Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carson City

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
themcfadden
Blind Ratling Sniper
themcfadden

Carson City Empty
PostSubject: Carson City   Carson City Icon_minitime24th June 2010, 12:06 am

Howdy.

Picked up a copy of Carson City about a month and a half ago at Meta Games when I was in Springfield, MO. I've played about 4 games of it so far, one two - player game and three four - player games, and I have to say, I really like it! The fluff behind the game is that you are one of the entrepreneurs on the scene of the brand new Carson City, Nevada. You'll use your business savvy and your posse of cowboys to shape the future of this town.

A very brief summary of the mechanics would go a little something like this. Each turn, players choose a role that will aid them in their abilities that turn and determine turn order (immediately). They then place their cowboys (workers) on tasks in turn order, one at a time, perform the tasks, all in an attempt to gain victory points.

There are a few caveats, of course. First, during the cowboy placement phase, you can disrupt the worker another player's choice by playing your cowboy on the same spot someone else has played. When it comes to performing the action, each player will take up a six-sided die and roll-off in a "duel." The losing cowboy goes home, while the winning cowboy gets to perform that function.

Second, this strategy can also be used to rob the production of certain buildings. If a player owns a building that produces revenue, you may place one of your own cowboys to effectively "rob" half of the revenue for yourself. This action can be dueled, so the player who owns the building may place one of his own cowboys there to defend.

I'm rambling, so I'll finish before this becomes painfully long and say this: it's a great game! I've really enjoyed it. I rate it right alongside with some of my favorite games, but not quite as high as say, Puerto Rico.

If you'd like me to bring it down to a game store for a game or meet up somewhere, I'd be happy to! Just let me know and we can work out a game, as I am unable to attend the regularly scheduled Wednesday nigh game night at CHG.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/NWAGamers/
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

Carson City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carson City   Carson City Icon_minitime24th June 2010, 12:53 am

I've heard some good things about that game on the Dice Tower podcast. It's a shame you can't make it to board game night. Unfortunately I can't really make it any other time right now, but hopefully someone else can meet up with you some time to play!
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Carson City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carson City   Carson City Icon_minitime24th June 2010, 5:54 pm

I kept trying to play but the mcfadden turned me away for repeatedly shouting, "I'm your huckleberry!"
Back to top Go down
themcfadden
Blind Ratling Sniper
themcfadden

Carson City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carson City   Carson City Icon_minitime25th June 2010, 12:11 am

. . .It may have also been the handle bar mustache I'm sporting and incessantly twirling. . ."Nyah, Nyah, See!"

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/NWAGamers/
Sponsored content

Carson City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carson City   Carson City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carson City
Page 1 of 1