Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)

Go down 
+2
Wildeyedjester
crossbonesx11
6 posters
AuthorMessage
crossbonesx11
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
crossbonesx11

Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Empty
PostSubject: Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)   Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Icon_minitime21st May 2010, 8:52 pm

Title says it all. I am more of a modeller than a gamer (and never been a competitive player) so I have several small projects but no large armies. Surely there are enough new players or old players starting new armies that there can be a low point event.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)   Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Icon_minitime21st May 2010, 11:21 pm

Perhaps a better option might be to hold a doubles tournament? 1000 points alone typically is quite low for tourneys. About 1500 is usually the lowest for single players. But two partners each with 1000 points can be fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM

PostSubject: Re: Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)   Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Icon_minitime22nd May 2010, 12:28 am

I'd say count me in, but I have a lot of work to do.

Still scrubbing primer. What cluster......
Back to top Go down
http://thedowisup40k.blogspot.com
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)   Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Icon_minitime22nd May 2010, 11:35 pm

Sorry I was sick last week. Did you get your primer questions answered last week, Conundrum?
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM

PostSubject: Re: Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)   Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Icon_minitime22nd May 2010, 11:51 pm

gamewizard wrote:
Sorry I was sick last week. Did you get your primer questions answered last week, Conundrum?

Actually no, but that's only because I'm still working on getting the primer off. I have yet to scrub the primer off an entire model, so they go back into soak. I need to find a hard bristled tooth brush, but the best Wally World had was medium and its just not cutting it. Hopefully I'll have them cleaned up some time next week???

I've spent probably four hours scrubbing with not a lot to show for it. It been frustrating but I'm learning. All in all it's 20 tac marines, 20 backpacks and 20 weapons. So it should keep me busy this week.
Back to top Go down
http://thedowisup40k.blogspot.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)   Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Icon_minitime23rd May 2010, 12:27 am

I disagree with using a hard bristle brush. Medium is the hardest I would use. I don't want you to scratch your minis. I would just keep soaking them in the simple green. It won't hurt for them to soak for 24 hours or so. I don't think so; at least. Nachos and BigJewMike know better than me about the soaking time. PM one of those two guys.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)   Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Icon_minitime23rd May 2010, 12:30 am

Back to the main title; CHG could do a low point tourney here pretty soon. Or we could do a split 2000/1000 tourney. The prize support would have to be figure out first.

We could do a 1000 point tourney in June, maybe. One a week or two after Patriot. And then the big one in July.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)   Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Icon_minitime23rd May 2010, 12:42 am

A local doubles tournament would be awesome
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)   Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Icon_minitime23rd May 2010, 12:48 am

AH, yes. The third option would be to do a doubles tourney. How would people like to do that? Would we want to make it free-based or use the rules in the book? In other words, Orcs could team with Space Marines in a free based tourney or we could use the teaming rules. I would rather use the teaming rules but I am also open to what the players want to do.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)   Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Icon_minitime24th May 2010, 3:40 am

doubles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)   Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any low point tournaments in the near future? (1000 pts or less than)
Page 1 of 1