Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eldar Wraith Lists

Go down 
+2
bsimon
Wildeyedjester
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 5:30 pm

So many of you know I am toying with Eldar Wraith Army Lists. I am attempting to maximize the amount of antitank units in the army, while maintaining the ability for things to get around the board for taking or holding objectives. I only have 3 scoring units, but one of them would have a 2+ cover save, one turbo boosts, and one of them is T6 with rerollable 3/5+ saves. I think its enough.

The Harlequins could screen eldrad and wraithguard giving them saves as they advanced above the board.

Harlequins and Avatar provide hTH killy, after the 3 wraithlords flame or lock up units.

Wave Serpents jump in 24" and then start dropping off fusion guns to nuke armor, ala IG command squad in tanks.

Whatya think?

Eldrad 210
10 Wraith Guard, Warlock, conceal 399
6 harlequins, shadowseer, kisses, 2 fusion, troupe m, power wpn 216
3 wraith lords, 2 flamers, wraithswords 300
3 Bikes, 1 Warlock, spear, seer, embolden 114
Wave Serpent 100
Wave Serpent 100
5 Firewarriors 80
5 Firewarriors 80
rangers 95
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 6:04 pm

No EML/Brightlance on Wraithlords?
What's the gun on the Wave Serpents?
I'd really try to squeeze in a shuricannon on the bikes, and a Falcon for the Harlequins, but I don't know what you'd cut.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime24th July 2009, 10:05 pm

I'm of the mind that monstrous creatures should never shoot. They should always run toward the enemy. They have more chance of wrecking a tank in hth. After speaking with Alex about his nidzilla performance, he agreed with me on that aspect.

Every unit has a tank busting capability with the exception of the rangers.

With the shadowseer in the harlies, I don't think I will put them in a transport I want the option to be either shoot through them or try to spot them. With move, fleet, assault I should be able to stay out of shooting range of most units.
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Monstrous Weigh-In   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime25th July 2009, 6:25 pm

Second on the guns for monstrous. Big guns belong on tanks. Monstrous creatures smash stuff in HtH, period. I ran 6 big nids in the Big Waaagh and I can say I wish I had 8. The number of vehicles in 5th and their durability to fire means your guns will do little (unless it is melta). I found that if you don't have lots of tank busting guns (which eldar can have), the best way to rid your self of them is to bum rush them with a bunch of stomp-crazy monsters. There is something very pleasing about rolling 4 or 5 S9+2d6 on a land raider that didn't get out of the way. To recap: leverage what monstrous creatures do best - stomp things up close, not snipe from 36" away.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime25th July 2009, 7:51 pm

Just to add to what Big Al said, using a monstrous creature as a gun platform, even one that is slowly moving toward my lines, moves it down my target priority list significantly. It's is nothing more than a tank that happens to have wounds. A MC that is rushing into my lines, pausing only to slaver and gibber maniacally, immediately jumps to the top of my list and forces my hand. Let's not even mention how hard it is to put the suckers down. I shiver at the thought of running wraithlords, shiver I say.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime26th July 2009, 4:43 am

Thirded! MC's eat things.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Turducken

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 2:33 pm

I know this iis really random, but that unit of 3 jetbikes won't last very long...
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 2:53 pm

The local Eldar Guru (only army hes ever played) has an army with 2 units of 3 jetbikes and they do what their meant to do and they do it well.

Can't hurt anything = you don't care if it dies
It's a scoring unit = opponent has to try and shoot at it most of the time
Zig Zag = you always get a 3 up cover save as you really can't hurt much anyway
Misdirect = you can trick players in the movement phase with them
Reserves = leave em in reserves so they come out and grab/contest objectives late game

for 66 or 76 with cannon. They're a must have troop choice for 99% of eldar armies

So I agree with you they can die like dogs and don't have the punch to kill anything greater than a 3 man grot unit... but after shooting at them you have a lot more troublesome things on the board undealt with. This is 5th edition way more tactical (IMO) than the 4th ed go first and shootl more than your enemy.

My thoughts
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 2:56 pm

I stand corrected! Those are some great points, and I could very well be wrong, since I am only a noob at such things, but it seems more like a point filler than anything else.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 3:24 pm

I will leave them in reserve in pretty much every game. They do have the warlock with singing spear, so if they can turbo boost a couple of turns they may get in a sneaky charge against a pesky vehicle like a basilisk or somethings similar. They are just my aggressive objective grabber - Matt nailed it.

My rangers are similar. They won't do crap except hug the cover I assign them to, and take their 2+ cover saves, holding an objective pretty well.

The big unit of wraith guard are my primary troop unit. They will take a beating with rerollable saves, advancing toward enemy lines.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 3:28 pm

HAHAHA I just went back and read the list... I like the tau units in there!
That'll really shake things up!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 5:32 pm

Lol. I was wondering when someone was going to catch that. Those are of course, fire dragons. I realized they were mistyped when I made the list, and I left them up to see how long it would take.

Seriously Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eldar Wraith Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraith Lists   Eldar Wraith Lists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Wraith Lists
Page 1 of 1