Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chuck in Kansas City

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
uponthisfire
Servitor with a short circuit

Chuck in Kansas City Empty
PostSubject: Chuck in Kansas City   Chuck in Kansas City Icon_minitime5th August 2009, 7:15 pm

Hello. I'm Chuck Platt and I live in Kansas City. I am currently painting a Sisters of Battle army, as covered by my blog: http://uponthisfire.blogspot.com/. I am trying to get them up and fully painted by the Spring. I am also working on my Dwarf army for Fantasy. I play too many video games as a reviewer for www.diehardgamefan.com. Anyways, that's my gig.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Chuck in Kansas City   Chuck in Kansas City Icon_minitime5th August 2009, 11:24 pm

Nice to have you. Welcome!

What is the store you use in KC? My wife and I were there last year and I saw the store in Overland Park and it was pretty stinking top notch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Chuck in Kansas City   Chuck in Kansas City Icon_minitime5th August 2009, 11:57 pm

Welcome, Chuck!
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
uponthisfire

PostSubject: Re: Chuck in Kansas City   Chuck in Kansas City Icon_minitime6th August 2009, 6:01 am

I use 31st Century in Olathe and Pulp Fiction in Lee's Summit. Pity that neither is closer to me. The top-notch store in Overland Park is Tabletop Games. I have never been there, but my friends swear by it. There is something to be said for 31st Century's mustiness and Pulp Fiction has comics, so if no one wants to play, I can read.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Chuck in Kansas City   Chuck in Kansas City Icon_minitime6th August 2009, 12:09 pm

I have been to Table Top's old location, many moons ago. I stopped in at 31st Century Games a couple of months ago, good looking shop. I have never seen so many Fenbeasts in one location, ever. Was going through the older fantasy blisters looking for some skaven and chaos when I found them. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Chuck in Kansas City   Chuck in Kansas City Icon_minitime6th August 2009, 1:40 pm

Verminlord wrote:
I have never seen so many Fenbeasts in one location, ever.
My guess is that if you look up the release date of the Fenbeast, then you'll probably be pretty close to the date the store started carrying GW products. Extreme over-ordering tends to happen at least once around then Wink
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
uponthisfire

PostSubject: Re: Chuck in Kansas City   Chuck in Kansas City Icon_minitime6th August 2009, 2:53 pm

I went through a similar thing with the myriad of Sisters of Battle blisters they have at 31st Century. So many that it is hard for me not to buy them all at once, but too expensive to do so. I love older, established shops because they usually have treasure on the shelf.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Chuck in Kansas City   Chuck in Kansas City Icon_minitime6th August 2009, 3:46 pm

If you're really interested in getting them all, ask if they'll make you a deal. The worst that can happen is that they say no. As I hinted in my previous post, a lot of the time such overstock is the result of an ordering mistake, and the store would be happy to clear it out if they can.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
uponthisfire

PostSubject: Re: Chuck in Kansas City   Chuck in Kansas City Icon_minitime6th August 2009, 6:45 pm

Yeah, I might have to do that next time I go down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chuck in Kansas City   Chuck in Kansas City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chuck in Kansas City
Page 1 of 1