Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly gaming nights at CHG

Go down 
+2
Wildeyedjester
gamewizard
6 posters

Which day should be gw games night at chg?
Monday
Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_lcap4%Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Tuesday
Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_lcap31%Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 8 ]
Wednesday
Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_lcap4%Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Thursday
Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_lcap12%Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Friday
Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_lcap8%Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Saturday
Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_lcap23%Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 6 ]
Sunday
Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_lcap18%Weekly gaming nights at CHG I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Weekly gaming nights at CHG Empty
PostSubject: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime16th July 2010, 3:43 pm

I'd like to set up a weekly gaming night for Fantasy and/or 40K but I don't want to just dictate a night. This would be a night where the general consensus is the best night to get together. This way when I have new people coming in I can say "TUESDAY is our local gaming night".

Maybe Wildeyed could set up a poll for which night would be a good night to do this. This way we could set up an informal "club" night. If anybody wants to make it formal where we could sit around and hash out games and rules I wouldn't be opposed to ordering pizza for the night.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime16th July 2010, 4:34 pm

Done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime16th July 2010, 5:34 pm

Thanks, Jester
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime16th July 2010, 6:15 pm

I voted Saturday. Feel free to discard that if necessary. It's the night I'd most likely to be able to play, but it's like the difference between a 10% and 20% chance :-P
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime16th July 2010, 6:16 pm

I voted for the two secondary nights I can usually get free. I'm all for one of those days.

My biggest concern is picking a night that's not a big MtG night at the shop. I understand that they are a huge player base, and I don't want to offend anyone, but they can get a little rowdy. I think picking a 'quiet' night for the shop to host a GW gaming night would have the biggest boon.
Back to top Go down
sgtwaldo
Flash Git with a Grill
Flash Git with a Grill
sgtwaldo

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime16th July 2010, 8:39 pm

I voted Tuesday and/or Thursday, as they probably shouldn't be busy nights for CHG and it enables persons needing a kitchen pass (guilty), to not get a "You were there yesterday!" answer. Also it fills the void that Hobbytown left after Tuesday night game night shut down. T-Top gaming night is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime17th July 2010, 12:51 am

sgtwaldo wrote:
I voted Tuesday and/or Thursday, as they probably shouldn't be busy nights for CHG and it enables persons needing a kitchen pass (guilty), to not get a "You were there yesterday!" answer. Also it fills the void that Hobbytown left after Tuesday night game night shut down. T-Top gaming night is a great idea.
That's exactly why Tuesday and Thursday would be 0% chance for me. I'm already there every Wednesday, but like I said, My vote probably shouldn't count for much as I don't want to lobby for my choice and then never show up Razz
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime17th July 2010, 1:26 am

capnwoodrow wrote:
I voted for the two secondary nights I can usually get free. I'm all for one of those days.

My biggest concern is picking a night that's not a big MtG night at the shop. I understand that they are a huge player base, and I don't want to offend anyone, but they can get a little rowdy. I think picking a 'quiet' night for the shop to host a GW gaming night would have the biggest boon.

Sorry you left tonight before I got a chance to talk; I believe the little lady was urging you to leave. I was in the middle of a nasty computer error, trying mostly to lend moral support and lame advice.

The MTG crowd was definitely in a rowdy mood tonight. Too many "F" bombs were dropped to suit me. I'm no prude; but I am trying to run a family-friendly business. I made mention of the issue to the MTG judge.

Back on track: Saturdays are not good for me; I am GM'ing a shop approved RPG; Dark Heresy. I would prefer to be in on the action in one form or another. I am giving up my RPG'ing for tomorrow but I'd rather not give it up permanently.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime17th July 2010, 3:01 am

Doh! I accidentally closed the poll, and don't seem to be able to reopen it. I guess as a mod I need to watch those errant clicks... I'm not trying to sabotage it now that my favorite day is out, really! Shocked

I PMd Wildeyedjester, so hopefully he can fix my mistake geek
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime17th July 2010, 3:02 am

Incidentally, if Saturday is out, then Friday would be my pick.

Thursday or Sunday might be doable once in a while, but Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday are right out. I've got stuff scheduled on Monday and Wednesday, and gaming three days in a row more than once or twice a year would result in hefty legal bills being paid to divorce attorneys Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime17th July 2010, 8:08 am

No Worries. Re-opened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime17th July 2010, 8:34 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime17th July 2010, 7:14 pm

gamewizard wrote:

The MTG crowd was definitely in a rowdy mood tonight. Too many "F" bombs were dropped to suit me. I'm no prude; but I am trying to run a family-friendly business. I made mention of the issue to the MTG judge.

Content I can try and ignore, but really it's the volume. I think a general "inside voices" rule would solve most of my issues.

Standing across a four foot gaming table and being unable to hear my opponent because of the general volume from the MTG area is a bit hard.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime17th July 2010, 9:09 pm

Do u think i will have to wait a long time to get a gaming table?
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime18th July 2010, 12:04 am

MonkeyMan wrote:

Generally not; it is best to get a game scheduled with an opponent, though.

You might also let your opponent know you are much younger than most of us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime18th July 2010, 12:11 am

capnwoodrow wrote:
gamewizard wrote:

Content I can try and ignore, but really it's the volume. I think a general "inside voices" rule would solve most of my issues.

Standing across a four foot gaming table and being unable to hear my opponent because of the general volume from the MTG area is a bit hard.

I understand volume is an issue. But it is an issue there is not much I can do about. When you have 40 people or more stuffed in a room not much larger than 20 by 30 you might have to resort to talking to your opponent on a cell phone. Cool

Usually the volume is not that bad. It seems the times you have been there lately it has been very loud.

Cursing is an issue with me, volume; within a degree of reason, is not. If certain people start yelling at others they have been asked to calm down. Not much more I can do about the outbursts rather than tell that person he can't come around the shop. Once I go down that road it isn't too long before I turn the lights out for the last time one evening after I ask one person too many to leave the shop.

I am sure none of us wants that. Hopefully we can all work together reasonably to resolve any issues that crop up.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime18th July 2010, 12:22 am

MonkeyMan wrote:

I've been gaming in CHG for many moons and i've never had to wait for a space there.

Plenty of tables, plenty o'space
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime18th July 2010, 1:02 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
MonkeyMan wrote:

I've been gaming in CHG for many moons and i've never had to wait for a space there.

Plenty of tables, plenty o'space

And we can always make more tables with the space we have. We have lots of 4'x8' plywood that we can lay down on sawhorses to make 5 or so more tables. I believe we have had 8 tables set up at once for Warhammer events.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime23rd July 2010, 10:42 am

Was anything decided on this? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime23rd July 2010, 5:26 pm

I haven't gotten the poll results as of yet.

Has enough time gone by to get everyone involved who plays regularly at CHG?
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime26th July 2010, 3:10 pm

gamewizard wrote:
I haven't gotten the poll results as of yet.

Has enough time gone by to get everyone involved who plays regularly at CHG?

I'm an idiot. Disregard my ignorance of the "View results" button.

Tuesdays are going to be the official Warhammer Game night at CHG.

This will be announced on our FB page as well as our new website page.

I am going to announce a 5:00 start time. This is just an informal start time that does not have to be adhered to. It is just a time that I can tell new people that we begin at.

Thanks for the poll, Jester.

Thanks to all who voted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly gaming nights at CHG   Weekly gaming nights at CHG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly gaming nights at CHG
Page 1 of 1