Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CSM & Tau Possible List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

CSM & Tau Possible List Empty
PostSubject: CSM & Tau Possible List   CSM & Tau Possible List Icon_minitime14th April 2013, 2:01 pm

So, Sweet E and I have been playing about a game of 40k a week, tweaking lists and the like. However, this week I'd been reading the new Tau codex and thought I'd see what it could do. Initially, I allied it with SW, but I've kind of decided that's not the way to go. I think I came up with a good combo using CSM.

Primary:
CSM:

Typhus- 230
Daemon Prince: Mark of Tzeentch, Black Mace, lvl 2 psyker (Biomancy), Power Armour, Wings- 315

Troops:

Plague Zombies X10- 50
Plague Zombies X10- 50
Plague ZombiesX10- 50
Plague ZombiesX14- 66
Plague Zombies X15- 70

Fast Attack-
Heldrake w/ Baleflamer- 170
Heldrake w/ Baleflamer- 170

Allies:
Tau:

HQ:

Commander: Missile Pod, Velocity Tracker, Early Warning Override, Command & Control Node, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, 2X Shield Drone -199

Troops:

FirewarriorsX6 w/ EMP Grenades- 66

Heavy Support:

Broadsides X3- High Yield Missile PodsX3, 2X Velocity Trackers, 1X Target Lock, 6X Missile Drones

Fortifications:
Aegis Defence Line with Icarus Lascannon- 85

Total: Around 1,850- I know it's under.

Plan: The Zombies provide cheap scoring units that are difficult to shift. You bubble-wrap the Broadside unit with them. They just mosey up the board and force your opponent to deal with them, besides the bubble-wrap unit of course. Typhus sits on the Icarus giving you BS 5 Lascannon w/ Interceptor & Skyfire.

The Broadside Unit is my favorite. 24 S7 shots a turn, 12 of which are TL. Add in the commander, and this unit is monstrous. On your turn, it will puts out 24 S7 Missiles and 12 S5 Missiles (that don't need LOS) all of which is twin-linked, ignores cover, and has Tank Hunter or Monster Hunter as you wish. 2 of the Broadsides have Skyfire, and the other Broadside can fire at a different target. Against Sweet E, this one unit killed a good 2/3 of his army. It was glorious. Anything short of AV14 is toast. Turn 1 you kill the opponents Skyfire units so that your Heldrakes can come on and wreak havoc, which they do quite well. The daemon prince is scary and distracting, which is about all you need it to be.

I think it will work, but I've got to play test a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: CSM & Tau Possible List   CSM & Tau Possible List Icon_minitime14th April 2013, 11:42 pm

I think this will be nasty. Based on my experience from the other evening, tau will be the new "auto ally". You can build out that Broadside/Commander unit to really filly a hole in any army.

After we played the other night, I layed out a very similar list. The main difference I had was no Typhus. While I think yours is the superior list, I just can't stand paying the Typhus tax.

Anyone that's headed off to a tournament in the future had better start figuring out how they are going to deal with this unit, because you are going to see it everywhere.

I'll give a little thought to tweaks you might make to this list and try and throw them up later this week.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: CSM & Tau Possible List   CSM & Tau Possible List Icon_minitime14th April 2013, 11:56 pm

I've been hearing Tau units pulling some good numbers in this new book, Tau and Chaos seems weird but it also looks like it will be highly effective.
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CSM & Tau Possible List   CSM & Tau Possible List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CSM & Tau Possible List
Page 1 of 1