Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

40k League

Go down 
+3
warhammerworld
Wildeyedjester
bdix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

40k League Empty
PostSubject: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 2:28 am

I dont know if this has been discussed before, but judging by the amount of interest and people who play 40k in the area, I think we should try and get some kind of league going. I'm not saying like hyper-agressive/competitive or anything, but I think it would be fun to have like stats over a season and be able to see progression as you adjust your tactics and army lists. I'm sure we could spark some interest in getting one of the local shops to host us one night if we made some kind of joining fee.

I would be willing to headup getting everything together once we got some people, but clearly I wouldnt be able to create the match setups or anything of actual game play nature, as I would want to play in it.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

40k League Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 9:53 am

A league is a great idea, and is a notion I have been toying with for a while. I would be interested in organizing a league here in the forums, possibly encompassing several venues including mulitple play locations, a little later on in the spring time if there was enough interest.

If anyone would be interested in participating in some sort of league with records placed here in the forum, this would be the place to let me know as much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids

40k League Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 12:13 pm

This would be a great way to lead into Patriot Games. Start the league, keep it going, and announce the winner at Patriot Games. Give a cool prize to the winner, or winners. TSE will gladly sponsor it, and I will open every Friday night for the league. I can run as many as 4 tables for the league to play on, and a 5th if necessary. You guys set the rules, and let me know what you want to do.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

40k League Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 12:21 pm

I'm definately in, and friday night at TSE sounds great for my schedule. I like jester's idea of including several venues, that way we could get more interest and probally include alot more people based solely on table space.
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

40k League Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 12:22 pm

By the way, I want to play, too, not just administer!
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

40k League Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 12:25 pm

I think it would be fine for people who play to come up with the setups, as long as the setups were completely neutral

-example being everyone plays everyone at some point in the season
Back to top Go down
JDScherrey
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
JDScherrey

40k League Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 5:02 pm

I would like to play but my schedule changes. I work every other weekend. If that would work I would be interested!

-Christopher
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

40k League Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 7:18 pm

I ran a small league out of B-ville last winter. We had ten players, pretty solid throughout.

I fully support and intend to play in any NWA 40k/Fantasy league formed.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

40k League Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 9:04 pm

I'm cool to play... anything to give me a little more variety than Nachos' guard day in and day out. Great player but I want something that can fight back when I punch it. Anyway, any day works for me pretty well except Friday and Saturday at the moment.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

40k League Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 10:31 pm

PhantomPhoenix wrote:
Great player but I want something that can fight back when I punch it.

Thirty guardsmen with lasguns and a Demon Prince. Who wins......go.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
bdix
bdix

40k League Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 11:22 pm

you should get those space marines involved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

40k League Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k League   40k League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40k League
Page 1 of 1