Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Running Distraction Units

Go down 
+3
littleboyblues
PhantomPhoenix
Schnitzel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Schnitzel
Grot Squig Herder

Running Distraction Units Empty
PostSubject: Running Distraction Units   Running Distraction Units Icon_minitime23rd August 2009, 11:41 pm

One big tactic to me whenever I (rarely) get the chance to play is to run what I consider a 'distraction' unit. Essentially these guys are a decent kitted out squad that if left unchecked will make my opponents rear a living hell. The most important part however is that you must remember these guys are expendable!
What unit do I favor the most? Deep striking Khornate Raptors. Yes, 20pts a pop with a 30pt MoK. Yeah, they're jump troops and die quiet easily but... they come with 2 flamers! Or 2 meltas if you'd like. I typically run a 5 man squad, dual flamers and harass my opponents troops. They're very likely to get shot up fast so you should try to leave them mired in assault at the end of your turn..... hopefully it will resolve on the opponents turn and they'll be free to continue their annoyances further.

What are some distraction units or tactics you use in games?
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Running Distraction Units   Running Distraction Units Icon_minitime24th August 2009, 12:41 am

2 Words, Daemon Prince. I love the guy, he's amazing, but in all honesty he's a giant target to draw fire. Sure when he does get into melee he rocks faces, but when your opponent focuses all their fire on him, and rightly so, it makes it nice to have everything clear to move sans harassment. Greater Daemons also work well, but they're much easier to kill off what with only a 5+ inv save.
Back to top Go down
Schnitzel
Grot Squig Herder

PostSubject: Re: Running Distraction Units   Running Distraction Units Icon_minitime26th August 2009, 6:32 am

PhantomPhoenix wrote:
2 Words, Daemon Prince. I love the guy, he's amazing, but in all honesty he's a giant target to draw fire. Sure when he does get into melee he rocks faces, but when your opponent focuses all their fire on him, and rightly so, it makes it nice to have everything clear to move sans harassment. Greater Daemons also work well, but they're much easier to kill off what with only a 5+ inv save.

A Daemon Prince would be quiet scary indeed. Most don't bother me too much, but the winged Nurgle with warptime... There's a monster that'll earn a turn of focused shots to down it.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Running Distraction Units   Running Distraction Units Icon_minitime26th August 2009, 8:34 am

Greaters have a 4+ invo. Incase you've been ripping yourself off.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Running Distraction Units   Running Distraction Units Icon_minitime26th August 2009, 4:44 pm

Sly Marbo! He will leap suddenly and suicidally from the bushes, threaten to do you and your family bodily harm, and then try to scamper away in the night yelling that he is invincible.

He really doesnt do much, but he will usually take a couple of rounds of shooting with his go to ground and stealth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: Running Distraction Units   Running Distraction Units Icon_minitime26th August 2009, 6:57 pm

i use 2 units of 4 Chaos Terminators as a speed bump, they deep strike in kill something then take tons of fire.
Back to top Go down
Warhamster77
Squig with flatulence
Warhamster77

PostSubject: Re: Running Distraction Units   Running Distraction Units Icon_minitime26th August 2009, 8:51 pm

I use Carnifexs as shot magnets
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Running Distraction Units   Running Distraction Units Icon_minitime26th August 2009, 9:22 pm

I like running Nob Bikers and Lootas. People tend to focus on one or the other which allows the ignored unit to wreak havoc.
Back to top Go down
Schnitzel
Grot Squig Herder

PostSubject: Re: Running Distraction Units   Running Distraction Units Icon_minitime29th August 2009, 7:11 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
Sly Marbo! He will leap suddenly and suicidally from the bushes, threaten to do you and your family bodily harm, and then try to scamper away in the night yelling that he is invincible.

He really doesnt do much, but he will usually take a couple of rounds of shooting with his go to ground and stealth.

And this here is one big reason why I plan on using him in my upcoming IG army.
The other biggie being I loooove fluff and ICs are so fun to write on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running Distraction Units   Running Distraction Units Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running Distraction Units
Page 1 of 1