Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Templar Thunder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

Templar Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Templar Thunder   Templar Thunder Icon_minitime5th June 2011, 11:52 am

Got some marines that I would like to give some purpose to. I have always liked Black Templars. I know the codex is old, stuff is overpriced, under powered, yadda-yadda-yadda. Despite this, I am toying with the list below. I think it would just be fun to play and see the reactions from my opponents. I'm not listing all the wargear for the sake of simplicity and granted I don't have a lot of points to spare on wargear anyway. I think you'll get the idea. It rounds out to 2000 pts.

Reclusiarch Chaplain (bolt pistol and what he normally comes with)
Emperors Champion (all units get a 5+ save vs psychic and a free d6" move at game start)
5 Marines with Land Raider Crusader (w/Multimelta)
Land Raider
Land Raider
Land Raider

Good mix of anti-armor and anti-infantry and with Machine Spirit being upgraded to be like all the newer chapters (BS4 and can always fire), it should cover all the bases. Being immune to everything under S8 is mighty attractive. Not really a list that plows forward and disgorges troops for grand melees. General strategy would be a more defensive posture, hanging back initially getting rid of opposing mech and then tank shocking and moving at cruising speed until game end - rolling onto objectives to control or contest.

I can always round out the list to be more "traditional" down the road but I'm thinking about starting with this and see how much mileage I can get out of it. Whatcha think? How would this do against the current armies?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Templar Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Templar Thunder   Templar Thunder Icon_minitime5th June 2011, 11:57 am

I think it would slot nicely into the mid tier.

I don't see a lot of the top tier armies struggling against this as they can either spam str8/9 to shut down the three regular Land Raiders or just drop in and melta them if needed. So with the three regular raiders gone, 3 multimelta shots a turn don't really scare most mech armies.

Ork, Nids, Chaos, DoC would all probably poo themselves facing off against 6 AV14s.

Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

Templar Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Templar Thunder   Templar Thunder Icon_minitime5th June 2011, 3:37 pm

I like it. It would be difficult for several armies, but a few would be able to pop those LR's pretty quick. I think it would be a lot of fun to play and get reactions out of people with. It would be awfully tough on my GK, as they aren't much on melta and other AV 14 wrecking weapons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Templar Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Templar Thunder   Templar Thunder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Templar Thunder
Page 1 of 1