Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get Ready For Project Drake Con!

Go down 
+8
bdix
gamewizard
Fulminata
capnwoodrow
Wildeyedjester
bsimon
littleboyblues
Clockwork Gecko
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Clockwork Gecko
Flashlight toting Guardsman

Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Empty
PostSubject: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime3rd December 2009, 11:32 pm

Hello everyone!

This is a heads up teaser for something really big, and really cool coming to Northwest Arkansas on February 5th and 6th!

Project DrakeCon-An independent Anime and Gaming convention.

www.drakecon.com

As it says in the name, it is a gaming convention, and there will be Warhammer Fantasy and 40k! As well as a lot of other cool games and gaming related events!

Much is still in development, and many connected with this site and in the community will be contacted in the coming week. As head of tabletop gaming I want to involve the entire NW Arkansas Warhammer community with this event, and welcome everyone to come and join us.

Anyone who is interested in helping out, sponsoring, or would like some more information on what to expect, please PM me or post in this thread. As things come together I will post them here to keep you up to date.

Stay tuned, the ride has only begun.

Ford here signing out

----End Of Line----
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime7th December 2009, 3:46 pm

I checked out the website. Anyone have any idea what the 40k tournament rules are or who its ran by?
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime7th December 2009, 4:24 pm

Website's not responding. I would be interested in any details on the Fantasy or 40k side.
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime9th December 2009, 12:25 am

The website is up and running!
You probably caught it during an update Brent. I was having trouble accessing it as well.

Current set tournament information (subject to change):

Cost:$25 membership to the convention
(This allows you to play in one or both tournaments, full access to the con, and all con events for 2 days)

One 3 Round GW Scenario Tournament for Fantasy
-2500 Points
-Special Character Allowed

One 3 Round GW Scenario Tournament for 40K
-2000 Points
-Special Characters Allowed

Restrictions-
-All armies must at least be basecoated
-All figures must represent the units they are a part of. I.E. No Unicorns representing Leman Russ tanks. I think everyone here knows the drill. Smile

I should have full details in regards to everything in the way of all DrakeCon GW events in the coming weeks.
There is a lot in regards that is still in negotiation and being worked out at this time. This also includes who individually, organizationally, or otherwise are involved in running events, including DrakeCon Gaming proper.
I am afraid I can't give away much as of yet, however rest assured all will be revealed in full. Sorry to be vague guys but I don't want to jump the gun here till all is finally set. Got some good things in the works. Wink
All final information will be posted here, and at the DrakeCon site.

As I said before, the GW events at Drake Con are designed to for the entire NW Arkansas GW gaming community at large. I want to make it open for everyone involved in GW gaming here in NW Arkansas to be a part of this.
If anyone wants to contribute, offer support, has further questions, or has suggestions, please feel free to send me a PM if I don't get to you first!

This is for you guys! Smile

----End Of Line----
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime9th December 2009, 1:05 pm

That's a whole lot of "negotiation/ discussion/ under development" for a tournament 2 months away...
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime9th December 2009, 2:19 pm

True. However all will be in place sooner than you think. Wink
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime15th December 2009, 10:48 pm

A Bump and heads up!

Expect everything to unfold tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime17th December 2009, 5:26 pm

Clockwork Gecko wrote:

Expect everything to unfold tomorrow!

?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime17th December 2009, 7:21 pm

Looking at their site, the "Games list to be updated this week" went from Nov.15 to Dec.8 to "after the new year".

Out of curiosity, are there ANY details on the actual tournament that can be released? Like:
Is there a local store assisting?
Will there be real terrain?
What size boards?

Or is that more "coming soon"?
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime17th December 2009, 8:34 pm

Ok guys. Sorry for the delay. I've had a few things come up that needed attending to.

FYI all final schedules for games and gaming related events for DrakeCon will be up on the website in full after the new year. Anything game related that is up on any sort of scheduling is currently tentative and will most likely change.

Now for the big announcement! There have been a few changes due to suggestions and discussions.

Project DrakeCon 2010 will be running several Games Workshop related events as part of their gaming track:

1. The Project DrakeCon Northwest Arkansas Regional Warhammer 40,000 Tournament.

Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (with break for lunch at 11 AM)
Run By: DrakeCon Gaming
Tournament Support By: DrakeCon Gaming, Games Workshop, and Hobbytown USA
Description: This is a Games Workshop supported event. 3 round GW scenario based tournament with additional event specific surprises. Army Composition and Sportsmanship will be judged.
Tournament Rounds: 2 hour time limit.
Army Size:2000 Points. Special Characters will be allowed.

Prizes: 1st Place-$90 gift certificate
2nd Place-$35 gift certificate
3rd Place-$15 gift certificate
Other Prizes to be listed.

2. The Project DrakeCon Northwest Arkansas Regional Warhammer Fantasy Skirmish

Time: 5PM-11PM (with break for dinner at 7 PM)
Run By: DrakeCon Gaming
Tournament Supported By: DrakeConGaming, Games Workshop, and Hobbytown USA
Description: This is a Games Workshop supported event. 3 round GW scenario based tournament with additional event specific surprises.
Tournament Rounds: 1 hour 30 Minute time limit.
Army Size: 1800 Points

Prizes: 1st Place-$90 gift certificate
2nd Place-$35 gift certificate
3rd Place-$15 gift certificate
Other Prizes to be listed.

NOTE:For both tournaments.
-All armies must at least be basecoated.
-All units must be made up of figures (either GW or other company) that reasonably reflect the unit they represent.
-All gift certificate prizes may be redeemed at the Hobbytown USA booth at DrakeCon.
-"Surprises" reflect random and special events that occur during any given round of a game. They can be anything from factors that come into play in the game, to winning a prize. In short expect the unexpected.

3. Warhammer Fantasy RPG-Second Edition
Time: Tentatively Friday Evening
Length: 4 hours
Description: Journey through the dark heart of The Empire in the aftermath of the war with Chaos.
Gamemaster: Scotsman

4.Warnhammer 40,000-Dark Heresy RPG
Time: Tentatively Saturday Afternoon after 4PM
Length:4 Hours
Description: In the service of The Inquisition, bring the enemies of The Imperium to justice!
Gamemaster: Scotsman

NEW DEVELOPMENTS!
DrakeCon Gaming is in negotiations to have some great demos of Warhammer Fantasy, and Warhammer 40,000 run throughout the con! If you ever wanted to get into either game, now is you chance to check them out and give them a try! Further information in regards to this development to come shortly!

We are always looking for support!
If anyone wants to help out and/or contribute to the listed events, please contact me. All support is gladly accepted.
If anyone wants to run a game of their own, be it GW based or otherwise, please let me know, as of now we still have much room.
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime17th December 2009, 9:16 pm

bsimon wrote:
Looking at their site, the "Games list to be updated this week" went from Nov.15 to Dec.8 to "after the new year".

Out of curiosity, are there ANY details on the actual tournament that can be released? Like:
Is there a local store assisting?
Will there be real terrain?
What size boards?

Or is that more "coming soon"?

To answer your questions:

-The official word: Any and all gaming event schedules will be officially and publicly posted after the New Year.
Anything that is "currently up" will be switched out with full and accurate information. Anything that has been listed so far under events is more of a placeholder preview and not the final deal nor representing any one aspect of gaming.
All announced GW events here on the Hogs forum are official, subject to change and addition (though highly unlikely in a way that effects their essence), will be a part of the final gaming schedule, and posted with all other gaming events on the DrakeCon website after the New Year.

-Yes we have one local store assisting in events, with at least another on the way to support other events. When all is said and set up, I expect many stores in NW Arkansas to be a part of gaming at DrakeCon. GW and otherwise.

-The boards for the tournaments will be standard size used at the shops. We will of course have terrain. If you want to help contribute in the way of tables, terrain and boards please let me know. The more we have on hand to ensure a set up with a good playing area the better!
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime17th December 2009, 9:55 pm

bsimon wrote:

What size boards?

I lol'd
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime17th December 2009, 9:57 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
bsimon wrote:

What size boards?

I lol'd

Why? The board at Hobbytown I swear is 4'*4'. =)
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime17th December 2009, 10:33 pm

All the playing surfaces for the GW tournaments at DrakeCon will be greater than 4'X4' and will be exact or equivalant to the size of tables used at every gaming store in the area/region for tournaments and general play. Which means they will conform to the needs to run an effective game at the assigned point values and perhaps then some. They will be fully furnished with terrain and everything else needed to play the game, save for what the players themselves bring to the table.
We at DrakeCon gaming are going to make sure all is set up right to play some wicked games of 40K and Fantasy. Wink

Again, anyone who wants to help out in putting together the boards for the convention, please send me a PM. All help is most appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime5th January 2010, 6:31 pm

A bump and a heads up!

There will be big announcements in regards to Drake Con Gaming, Warhammer and otherwise coming soon, along with our gaming guest of honor (and yes he is a big name in the gaming industry)! Stay tuned folks!

In the meantime if you want to get in on the action please PM me! As of this writing we still have lots of space available for people who want to run any kind of game demo, full games, and hobby related events of all kinds at Drake Con. Even if it's your Saturday D&D group and you are looking for a change of pace for one day, we want you!
Have any ideas for something? Send them my way as well.

Catch you guys soon!
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime18th January 2010, 2:36 pm

When was that update coming?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime18th January 2010, 4:12 pm

Looks like the website has been updated to include a schedule and a list of guests. Looks like a lot of anime/steampunk music folks.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime18th January 2010, 5:59 pm

Unless I'm missing something there doesn't seem to be much gaming at this "gaming and anime" convention. It looks like there's four events early Friday afternoon dealing with miniatures and that's pretty much it. Maybe there's a separate schedule of games being run somewhere, but I couldn't find it on the site.

There is a lot of anime related stuff, but I'm too old for most of the events described. Also, while I'm a fan of Something Positive, I don't think I'm a big enough fan just to show up to meet Clarine Harp :-P

I hope these guys do OK, but if there is more gaming, then it's a little late to be talking about it. There's less than three weeks until the con, which isn't enough time for most people to make plans.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Clockwork Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime18th January 2010, 10:01 pm

Hey everyone! First off sorry for the continued delays. I've been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest here. This is a lot of the reason I've not been responsive has been due to the fact that I am having to deal with a lot of "down to the wire" stuff, and a lot of inter-con dealings which sadly have been taking up a lot of time. I'm not in the business of making excuses, however I owe it to you guys to keep you up on what's happening. Yes this is last minute stuff, and I personally wish it wasn't. However I am working with what I have here. I am not personally happy with the 11th hour changes, however I would rather do it this way, and do it right than reserve to not have anything go on at all. I realize for some of you this is an inconvenience, and on my part I realize this and apologize. This convention is a convention of firsts and it's something that's had to be dealt with. I realize there hasn't been much up on the Drake Con website in the way of gaming, and it looks like not much is happening. This is quite the contrary!

Now for the updates as promised!

-To clarify, the "Gaming Schedule" under the events at Drake Con is not representative of gaming as a whole! First off it's going to be revised as of tomorrow morning. Secondly the events listed on this schedule are for the gaming related panels and workshops. What will be up tomorrow will be official. We are also going to have some space for a few more panels/workshops on Friday. Anyone who is interested in doing a presentation or workshop, please let me know within the next few days and I will get back.

-Gaming Events! We will have a full and changing schedule of the gaming events up on the Drake Con website. This includes all demonstrations, RPG events, LARP events, wargaming, tournaments, etc. We are ironing the last few kinks out of the system as I type this. As soon as it is ready to go I will post it. I'm hoping will have it up and running by tomorrow pending Imperial entanglements.
In the meantime we still have a lot of space for games! Anyone who is interested in running a game or a gaming demo, please contact me ASAP! We are still looking for people to run. Please pass the word! The more people we have running things, the more things we will have for people to participate in.
There will be a full and up to date gaming schedule in print available the day of the convention to reflect any last minute additionsand changes. Till then I will post when we have changes come up.
Anyone who registers to be a GM, supporter, or presenter who works 8 hours for the entire weekend will get a badge to the convention. See me for more info.

-The Warhammer Fantasy and 40K Tournaments are on as scheduled here. They will be in the full schedule with everything else. If there are any updates I will post them.

-I want to take a bit of time to announce that we will be having T-Shirt Explosion on hand to run demos of Warhammer Fantasy, and Warhammer 40000. If you've ever wanted to learn to play either game, this is your chance to learn the games.

-On Friday night at 6PM we will be having our huge Epic-Rules Munchkin tournament! There will be prizes and mayhem!

-Now for the big announcement! I would like to announce our gaming guest of honor Mr. John Wick, creator of "Legend Of The Five Rings", and creator and head promoter for "Houses Of The Blooded". We will have a full writeup in he guests section of the website within the next few days. I highly encourage everyone to come and meet John and get to know one of the most interesting people in the gaming industry!

That's about it for now, please feel free to send me any inquiries, questions, and everything else to me here via PM, or to my email at harlequinn42@hotmail.com
If you are interested in getting the word out about DrakeCon in general, I have a ton of fliers. Drop me a line and I'll bring them out to you.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime19th January 2010, 8:12 pm

Castle House Games will not be able to be represented because February 6th is the release date for Worldwake. That weekend, starting February 5th, will be unbelievably busy at CHG.

CHG is all-inclusive gaming store and our involvement in all gaming related events require our full attention at the store.

My apologies to the organizers for the apparent lack of interest on the part of the staff at CHG, but our attention is required at CHG for that weekend.

Also, our needs for the Worldwake event require our full amount of resources that we have available at the shop so we are unable to support this event with any sort of supplies.

The staff and owners of CHG wishes luck to the event and organizers of the DrakeCon event.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime21st January 2010, 4:27 pm

how do you register for the 40k event?
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime22nd January 2010, 3:05 am

Signup for both tournaments is going to be on site at the gaming room on a first come, first serve basis. We are currently looking at 32 slots available. Signup for both events starts at 9AM after admissions opens up, with the 40K tourney starting promptly as soon as all slots are full, or 10AM rolls around, whichever comes first.
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime22nd January 2010, 3:11 am

Thank you very much for your good words of support! We at DrakeCon gaming realize the situation and understand. Despite not being able to have a presence, we will do all that we can to support and promote CHG
at DrakeCon and hopefully send some new gamers your way. We are all about community and store support!
Good luck with your events as well.

gamewizard wrote:
Castle House Games will not be able to be represented because February 6th is the release date for Worldwake. That weekend, starting February 5th, will be unbelievably busy at CHG.

CHG is all-inclusive gaming store and our involvement in all gaming related events require our full attention at the store.

My apologies to the organizers for the apparent lack of interest on the part of the staff at CHG, but our attention is required at CHG for that weekend.

Also, our needs for the Worldwake event require our full amount of resources that we have available at the shop so we are unable to support this event with any sort of supplies.

The staff and owners of CHG wishes luck to the event and organizers of the DrakeCon event.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime22nd January 2010, 9:45 am

Anything on scoring?

I know that I am worried about spending $25 for a pass and not making the first come first served list, since there's almost nothing else at the con I'd do.
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime25th January 2010, 6:54 pm

Ok guys! A bump and an update for everyone!

The current schedule of games is posted on the Drake Con Forums. This schedule is going to change and be added to as we confirm events and games coming in. We are getting a lot of interest in what we are doing so expect things to change.
The current gaming panels for Drake Con have been revised and are on the website and on the forums with the schedule. Everything is up to date and accurate as of this writing.
We are also looking for people who want to run games! If you or someone you know wants to run a game, please PM me for more info. There are percs for GM's. Wink
If there is something you would like to see that is not there, and more importantly you know someone who can run it, send me a PM.

A few people have asked about scoring at the Fantasy and 40k tournaments.

We will be doing standard GW style scoring that has been used before at the HobbyTown and other tournaments. The only thing we will not be scoring at the 40K tourney is painting.

For the sake of time and the size of the game, we will not be scoring comp, painting, or sportsmanship for the Fantasy tournament. The Fantasy tournament is meant to be a tournament geared to help beginners out while providing everyone with a chance to play. It's going to be scored via straight game results.

Hope to see you guys out there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get Ready For Project Drake Con!   Get Ready For Project Drake Con! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get Ready For Project Drake Con!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next