Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Templates and number of units that lie beneath them

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sithkhan
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
sithkhan

Templates and number of units that lie beneath them Empty
PostSubject: Templates and number of units that lie beneath them   Templates and number of units that lie beneath them Icon_minitime11th August 2010, 8:08 pm

As cool looking as the new blast templates are for Fantasy, I have trouble determining what exactly lies beneath the template. I printed out graph paper with 25 mm squares and 20 mm squares. Centering each template over a square, I traced the exterior of a 40K blast template for the 3" and 5" blast diameter. After counting anything that was touched by the circle described, I came up with the following values:

3" Blast template:
20 mm - 21 bases
25 mm - 13

5" Blast template:
20mm - 44 bases
25 mm - 21 bases

Is this accurate? Does this follow with what you have experienced in a match?

As an aside, what would these values be for 40K?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Templates and number of units that lie beneath them   Templates and number of units that lie beneath them Icon_minitime11th August 2010, 8:56 pm

Wow. I have always wondered what the max number of hits would be but I never thought to do this.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with Fantasy, but in 40k you will hit a LOT less than you will in Fantasy. In 40k your dudes are always spread out, unless they just landed via deep strike or something similar, and your unit sizes are usually a lot smaller - 10 dudes is pretty average with Orks and Tyranids being the exception at having around 20 all the way up to 30.
Back to top Go down
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

PostSubject: Re: Templates and number of units that lie beneath them   Templates and number of units that lie beneath them Icon_minitime11th August 2010, 11:16 pm

41 models seems like a lot. I played one with a perfectly centered blast template and I don't think I got that many. I'll run some scenarios on the computer later, but that seems like a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Templates and number of units that lie beneath them   Templates and number of units that lie beneath them Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Templates and number of units that lie beneath them
Page 1 of 1