Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20

Go down 
+7
Fletch
bdix
Bigjewmike
Monkey
gamewizard
Wildeyedjester
littleboyblues
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Empty
PostSubject: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime11th December 2009, 1:55 am

I do about 1 event a year generally. This year I really wanted to mix it up from the 1850 slap face of the normal tournament. I don't have all the details yet. Here's what I have so far.

2x2
Teams will consist of 2 players
Each will make a 1,000 point list. (you cannot exceed 1000 points even if your team mate is under)
Your list can be constructed from any printed official codex or blood angels from online. Nothing else. (you know the drill here)
Your list is not affected (effected?) by your teammates force org chart. You each have your own.

Tournament will be 3 rounds 2 to 2.5 hours a piece.
Haven't locked in a start time.. I'm trying to make it earlier so any out of towners can get home at a decent hour.

The missions will be written by me and play tested. My goal is to make everyone have a horrid experience can complain and bitch..... I mean... They'll be fun and won't try and nerf any certain armies or builds.

There will be no comp! (I only ask to please be mindful of your opponents. (AKA 2 c'tan, 2 monoliths blow))
There will be a paint score makeing 25% of the tourney score.
There will be a sports score making 25% of the tourney score.
There will be battle points making 50% of the tourney score.

If you do not have a partner don't let this discourage you. I will have a ringer army of 1,000 points of either Marines or Necrons and will either pair you up with another lone man out or team up with you myself if need be.

Awards (none of these are 100% locked in as of yet but pretty sure fire)
Also all Awards are based on the team not individuals.
A combination of Trophies and certificates will be given out as well as in store credit at the Conway story.

High Lords (most points in all categories)
Face Beaters (most battle points)
Pacifists (best sports)
Paint Servitors (best painted team)
Story Tellers (most fluffiest or story driven team) WARNING !!!!!! SUBJECTIVE!!!! affraid affraid affraid

Thats about all I got for now.
If you have any questions just ask.
I'll update this as I find out more information.

Hope to seem some hogs down there!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime11th December 2009, 9:38 am

I like the sounds of this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime11th December 2009, 4:00 pm

I'm not sure if I would want to team up with a guy who has chaos babies painted on the side of his transports. I mean, how demented can you get? Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_evil

Man, I wish I:

1) Had an army painted and had played more than one or two times.

2) Had the time to get away from here so i could partake.

This sounds like it will be a great tournament!
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime12th December 2009, 2:07 pm

First, it is "affected" because it is a verb. The verb "effect" means to cause to come into being. To affect something is essentially to have an effect upon it. This is what happens when you cobble your language together from the detritus of whoever has conquered you.
Now, with the English teacher crap out of the way, I can attest to the @$$hattedness of 2 C'tan/2 monoliths list, having had my rear handed to me by such a list in the doubles tournament at the Waaagh.

Other than that, I really enjoy the doubles games as they bring a whole new aspect to the game and force you to deal with some brutal combos. I really like the idea of having an entire tournament built around it.

Later,
Monkey
Back to top Go down
Bigjewmike
Space Marine Scout lost in the woods
Bigjewmike

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime13th December 2009, 7:56 pm

It sounds like a fun concept, and if I am still in town that weekend I would consider coming down to play. I might even drag Gamewizard with me.

SO FINISH PAINTING!
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime14th December 2009, 1:54 am

Ok, you slave driver! Space Marines all day tomorrow! They will be painted and in a case before you can sneeze a Kosher pickle out your nose!
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Bigjewmike
Space Marine Scout lost in the woods
Bigjewmike

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime14th December 2009, 2:27 am

WORK FASTER!
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime29th December 2009, 7:03 pm

Okay! Just a quick update. The store owner where I'm hosting this has just moved into a bigger location. There will no longer be a cap on the amount of players that can attend. GW will be sending product support for the event. I don't know what this entails just yet. It will be advertised in either the jan or feb white dwarf as well as listed on the gw website. I'll update more as it comes in. Thanks
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime31st December 2009, 5:27 am

GW is throwing in 150 bucks on top of the prize support provided by the entry fees! cha ching! Hope to see you guys there.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime31st January 2010, 9:39 pm

this sounds interesting and I will be heading near conway that time anyway.

Anyone considering playing who doesnt have a teammate? I have Tau and would be willing to drive anyone who wanted to go
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime3rd February 2010, 2:24 am

I got a hold of one of my friends in Conway and he should be registering us for this tourney. The offer still stands for anyone who needs a ride down there
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime16th February 2010, 8:58 pm

Any more info on this one LBB?

Is the tournament still on for this coming weekend and what time is it starting?

How much is the entry fee?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime17th February 2010, 12:17 am

Another question. Does one force in a team affect the other partners forces? Does Vulkan twin link flamers in an allied army? Just curious - I'm assuming no.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime17th February 2010, 2:06 am

Who else is playing in this tournement from NWA?
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime17th February 2010, 10:05 am

http://www.conwaygaming.com/forums/index.php?topic=146.0 has all the info and i believe its 15 per person.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime17th February 2010, 10:20 am

It is most definitely on! No Vulcan cannot effect your team mate. As well as chaos icons cannot effect your teammates demons or chaos marines or any such thing. It is 15 a person so 30 per team. Registration opens at 9 and Tournament will start at 10 am with the usual 2 hour rounds lunch after first round. That puts it over at 5 for the last dice dropped and then prolly around 6 to 6:30 as sometimes things run late for clean up and award ceremony.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime17th February 2010, 10:21 am

I hope to be seeing some HoW down here or just some NW Arkansas cats in general. I plan on this being fun... or else!
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime17th February 2010, 3:32 pm

Jester and I are going to be heading down on Saturday to play.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime18th February 2010, 10:16 am

Sweet Beans! I'm getting the trophies made today. All missions are written up. Going to the store later to set up boards and terrain.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime18th February 2010, 10:21 am

Conway Gaming Center
2455 Washington Ave Suite 104 & 105
Conway, AR USA 72032
501-513-6936
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime18th February 2010, 11:00 pm

K, one more question LBB. If I cast doom on an enemy, does my partner get to reroll his to wound rolls if he shoots/attacks them too? " All hits upon that unit gain a reroll to wound until the start of the next eldar turn"

The farseer is too expensive otherwise to take at 1k. Either way is fine - I just want to know before I finish my list!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime18th February 2010, 11:46 pm

when are the final lists due? will be at the door or tomorrow night?
Back to top Go down
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 12:39 am

I asked matt for you, yes doom will work for your teammate.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 6:21 am

Doom will work with team mate or anything for that matter. List are ok upon arrival. I'll skim over lists to see any glaring irregularities and if in the tournament its found your list was wrong by opponent you will be penalized. (hope that doesn't happen)

Everything is now ready and a go. Hope to see you there.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 7:23 pm

So, the wife went out of town, and I was considering riding with Big D down to Conway. Unfortunately, I lack a partner. Is there anyone out there who is still looking for someone with whom to play.? I run Space Wolves. I was considering going down simply for the ambiance, but then I remembered what said "ambiance" is actually like in a room full of gamers.

Anyways, any procrastinators who want to join me in being crushed by the slightly fractured lists that will undoubtedly be present?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20   Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Tournament, Conway AR, Feb 20
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next