Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Broken 8E army lists

Go down 
+2
capnwoodrow
bsimon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Broken 8E army lists Empty
PostSubject: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime27th June 2010, 8:12 pm

Anyone have ideas what will be broken as all get out? What's the new equivalent of the demon circus?

I'll post up some of mine below.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime27th June 2010, 8:16 pm

2500 VC
Vamp Lord, Move 9, Forbidden Lore, Powerstone, Dark Majesty (takes Death)
Vamp Lord, Black Arts, Horse, ASF sword (general)
Necro, horse (takes van hel's)
Vampire, Horse, Black Arts, Periapt
Vampire, Horse, Black Arts, Book of Arkhan
Vampire, Horse, Ghoulkin, Forbidden lore (takes Death)
Crypt Ghouls *20, cmd
Crypt Ghouls *20, cmd
Skeletons *32, cmd, endless nightmare banner
Blood Knights *10, Cmd, Warbanner

Put the 4 vampires in the blood knights (7 wide), run the necro behind them. The move 9 vamp lord goes in a unit of ghouls. Turn 0, march them 8" forward. Turn 1, march another 8", vamp lord runs free, start spamming vanhel's from the necro (you have +6 power dice and a powerstone) - goal is to charge with 2 ghouls, flank with blood knights, break 2 units turn 1. Also, spam D&D and Leach to kill opposing BSB/General/Casters.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime27th June 2010, 8:19 pm

2500 Beastmen
Beastlord, ArPen mark, ASF sword, Great hunt, EnSh, HvA, tuskgor chariot
Wargor BSB, Chalice of Dark Ruin, Biting Blade, HvA, Sh, tuskgor chariot
Shaman, Dispel scroll, Chariot, scout
10 ungors, Musician (to try to win the watchtower scenario)
21 tuskgor chariots

Move up turn 1, blow all your power dice on the great hunt (moves all your units another d6+1 inches) - if it total powers you don't care, you don't need it past turn 1. Blow Dark Ruin and Dispel Scroll on opponent's turn, turn 2 charge forward with a whole bunch of chariots.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime27th June 2010, 8:23 pm

2500 Dark Elves
Sorc Lord, Pegasus, (Death magic)
Sorc Lord, Pegasus, Pendant, Scroll (general)
Sorceress, Pegasus, Darkstar cloak (Death magic)
Sorceress, Pegasus (Death magic)
20 RCB, Mu
20 RCB, Mu
5 Dark Riders, RCB, Mu
5 Dark Riders, RCB, Mu
5 harpies
20 Black Guard, CMD, ASF banner
12 Black Guard, Mu
12 Black Guard, Mu

Spam power dice. You should be able to D&D 1 unit(keep taking Death, rolling, and defaulting to signature spell; you have tremendous odds of getting it), then spam Leach to take out characters. Flee a lot and mop up R&F with your trash. No Hydras in this one, but you could swap Black Guards for Hydras and break units with them.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime27th June 2010, 10:20 pm

The dwarf army with 3 engineers, 3 cannons, and 6 bolt throwers caught my eye.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime28th June 2010, 12:35 am

I was looking at the dwarf book as I drove across the bleeding country, and I thought grudge throwers would be nasty with the removal of guessing. With the way units are stacked, it seemed like it could seriously put a dent in a unit. If you upped the strength, it would be str 5 with no armor save. I think my view is coming from a 40k perspective, but templates seem like they should be even more daunting in fantasy. Now, explain to me why I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids
Apothecary with a box of band aids

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime28th June 2010, 12:41 am

Army Comp Scoring will never die at Indy GT's
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime28th June 2010, 7:43 am

warhammerworld wrote:
Army Comp Scoring will never die at Indy GT's

Comp scoring is still alive and well now, but Daemons, Dark Elves, and Lizards always generally take the top spots worldwide. I think the 'broken' 8th ed builds will be same.

Composition isn't scaring anyone away from the top armies and the power builds. The Indy GT's have 2 options - put out a rules pack with static comp rules which players can max their armies under or just have blind comping the day of - then it's just a crapshoot.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime28th June 2010, 7:45 am

Monkey wrote:
I was looking at the dwarf book as I drove across the bleeding country, and I thought grudge throwers would be nasty with the removal of guessing. With the way units are stacked, it seemed like it could seriously put a dent in a unit. If you upped the strength, it would be str 5 with no armor save. I think my view is coming from a 40k perspective, but templates seem like they should be even more daunting in fantasy. Now, explain to me why I'm wrong.

I don't know the Dwarf book very well since it wasn't really my style in 7th ed, but a lot of pie plates does seem to be quite a solid back up.

The only problem with going pie-plate heavy is the speed at which armies move now might limit some of your targeting from turn 2 onwards. You may not want to take the risk of firing at something 8-10 inches away due to a bad scatter.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime28th June 2010, 10:48 am

I was thinking that an infusion of 40k players migh be good for fantasy. The two games are quite similar, but the dominance of shooting in 40k and the relative weakness of psychic powers vs magic will result in those players bringing a novel viewpoint to the game. I know that lots of people already play both, but that forms a hybrid view. I think 40k players who begin to play the new edition will, assuming they don't simply do net lists, come up with some unexpected combos. I still think our lack of understanding of the real intricacies will result in resounding butt kickings, but hopefully, more experienced players can be shown something that they might not have otherwise thought of. Hopefully, our lack of tactical acumen (sorry, I've been listening to Podhammer.) won't prevent us from coming up with interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime28th June 2010, 11:34 am

*rubs his hands with glee at the pitifully slim chance of handing Monkey a buttkicking in 8th Ed* Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime29th June 2010, 10:10 pm

Brian/ Dennis/ etc:

Let me know when you want a no-holds-barred OTT game again. I've got a wolfrider list to give you fits. =)

I think I can successfully pull off a turn 2 game barring serious errata. That's what I'd take to Ard Boys this year.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime29th June 2010, 10:17 pm

bsimon wrote:
Brian/ Dennis/ etc:

Let me know when you want a no-holds-barred OTT game again. I've got a wolfrider list to give you fits. =)

I think I can successfully pull off a turn 2 game barring serious errata. That's what I'd take to Ard Boys this year.

Please let us know when you set that up. I want to see that.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime29th June 2010, 10:41 pm

I also found out today that skirmishers can march and shoot.

Guess who has two thumbs and now has to build 6 more Flamers? This guy! cheers
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Always likes a good ass whoopin'   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime30th June 2010, 12:06 pm

Brent,
Any time that you are ready to bring in the army of nastiness, just shout. Try to give me a day or two notice so that I can clear my schedule. I always enjoy our games of mass distruction.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime30th June 2010, 2:39 pm

bsimon wrote:

Guess who has two thumbs and now has to build...

Good to know you didn't lose a thumb in a horrible modelling accident.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken 8E army lists   Broken 8E army lists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken 8E army lists
Page 1 of 1