Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Castle House Games move

Go down 
+2
Wildeyedjester
gamewizard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Castle House Games move Empty
PostSubject: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime21st June 2009, 12:03 pm

Castle House Games will be moving soon to 1404 N College Suite 23, Fayetteville 72701. This is the shopping center with Ozark Natural Foods, Chucky Cheese, and Uncle Sam's Safari Outfitters to name a few. We are right next door to a business called Best Sports.

We plan to begin retail operations on July 10th, which is when we will switch the phone service to the new location. We may have to close at the old location for a few days in order to get the computers moved, but hopefully not for more than a couple of days. If anything, we will definitely have the new Magic the Gathering M10 pre release event at the new location.

We'll be getting power on early this coming week (hopefully Monday). The building is fully up to current code with a handicap bathroom and separate women's and men's bathrooms. I know at one point someone mentioned the grossness factor of the bathroom at Gallery and I have insured my employees we need to stay on top of the cleaning. At the very least the ladies won't have to use the same bathroom one of us nasty guys has just used.

The store has 4700 square feet which is over five times the space of the old Gallery location. Rent wise it is about the same. Shocked

The store will be divided up using 350 feet worth of office dividers. We'll be able to build the great wall of China with office dividers. (70 dividers)

It will be divided up in several different sections with a large section for Magic The Gathering, a section close to the front near the windows for Warhammer and other table top games, one section to set up tables for RPG's and another section for boardgames. And of course a large section for Retail.

We'll be closer to the old center of town and unless they move the U of A close to the mall along with everything else that has moved that way ( Laughing ) we will have an awesome location for gamers from the U of A. We are lucky to be in a college town with such a large yearly influx of possible gamers.

I have already moved some older merchandise to the new location and when my head stops pounding I'll go down today to move some more.

Thanks to everyone for all the support everyone has given over the years to Gallery of Champions and I hope Castle House Hobbies and Games can support the gaming community for many years to come.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime21st June 2009, 10:07 pm

Looking forward to seeing the new digs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime22nd June 2009, 12:12 am

It's great, has a nice big bar area that I plan on letting people paint and store working projects under. I may or may not be able to supply locking cabinets so you can keep your stuff safe. A lot of ideas are whirling through my head and I am already dizzy from the pain meds I take.

Any ideas from you guyys would be great after you see the store. Warhammer tables will be set up in the front of the store. I hope nobody is bothered by a possible audience of rubes that will randomly come in the store. Some of those rubes might have deep pockets with an interest in a table top game.

I'll also have a small table set up near the front of the store for demoing board games, not sure if anybody here branches out to other types of games. I still want to get my copy of Warhammer Quest painted and ready for play.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: !   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime22nd June 2009, 1:04 am

Warhammer quest is the shiz, but its hard to keep characters alive! The Hogs of War have played pretty much everything from 2nd edition D&D, to Earthdawn, to D&D minis, to Risk, to Diplomacy, to Twilight Imperium, to Magic.... (believe me the list goes on forever). Big D and I alone own enough games to furnish a store.

I totally agree that the Warhammer tables should be up front. The best way to grow Warhammer or 40k, imho, has always been for someone to see a game being played with painted armies, good terrain, and fun being had by all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime22nd June 2009, 1:18 am

I prefer the miniatures tables to be visible. As Wildeyedjester says, it's the best way to get new players.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Warhammer up front   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime29th June 2009, 6:18 am

Subject to further inspection; the entire Warhammer line will be up front in the area where the game is being played. The area will be visible from the cash register so it should not be a security issue.

I plan on having at least two tables in the Warhammer area with another two being available at any time. That is more than a lot of dedicated GW stores have (I don't mean BB's).

Hopefully the store will do well enough that it will be able to pay for an additional employee at least throughout the week. Watching this much space solo has me a little concerned. Ok a little terrified. Ok, freaking terrified. Happy?

There has been a lot of interest and free work being done (a lot of free work being done by Big Jew Mike, if anybody knows him) by several folks but I really need a helper scheduled with me.

Ok, no more whining, I know.

See everybody at the new place soon!
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime11th July 2009, 1:08 pm

Just curious, are you guys up and running for retail sale? I'd like to stop by an pick up a few things.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime11th July 2009, 4:23 pm

They are open for business, but it's still a bit of a mess and not everything has been put back out for sale yet. I think there's a bit of "if you can find it, you can buy it" for now Wink (actually, I'm sure they're more than willing to help if you think it's something they have, but you don't see out yet).
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime12th July 2009, 1:44 am

Warhammer is pretty much available for viewing now, mainly due to Fulminata's most wonderful help.

Come and see the great new place! The change between the old and new place is much greater than the difference between night and day! Lots of folks have donated time to help out and while the place isn't perfect (and won't be for some time) just walking in the door and seeing the professional appearance of the store is gratifying, even if I say so myself.

See everyone soon~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime12th July 2009, 2:22 am

Since Chris didn't, I thought I'd mention that when I left they were in the process of finally getting the Planetstrike releases out, so if you haven't already got them from somewhere else, you should head in and pick them up.

I was planning on giving the book a pass, but the pretty pictures hypnotized me Razz
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime12th July 2009, 2:41 am

John and I are tripping over each other's posts, hee hee but yes; Planet Strike is out. I mentioned it in another thread but I thought I would respond here.

See everyone soon! cheers cheers cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime13th July 2009, 9:23 am

Even mid-move, they were still the best stocked I've seen on Planetstrike locally. I foresee lots of Aegis defense lines becoming Hydra flak tanks.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime13th July 2009, 9:48 am

Dropped by yesterday to get my MTG fix in. Very sharp set up. I really like the larger floor plan. Nothing aggravates me more in gaming than feeling I'm bumping into people.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime13th July 2009, 11:15 am

Hopefully the way we have it set up is both functional and inviting. I've only had one complaint about the "boxy" feeling of the MTG area. It should have been set up all the way to the right wall (the wall the Warhammer product is on), according to one person.

I replied that we did not want people having to move through the MTG area to go to the bathrooms. The entrance is on that side.

I feel the MTG area is large enough that nobody should get a hemmed in feeling. If we need to make changes, I'll listen to advice and complaints.

So far most of the MTG people love the place. And those guys are sometimes hard to please.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime13th July 2009, 1:06 pm

There were so many people at that event that it really didn't matter how it was set up, someone was going to feel cramped. An extra four feet on one side wouldn't have changed that.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime13th July 2009, 11:36 pm

43 people was a good sized number for that event; especially considering the physical size of a lot of the players.

Hey, I'ma fat boy too!

With the modular design of the store we can always change the size if we feel that we absolutely need to. We could have put more people up in the Warhammer area since it wasn't being used, but I never received a complaint from Boogie. So I thought everything was ok.

But we could have had twice as much room and I am sure I would have received at least one complaint.

The one complaint I got was just great. Most of the people were very impressed and appreciated the venue a great deal. Boogie was just literally gushing over the area. He's pretty happy with both the change of venue and the new MTG set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castle House Games move   Castle House Games move Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castle House Games move
Page 1 of 1