Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Indy GT in LR

Go down 
+10
Sweet E
ares
bdix
Fethos
Wildeyedjester
MonkeyMan
Darkhorse
Dannato
capnwoodrow
littleboyblues
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Fantasy Indy GT in LR Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime28th March 2011, 1:21 pm

Fantasy Indy GT in Little rock.

Info here.
http://rockwarsgt.com/Home_Page.html
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime28th March 2011, 6:41 pm

When is it? Didn't see a date...
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime28th March 2011, 9:53 pm

I noticed that as well. I think its in Sept,Oct, or Nov. I'll text the guy running it and find out tonight and tell him to update the website.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime28th March 2011, 11:20 pm

I believe Hayne said it was sept 17th.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime29th March 2011, 7:15 am

I'm down. Assuming nothing comes up between now and then.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime28th May 2011, 8:12 pm

Any interest in this? I'm not 100% when my WoC will be done...so i'd need to plan on bringing another army. We could split cost/expense and board down there.

Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime28th May 2011, 9:16 pm

Capn your army will be done by then so don't worry about that. And assuming I'm still living where I am now any Hogs that I've met before can crash on my couch if cost is an issue. I only live 30 min away from the venue.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime28th May 2011, 9:40 pm

Are you going LBB?

I was talking about it w/ Shane earlier about driving down. I don't mind losing 5 games of WFB - no matter the venue!
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime29th May 2011, 1:58 am

Yea I'm going. I'm leaning more and more towards fantasy everyday. The CAWS guys are running it. Most of them are pretty pro people. It should be ran well and I'm happy to finally have a GT level event in my neck of the woods.

Think you'll loose all 5 games? I bet you can win at least 1!

(you'll need some chaos spawn to make it happen though...)
Back to top Go down
Darkhorse
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
Darkhorse

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime29th May 2011, 12:49 pm

I am planning on going.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime13th June 2011, 7:10 am

Uff, maybe not. I just found their comp page. My list is currently 15/30 on paper comp and I think it's still player based after that.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime13th June 2011, 11:30 am

I will be there..... Probably
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime13th June 2011, 12:08 pm

My list scores ten points in comp. I in no way will understand fantasy well enough to get a comp of ten.

This is a perfect example of why paper comp doesn't work either. I think the in your face turn one dwarf list LBB posted scores better than my poor attempt at empire. What several of you said was fair and not the worst I could bring.

I would like to play but agree w cap'n. That's kind of a turn off
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime13th June 2011, 12:20 pm

I agree, paper comp is usually a bad thing. In fantasy it favors a couple armies (warriors and lizards), and totally screws others (all undead, most elves). My chaos warrior army would score a 28, and it is not a nice list. Having said that, when is the latest someone can register?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime13th June 2011, 12:55 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
My list scores ten points in comp. I in no way will understand fantasy well enough to get a comp of ten.

This is a perfect example of why paper comp doesn't work either. I think the in your face turn one dwarf list LBB posted scores better than my poor attempt at empire. What several of you said was fair and not the worst I could bring.

I would like to play but agree w cap'n. That's kind of a turn off

And the worst part is that it's 50% paper comp. So even if you build a list to the comp, you opponent's are still 50% responsible for your final comp score. Also all of their questions are weird, star wars related quotes as opposed to just being "mark one to five." What if my opponent doesnt know the Death Star is harder comp than bullseyeing womprats in my T16 back home?

I'll probably still go, I want to support in state events as much as possible - but I just had to laugh about a guy with 9 games of 8th Ed on my belt getting 1/4th of total comp out of the gate.

@fethos looks like they are taking lists 'early' through august, so you'd at least have through then.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime13th June 2011, 1:33 pm

I actually agree with most of you. check list comp is silly. The people that are hard core out for blood will change their list or army to still be spot on hard and nasty. Adding a check list comp just changes what is a 'good list' it doesn't really prevent them. My balanced all comers list that I'll probably be bringing is 18 out of 30 points. The star wars thing is neat but I agree they need to have something telling you what that means in game.

Something silly about star wars and how hard the list was. (this list was created for the sole purpose of crushing everything.)

The guy running it is a nice enough guy and he's played in a fair amount of GT's for fantasy. This is the first time hes ever ran a GT event though. I'm sure even the first adepticon wasn't what it is now. So the best we can do is just go to it and offer constructive criticisms to hopefully make the event better if it continues. If criticisms are taken and applied then it will keep getting better if not then just stop going. I'd probably go to it even if it was the suck just because it close.

At the end of the day I don't really agree with the comp but I'll be going to throw dice drink beer hanging out with friends and hopefully win some games.

I'll also be changing my list a bit to hopefully nudge up above 20 in comp if I can get the models painted in time.

I'll hope to see at least some of you there.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime13th June 2011, 1:53 pm

I'd go if there were good beer specials and with the goal of finishing bottom 3.
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime13th June 2011, 5:45 pm

The comp is rough. I didn't think that the army lists at Shiloh were particularlly hard this year, but up against the paper comp the average from all the lists comes in at 12.68 out of 30.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime13th June 2011, 7:12 pm

Seems like Dwarves could get away with murder here. Gen + smith, ton of GW warriors, quarrelers, longbeards, 3 machines, single gyro, and no thunderstompers.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime13th June 2011, 8:39 pm

I pulled out a high elf list I haven't even tried before because I considered it pretty low quality and it scored a 12. The only reason it got that high was because it had nothing with thunderstomp. I just don't understand how this paper comp will drive the game to be more fun and balanced. High Elves are an army that are supposed to run multiple specials and rares..... it says so in the codex, but you are penalized for it. I guess I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Darkhorse
Darkhorse

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime2nd July 2011, 6:30 pm

I still think it's important to represent NW Arkansas at this tournament. It will still be fun and the beer, cold.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime3rd July 2011, 1:20 am

Just to wrap my head around this, the following army is max comp:

Runesmith, Rune of Balance, Scroll, +1 armor, shield
Thane, BSB, Rune of Brotherhood, M. Rune Challence, +1 armor, Flaming sword, shield

99 Rangers, Longbeards, GW, Command, M. Rune Grungni
19 Warriors, Shields, Command

20 Miners, Command, Steam Drill
-------

100 scouting Rangers, Steadfast (almost assuredly), making you charge them or flee, S6 T4 WS5, probably 10*10 for potentially 33 attacks back.
A block of antimagic tucked back far away (d6+3, vs your 2d6-1 dice)
2 units of support coming in with rerolls.

I guess pray for the #6 spells?
Back to top Go down
Darkhorse
Darkhorse

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime3rd July 2011, 4:08 pm

Wow
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime5th July 2011, 6:00 pm

bsimon wrote:
Just to wrap my head around this, the following army is max comp:

Runesmith, Rune of Balance, Scroll, +1 armor, shield
Thane, BSB, Rune of Brotherhood, M. Rune Challence, +1 armor, Flaming sword, shield

99 Rangers, Longbeards, GW, Command, M. Rune Grungni
19 Warriors, Shields, Command

-------

100 scouting Rangers, Steadfast (almost assuredly), making you charge them or flee, S6 T4 WS5, probably 10*10 for potentially 33 attacks back.
A block of antimagic tucked back far away (d6+3, vs your 2d6-1 dice)
2 units of support coming in with rerolls.

I guess pray for the #6 spells?

Twisted Evil

Yes this is why comp is stupid at larger tournaments. The only comp system that works is the new Zealand and aussie Masters. That system is far to time comsuming to do with a 40+ ppl tournament though.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime5th July 2011, 6:05 pm

Link to the Aussie system?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Indy GT in LR   Fantasy Indy GT in LR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Indy GT in LR
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next