Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20

Go down 
+7
Fletch
bdix
Bigjewmike
Monkey
gamewizard
Wildeyedjester
littleboyblues
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th February 2010, 11:00 pm

K, one more question LBB. If I cast doom on an enemy, does my partner get to reroll his to wound rolls if he shoots/attacks them too? " All hits upon that unit gain a reroll to wound until the start of the next eldar turn"

The farseer is too expensive otherwise to take at 1k. Either way is fine - I just want to know before I finish my list!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th February 2010, 11:46 pm

when are the final lists due? will be at the door or tomorrow night?
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 12:39 am

I asked matt for you, yes doom will work for your teammate.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 6:21 am

Doom will work with team mate or anything for that matter. List are ok upon arrival. I'll skim over lists to see any glaring irregularities and if in the tournament its found your list was wrong by opponent you will be penalized. (hope that doesn't happen)

Everything is now ready and a go. Hope to see you there.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 7:23 pm

So, the wife went out of town, and I was considering riding with Big D down to Conway. Unfortunately, I lack a partner. Is there anyone out there who is still looking for someone with whom to play.? I run Space Wolves. I was considering going down simply for the ambiance, but then I remembered what said "ambiance" is actually like in a room full of gamers.

Anyways, any procrastinators who want to join me in being crushed by the slightly fractured lists that will undoubtedly be present?
Back to top Go down
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 8:26 pm

i know we have one player that could use a teammate at least thats what matt said if you have any questions or what not call/text my cell 5014254208
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th February 2010, 12:49 pm

G'luck to everyone today!
Back to top Go down
JDScherrey
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
JDScherrey

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st February 2010, 10:06 pm

How did it go?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th February 2010, 12:18 am

The tournament was a blast and Big D and I used it to test list theory for the Bolscon doubles tournament a little later on.

LBB did a great job organizing the event and running it. I think there were about 15 teams present. The scenarios were great for the team atmosphere. The tournament was a lot of fun and CGC is a good venue. They had plenty of elbow room and a mix of tables running from pretty good to those still being worked on. Again, CGC has A LOT of room to game in - I wish this place had been in Conway when I was at school there. I would have been broke and done much worse in school. Prize support and the trophies for the event were amazing, and well beyond anything Big D and I expected. The only weakness that I saw was the amount of GW merchandise in stock was very slim for you to use credit on.

As for the tournament, sadly, I think Will and I were sort of TFG at the event but we did pull off the win. We were expecting max pain from other lists as this is the third doubles tourney Will and I have played in... Up to this point our doubles Kunfu has not been strong enough against the liked of 6 dreadnought doubles lists and 2 ctan lists. I fielded 3 wraithlords, an avatar, a farseer, 10 wraith guard and a unit of bikes. Will fielded an all drop pod army of marines, some sternguard, a speeder, some scouts and an iron clad.

We were very surprised to see that the local Conway metagame consisted of almost no marine players but instead is replaced by a whole lot of IG. I was fielding a wraith wall and was expecting lascannon and powerfists, but instead there was none. This made the triple wraithlord list close to untouchable since if you are shooting them with meltas they are already too close and once they are hand to hand they can't be hurt until the enemy runs or dies. Let me stress that not a single army we faced had a lascannon to shoot at T8 wraithguard as they ran across the board, and the one marine army I faced had no powerfists in it. We were up against a lot of Valkyries and Chimeras but not ever a single vendetta! I faced zero plasma guns all day which surprised me since they are needed now against nids!
Back to top Go down
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th February 2010, 12:22 am

missed are list we had 2 vendettas around 6 plasma guns, a LR some LRBT. The meta around here is weird with most of the players in conway being new to the game and learning.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th February 2010, 12:26 am

Fletch wrote:
missed are list we had 2 vendettas around 6 plasma guns, a LR some LRBT. The meta around here is weird with most of the players in conway being new to the game and learning.

We were lucky on our draws. That would have burned some wraithlords down!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th February 2010, 12:44 am

Did you have a lash too? Lash can ruin a MC heavy lists day, as well! "sit, Wraithlord, Sit! Stay! Good boy!"

Will was under strict orders to eliminate any lash casters and vendettas as quickly as possible!
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th February 2010, 7:38 am

Sounds like it was a blast and you created a lot of "oh crap" moments for your opponents. Silly wraithlords. :)
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th February 2010, 11:31 am

I wish I could have paired jerm and will up against fletch and john. Overlord took care of the pairings though. As far as tournament style list both of your teams were the only ones there. Nothing against anyone else or there list of coarse. I think both of yall would have provided an outstanding game for each other. Instead fletches teams got necrons round 3 for the easy phase out and yall got no fist marines and chimera guard. Oh well. Well deserved win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2