Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Beastmen

Go down 
+2
themcfadden
gamewizard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

New Beastmen Empty
PostSubject: New Beastmen   New Beastmen Icon_minitime14th November 2009, 12:35 pm

Woot! New Beastman army book and models in February!

That will be my next Fantasy Army, probably.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
themcfadden
Blind Ratling Sniper
themcfadden

New Beastmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Beastmen   New Beastmen Icon_minitime12th January 2010, 1:20 am

They sound ridiculous. And by that I mean AMAZING. Very Happy

Warseer's got a great thread containing a lot of good rumors. Gotta love the Stone of Spite. "Bound Spell, Power Level 5. One Use Only. All enemy Arcane Items within 18" of the user are destroyed. The bearer of each item that is destroyed takes D6 S4 hits. 25pts."

I'm actually considering them for a second army. It would allow me to play something vastly different than anything I've played on the tabletop before. Sounds really interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/NWAGamers/
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

New Beastmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Beastmen   New Beastmen Icon_minitime13th January 2010, 1:11 am

I'm really excited for the new book. I know the Beastmen sound fun to play, but understanding that they are a low-powered army right now automatically shuts people like me (who read forums and listen to podcasts on the games they play) from wanting to pick an army like that.

I can't say i'm going to pick up Beastmen for sure, but if a lot of these rumors pan out - mphm - might give my DE army a run for the wallet...
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids

New Beastmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Beastmen   New Beastmen Icon_minitime21st January 2010, 5:23 pm

Just got the book today, and am reading for the 4th hour. Some interesting things noticed at first glance :

With Chariots as core units, and counting as core choices, you are going to see many armies that look like used car lots. I just hope that the plastic chariots are quick in coming. I didn't see any entry for scythed wheels on the chariots.

A minotaur Battle Standard sounds like a sound choice for about 250 points. He will be a T5, 4 wound character that frenzies the unit of minotaurs he is with. His unit will also have a 75% chance of passing the Primal test, causing hatred every round.

Centigors no longer roll every turn, just 1 time per game. I like the commentary! Great weapons will be the choice on them, you can count on it!

It will be possible to field at one time up to 7 individual models that are capable of negating ranks. I doubt if you will see this, but it will be possible. I do see 3+ of these models being employed ny the army as common, at first glance.

Minotaurs are still special, but no longer able to be core, even if you employ a Doombull. With a bunch of frenzied S7 monsters walking around, getting angrier and angrier, it should be a unit that will be seen in most armies. They can't carry a magic banner, but the champion can carry a magic item.

No marks of chaos are permitted with this army. They don't need them!

So far, so good!
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

New Beastmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Beastmen   New Beastmen Icon_minitime21st January 2010, 7:01 pm

Just checked out the new models on the GW site, and they look amazing. The minotaurs make me want buy some, they look uber cool!! But they are costly....
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

New Beastmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Beastmen   New Beastmen Icon_minitime21st January 2010, 9:40 pm

My summary of the Beastmen book:

Lots of crap units. Lots and lots. Most of the core, in fact.

Core dogs: Nothing special
Core chariots: cute but meh

Minotaurs: really really good
Razorgors (chariots and units): decent
Harpys: Needed

Monsters: Flyer is good for being a flyer, Ghorgon is stout.

Characters: great

Magic items: junk

Overall, I'm ecstatic I own demons and will wait until OK to see if I play with the Werewolves.
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

New Beastmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Beastmen   New Beastmen Icon_minitime22nd January 2010, 12:07 pm

We have a box of the Minotaurs at TSE. I like the look of them, a bit cartoony, but hey! This is Warhammer Fantasy!

I just got in some chariots, not the plastic, but still the Beast Chariots, and since they are core, they are going to be in most armies. They no longer have ungors in them, just a Bestigor and a Gor. The Beastigor has a great weapon, S5, and the Gor has a spear, S4 on the charge.
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

New Beastmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Beastmen   New Beastmen Icon_minitime11th February 2010, 1:48 pm

As I delve deeper into the Beast Book, and as I printed my first list today, AB2 has update, I am confused. I have posted on some other sites the following question :

Do Centigors get +2 or +1 S for great weapons?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Beastmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Beastmen   New Beastmen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Beastmen
Page 1 of 1