Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion   Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion Icon_minitime13th May 2010, 12:04 pm

hmm i won both my games pointwise...thats a tad frustrating
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion   Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion Icon_minitime13th May 2010, 2:07 pm

Just like in a tournament, though - There are 2 objectives. Someone else had a bigger win, or wiped out more of the opponent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion   Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion Icon_minitime13th May 2010, 3:49 pm

Well i beat the person who overtook me, and beat my opponent earlier in the week, but at a lesser margin so when they averaged out my second win was more like a loss even though i scored alot more points
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion   Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion Icon_minitime13th May 2010, 4:30 pm

Correct. Look at it this way:

If this were a tactical situation and you had done no damage to your enemy they would have come back after you managed to take a key objective.

Wiping an enemy out would have had a stronger effect.

From the rules agreed upon by everyone at the offset, to win the league you need to both win and crush your opponents. Only considering Win, Tie, Loss with 8 weeks of games would not have yielded a clear victor.

Also, recall that this league is and was structured in a manner to lead into a grand tournament. Hence its rules should be and are similar to the scoring you will see there.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion   Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion Icon_minitime13th May 2010, 5:19 pm

Oh and Finally, if you want to move up the leader board, challenge those who are ahead of you! The reduction of points hurts them while you gain. If you give them a loss, you technically will advance more than if you had handed someone below you a loss.

That means you probably need to challenge someone to play you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion   Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winning vs. Mulitple Ojectives Discussion
Page 1 of 1