Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blackjack
Nurgling on Antibiotics

Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List. Empty
PostSubject: Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List.   Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List. Icon_minitime1st June 2010, 12:12 pm

So this is the list I have been building and painting. I have 5 games under my belt but have lost most of them.

Dante

5 Sanguinary Guard, 5 infernus pistols, Power Fist Chapter banner (Dante's unit)
5 Sanguinary Guard, 3 infernus pistols, Power Fist
5 Sanguinary Guard, 3 infernus pistols, Power Fist
5 Sanguinary Guard, 3 palsma pistols, Power Fist
5 Sanguinary Guard, 3 plasma pistols, Power Fist

3 Sanguinary Priests, Jump Packs, Power Weapons
1 Sanguinary Priest, Jump Pack Power Weapon, Infernus Pistol (Dante's unit)

1850pts

The problem is that any smart player bubble wraps his long range anti tank units, castles up and waits for my drop. (classic anti Drop pod tactics.) I come down, I shoot a bit, he counters with tons more shooting than I put out and assaults my units. If I decide not to drop he simply sits back and blasts me to bits for two turns then counter charges my overly expensive units.

Can anyone think of any improvments?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List.   Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List. Icon_minitime1st June 2010, 12:22 pm

I think the list would be a lot of fun to play, but I do imagine you would see the same defense most of the time against it. It is very one dimensional.

The only real thing I can think of to mix it up a bit might be to try a pair of veteran vanguard units to allow you to charge the turn they dropped? They would mesh well with your sang guard and make the threat value of your descent of angels go up quite a bit. Instead of just defending against the drop, the opponent would at least have to defend against assaults as well.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List.   Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List. Icon_minitime1st June 2010, 12:31 pm

I would change 1 Sanguinary Guard unit to an Honor Guard. The untargetable Sanguinary Priest is nice. The 12" meltagun range helps too.

I would also try to fit in 1 10-man or 2 5-man Vanguard Veteran squads. That lets you pop tanks with guard, and charge with the veterans immediately.

I would also consider 1 10-man Assault Squad - they can combat squad for objective missions.

All of the above waters down the pure sanguinary guard concept.
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
Chaplain and a book full of sermons
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List.   Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List. Icon_minitime1st June 2010, 12:38 pm

Seems like, if you could get everything to fall into place properly, this would be very strong. But that's part of the problem with it. As stated before it's very one-dimensional. Definitely interesting though and I would love to see it in action.
Back to top Go down
blackjack
Nurgling on Antibiotics

PostSubject: Re: Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List.   Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List. Icon_minitime1st June 2010, 2:31 pm

Here's a link to some of the Models I am woking on for this list. So far I have 20 complete and 10 to go.

https://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad337/darkprince676/?action=view&current=DSC_0026.jpg&newest=1
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List.   Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List. Icon_minitime2nd June 2010, 2:19 am

Those are really sexy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List.   Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pure Sanguinary Gaurd List.
Page 1 of 1