Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Indy GT in LR

Go down 
+10
Sweet E
ares
bdix
Fethos
Wildeyedjester
MonkeyMan
Darkhorse
Dannato
capnwoodrow
littleboyblues
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Darkhorse
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor

Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime2nd July 2011, 6:30 pm

I still think it's important to represent NW Arkansas at this tournament. It will still be fun and the beer, cold.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime3rd July 2011, 1:20 am

Just to wrap my head around this, the following army is max comp:

Runesmith, Rune of Balance, Scroll, +1 armor, shield
Thane, BSB, Rune of Brotherhood, M. Rune Challence, +1 armor, Flaming sword, shield

99 Rangers, Longbeards, GW, Command, M. Rune Grungni
19 Warriors, Shields, Command

20 Miners, Command, Steam Drill
-------

100 scouting Rangers, Steadfast (almost assuredly), making you charge them or flee, S6 T4 WS5, probably 10*10 for potentially 33 attacks back.
A block of antimagic tucked back far away (d6+3, vs your 2d6-1 dice)
2 units of support coming in with rerolls.

I guess pray for the #6 spells?
Back to top Go down
Darkhorse

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime3rd July 2011, 4:08 pm

Wow
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th July 2011, 6:00 pm

bsimon wrote:
Just to wrap my head around this, the following army is max comp:

Runesmith, Rune of Balance, Scroll, +1 armor, shield
Thane, BSB, Rune of Brotherhood, M. Rune Challence, +1 armor, Flaming sword, shield

99 Rangers, Longbeards, GW, Command, M. Rune Grungni
19 Warriors, Shields, Command

-------

100 scouting Rangers, Steadfast (almost assuredly), making you charge them or flee, S6 T4 WS5, probably 10*10 for potentially 33 attacks back.
A block of antimagic tucked back far away (d6+3, vs your 2d6-1 dice)
2 units of support coming in with rerolls.

I guess pray for the #6 spells?

Twisted Evil

Yes this is why comp is stupid at larger tournaments. The only comp system that works is the new Zealand and aussie Masters. That system is far to time comsuming to do with a 40+ ppl tournament though.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th July 2011, 6:05 pm

Link to the Aussie system?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th July 2011, 3:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvSTWqnLo5E

The only reason this system works so well is because its the masters. So everyone there pretty much ended up in the top 3 at a GT in NZ. So all the players understand the top tiered armies and such. Also if you get a total D bag it can be maintained through it being averaged. The Aussies use the same system for their Masters.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th July 2011, 3:35 pm

I just noticed this was scheduled on Ard Boyz... ugh I probably won't even go.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th July 2011, 10:14 pm

The only problem this comp system nets for me is demonstrated by the lizardman list.

"Hey I made concessions!"
"Don't care, ur lizardmans. -2 comp."
Back to top Go down
RockWars
Flashlight toting Guardsman
RockWars

PostSubject: Much Appreciated   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th July 2011, 11:58 am

Gentlemen,

Just wanted to chime in and let you all know that we are doing everything we can to provide a great tournament here in Little Rock and we appreciate any and all criticisms and feed back you wish to give. When we started talking about RockWars, just over a year ago, we started thinking through comp, sports, painting, battle points etc... Nothing caused us more grief than the comp/sports system we would use, and we quickly realized that nothing (short of the Aussie/NZ system, that LBB was correct is simply too time consuming for this scale of tournemnt) was perfect or honestly unbiased/fair to everyone. What we did decide is that we would do everything we could to make RockWars a great tournament that focused as much on all aspects of Warhammer as it did on winning games, and so what you guys see is our first attempt at that. Our comp system, albeit imperfect, is something we felt would help in balancing out armies in a couple ways: first by giving a paper comp that anyone can follow and determine exactly how many points you want to get or not get; second by putting part of your comp in your opponents hands and his in yours, so that even those 100% comp dwarf lists like Mr. Simon posted will have a check and balance; and third because in the event someone completely "dog balls" their opponent we will be right there trying to determine why a player who had perfect comp/sports from his opponents suddenly had a nasty army and became an A-hole.

All we can ask is for you guys to come have a great weekend playing Warhammer and give us your feedback at the end. If comp totally blew then we will change it, if you hated the scenarios we will change them, if you don't like having the Johnson Brothers as Rules Judges then out they go. Hope to see most of you guys there, feel free to contact me off the website if you have any further questions/concerns.

BTW, I will change the wording on the Player Based comp so that someone not familiar with Star Wars will completely understand. As always the suggestions are appreciated.

Hayne Begley
Organizer
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th July 2011, 12:25 pm

Thanks for the post Hayne, and while I personally don't believe in paper comp as it has shown over the years to be extremely unreliable. I have no problems playing by the rules you have set down. If I want to come into your house to play, I have to abide by your rules, like them or not. I look forward to seeing you in September and hope that we will have a good contingent coming from NWA. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th July 2011, 1:05 pm

Honestly, the biggest issue I have (that, granted, won't change what or if I play) is that comp is soooo heavily weighted. You have best General, best Paint, and best Sports; why not add best Comp and separate that out? As it stands, I fully expect an army going 3-0-2 or 4-1-1 to get best General via strong comp scores under the following conditions:
28+ paper comp (Dwarves, possibly some Lizardmen or Warriors of Chaos builds; anything with strong infantry capable of hording as needed).
No visible gotchas (Anvil, for instance)

Under those conditions, most people will not dock an opponent's comp. And player judged comp is binary (trinary at best). I can't recall the last time I got less than a 3 in comp with tweaked out demons (past the 1 opponent per tournament who will give you a 1 for bringing demons). Couple that with opponents like the Jason or Alan who go "well, you brought an army, here's your 5". Under those conditions, the extra 15 comp you get off paper vs. a middle of the road list will push an army that didn't win everything over the top. That, and player judged comp comes down so often to a double-sports hit that it's often trivial. I recall the last Little Rock tournament I attended (warmup for the last Memphis one maybe?) where I played Jason, Cody, and Alan and ended up with 12/15, and Jason actually asked me to clip his Brettonians because the rules said to maximize all models. Conversely, Matt, who is not as outspoken as I am at times, got something like 4/15, playing an army that wasn't as broken as mine. It came down to him getting 0'd for winning. Conversely, I know I almost always give out 5s regardless of what I see across from me.

I guess my net thoughts are that scored systems of comp are overall a bad idea. IMO, I'd just toss out lists you thought were abusive and send back, and not worry about the rest.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th September 2011, 9:29 pm

Results will go up shortly i'm sure, but in the meantime:

1st Overall: Aaron Chapman - Dwarves
2nd Ovr: Greg Harris - Daemons of Chaos
3rd Ovr: Shane - Warriors of Chaos

Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th September 2011, 3:56 am

Is that our Angry Shane taking 3rd? Good job!
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th September 2011, 8:26 am

Verminlord wrote:
Is that our Angry Shane taking 3rd? Good job!

Attaboy Shane! That's what we're talking about!
Back to top Go down
RockWars
Flashlight toting Guardsman
RockWars

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th September 2011, 11:29 am

Just wanted to say thank you to the NWA guys who came down and supported Rock Wars this year, I hope you had as much fun as we did. Can't wait till next year and we are already thinking through how to make it bigger and better.

Congratulations to :
ANGRY Shane Pegram: 3rd overall
Matt Farrar: 1st painting

results are up www.rockwarsgt.com

thanks again,
Hayne
Back to top Go down
Darkhorse
Darkhorse

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th September 2011, 12:27 pm

Great event that I will attend next year! Thanks for the hard work guys.Maybe we can get more representation from NWA. By the way, I'm frenzied, not angry. Blood for the Blood Gods!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Indy GT in LR
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2