Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June

Go down 
+5
Sweet E
bdix
Monkey
Dannato
Wildeyedjester
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Empty
PostSubject: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime1st May 2011, 10:29 pm

I plan on opening warpig on Wednesday Nights in June, starting with the 22nd. We wont do it July 6th (the day before Wargamescon) and August 10 will be the last day.

Friday will still be 40k night. On Wednesdays, the till will be open, and you can still play and game however you want as usual.

For Wednesday I would like to either:
Run a six week rolpeplay game such as dark heresy -or-
Run a campaign of descent (limit of a max of four players) -or-
Run a six week board games league with varied offering each week.

How many of you would make it weekly and what is your preference? Or other ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime1st May 2011, 10:32 pm

I can commit to making it weekly, I would like to play in a RPG campaign of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime1st May 2011, 10:40 pm

Assuming Ophie arrives on time, I have been given permission to attend.
-I'd love to play Dark Heresy, but I would worry about the regularity of attendance. If we could find a way to work characters in smoothly, this would be my preference.
-Descent would be fun, but the limit of four might be problematic. Then again, it might not.
-Board games would probably be the easiest, but I would prefer something with a continuation between weeks.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime1st May 2011, 11:48 pm

I can commit to this. I should be back around the 22nd. If I cant make it the first wednesday, I for sure can the 29th on.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 12:40 am

I'm in as well. I don't have any scheduled events that I'm aware of that would conflict with the said dates, so I would be able to be steady. My top choice would be a rpg. I think dark heresy or rogue trader would be fun. I would be in for anything though.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 12:54 am

My vote is also for an RPG of some sort. I delved into Dark Heresy with some buddies, but never got too deep into it. I would love to play that.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 6:31 pm

Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch would be a blast to play.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 7:28 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:

Does this mean you are interested and could commit to wednesdays?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 7:42 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
capnwoodrow wrote:

Does this mean you are interested and could commit to wednesdays?

Sure
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 10:42 pm

I am up for it. As for what to play, any are good. I would love to play one of the 40k rpgs. But I am good with what ever.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime2nd May 2011, 11:52 pm

I'd be down for rouge trader, deathwatch, or even that elusive lovecraft campaign that will keeps saying he might run
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 9:55 am

Okay here are the official choices. I have narrowed it down to three. Please vote if you are one of the folks listed as participating and I will start reading up and planning once we have decided. Also if you have played these, let me know!

1. Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay - Thousand Thrones - (2nd edition, so still fun and still an rpg) - Campaign that is 200ish pages long and broken into 12 linked sessions. Takes you across the empire and deals with things that go bump in the night. Lots of combat and a good amount of puzzle,riddle, roleplay. A mid ground on rules demands. Probably would not finish in the 6 weeks, and would pick it up again off an on following the summer sessions.

2. Call of Cthulu - Tattered King - Investigative horror set in England in the 1920's. Low on combat, high on puzzles and roleplay. 240+ pages. Great for multiple off and on players because your first character probably won't live or have his/her sanity by the end. Lightest on all of the rules. Probably would not finish in the 6 weeks, and would pick it up again off an on following the summer sessions

3. Rogue Trader/ Dark Heresy - 2 of 3 books are out for the first rogue trader campaign. I'm not familiar with this campaign or rules at all, but would be willing to learn. This would be the most over the top on the rules as the differing characters make combat more of a rules fest. Probably would finish before the end of the summer, but the campaign would be on pause until they released the third book (much later). It would leave everyone hung out for a while.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 10:05 am

Order of pref:

Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 10:37 am

[quote="capnwoodrow"]Order of pref:

1.[/quote]

Same
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 1:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 1:33 pm

Would deathwatch characters be allowed in choice #3 or are they too overpowered?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 1:37 pm

Cpt_Tiberius wrote:

Would deathwatch characters be allowed in choice #3 or are they too overpowered?

No deathwatch
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 1:42 pm

I change my vote to

I looked the fantasy one up, looks pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 1:47 pm

LOL. if you look at the averages, everything is split right down the middle. 10 points for each if first place gets 3 points, 2nd two, and third one.

If I break ties, it will be Fantasy, because I own all the books for it.

I would have to buy two hard covers for Rogue Trader (~60.00)

I would have to buy two soft covers for Cthulu (~$50.00)

My Choice would probably be:

(Just as I listed them Rolling Eyes - Go go gadget teaching and test making skills)
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 2:39 pm

I've gotta go with Cthulhu. Seems like it would fit bets for the amount of people and the ability to have people come and go would help out. It should also be pretty easy to play, but from my reading of the Masks of Nyalarthotep it might be murder to run.

So my votes goes

I'm just feeling something other than Sci-Fi right now, probably has to do with the big uptake in 40k recently.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 6:19 pm

The eye covered tentacles have it!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 6:35 pm

Not yet. Still have matt an eric
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 6:57 pm

Any man who doesn't vote for Cthulhu isnt a man!
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime3rd May 2011, 7:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June   Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warpig Wednesday Nights starting in June
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next