Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Templar 1500Pt Army idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reaver
Nurgling on Antibiotics

Black Templar 1500Pt Army idea Empty
PostSubject: Black Templar 1500Pt Army idea   Black Templar 1500Pt Army idea Icon_minitime26th December 2009, 5:16 pm

Hello all, it's been several years since i left the world of warhammer 40K and looking to return in the near future. Looking at what is happening now and dusting off a few old models i'd like to carry on with my space marines however change to Black templar as i've read through the codex and their battle style i feel will be both enjoyable and challenging to master. Here is my first draft of what i think i'd like my 1500pt army to look like, any advice you have will be greatly recieved...

140pt - Emperor'r Champion with accept any challenge vow
153pt - Initiate x9 with chainsword, boltpistol and frag grenades
53pt - Rhino with smoke launchers.

140pt - Master of Sanctity with terminator armour and storm bolter
280pt - Assault terminator x7 (5 with lightning claws + 2 with thunder hammer and storm shield)
268pt - Land Raider Crusader with smoke launchers.

126pt - Inititate bike with melta gun x3
65pt - Attack bike with multi-melta.

105pt - Dreadnought

64pt - Initiate x4
26pt - Initiate with missile launcher
80pt - Razorback with pintle-mounted Storm bolter.
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

Black Templar 1500Pt Army idea Empty
PostSubject: Templar List   Black Templar 1500Pt Army idea Icon_minitime27th December 2009, 11:05 am

Greetings, I have toyed with Templars and to me it's all about initiates to benefit from the EC's vow. Nicely balanced list, BTW. Just a couple thoughts. IMO, I would drop the chap (since everyone gets PE anyway - litanies is redundant and unmatched zeal is meh). With those freed up points maybe get a drop pod for your dred, another termie and maybe shuffle points around to trade the razorback for a tact squad (you'll want to be moving 12" anyway to get to cc so shooting the TL HB dilutes your overall strategy). I love the fluff and aggressive nature of Templars. Good luck and welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down

Black Templar 1500Pt Army idea
Page 1 of 1