icon_minitime20th April 2010, 3:51 pm

Fixed a couple of quick issues I noticed after posting:

1. I can only take 1 of those heavy weapons in a 5 man Terminator squad, misread the entry
2. I HAVE to have a 2nd troop choice, just remembered that. LOL. Well I've got points to spend, just haven't decided on which one to use yet.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

A BA List idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A BA List idea   A BA List idea Icon_minitime21st April 2010, 3:25 am

Biggest thing I see is you're bringing min Troop choices. With only 2, and 1 of them being max 5 strong, you are going to have a lot of trouble with Seize Ground (? the d3+2 objective one). Even if you only keep them in reserve then try to bring them in late for objective grabbing, you can't go wrong with RAS.

Next big thing is that you're taking Dante in a list that he does not support and does not support him. You have Sternguard (a VERY large unit of them, but I'll get back to that) Shooty Terminators, and a Dev Squad which are all ranged support units, but only have 1 unit of Sanguinary Guard to provide Assault Power. Dante is built to benefit a close combat army (he gives his unit Hit and Run which is nice as hell). I know you really like the Sternguard, but they are way too big and expensive even for 2000 points.

This is a pretty small point but one that is relatively important. Your Stormraven, currently equipped with MM/LC, is suffering from a very common affliction known as range conflict. The Multimelta, in order to be truly effective needs to be within 12", while the Lascannon is best used at exactly 48". Since you're going to be up close to make the most of the MM put the Assault Cannon back on, especially since it's actually just about as good at popping all armor over 12 as a TL Lascannon anyway. If you're dead set on the LC trade the MM for a Missile Launcher so you can still stay back at 48".

I personally don't like standard Terminators, especially not in BA since we have a lot of other things that work better, but if I were to take them I'd rather you take the assault cannon on them, for the same reason as your raven above.

Put sponsons on the Ass Cannon Baal, you're fine with leaving the Burna Baal nekkid as it's better to leave it cheap(IMO) since the HFlamers are generally overkill and it's so close it IS going to get blown up.

Give the Sang Guard a fist and maybe an infernus or two since you're pretty low on anti-tank, also give one of your Priests a JP and stick him with Dante and the Sang Guard. You can't have that unit getting eaten by small arms fire just b/c their ride got blowed up to early.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A BA List idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A BA List idea   A BA List idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A BA List idea
Page 1 of 1