Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)

Go down 
+2
capnwoodrow
gamewizard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games) Empty
PostSubject: Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)   Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games) Icon_minitime16th August 2009, 11:43 am

It was great to see Wildeyed the other day. Hopefully we can get some more of the Bentonville guys to come down and check out our setup.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)   Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games) Icon_minitime16th August 2009, 2:12 pm

Wildeyed was in? Did you check your stock afterward? He's a sneaky git...
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)   Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games) Icon_minitime16th August 2009, 6:56 pm

LOL. I bought Small World based on your and Gamewizard's advice. It was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed it Friday night.

We followed it up with Pandemic and got our butt's handed to us three times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)   Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games) Icon_minitime16th August 2009, 9:35 pm

I'm glad I didn't give you a bum wrap on that game. It's not my absolute favorite, but I liked it. My absolute fave board game of that style is probably Arkham Horror.

I love Warhammer Quest better but I don't really consider it a board game. It's more of an RPG campaign system to me.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)   Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games) Icon_minitime17th August 2009, 2:24 am

Small World is a great game. Simple, but with lots of replayability. I'm going to have to make that a featured game at board game night before too long.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)   Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games) Icon_minitime17th August 2009, 10:27 am

We had a blast playing Small World. It incorporated one of our favorite mechanics into it - the random race/power (think Cosmic Encounter). It was funny and lighthearted but there is enough depth to keep it very interesting.

We have played quite a bit of Arkham Horror but we have had our fill of it for a while I do believe. It just gets tedious, you have to sit and wait for your turn to come around. Can be very slow moving. Small world is the same way - not much interaction on your turn - but it is so fast paced that it doesn't matter. You stay involved by watching your little dudes get murdered and planning out your next turn.

Yeah, Pandemic was rough. We had a pretty good start our first game, and then got whupped. Our second game I set up wrong and didn't know what I was doing and we got whuppped. Our third game we had a good run, were making good progress and time, and then it went downhill fast and we got whupped. Very fun though. I have seen that they are coming out with an expansion for it. It looks pretty neat. One option is making it even harder than the current hardest version - wow.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)   Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games) Icon_minitime17th August 2009, 1:43 pm

Pandemic is tough. I think it took about a half dozen plays before I was involved in a winning game.

A good game for avoiding down time is Race for the Galaxy. Everyone takes their actions simultaneously, so the only downtime comes when you finish your turn before someone else has, and those times tend to be short unless someone in your group is afflicted with severe analysis paralysis.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
nachos
Eldar with a tramp stamp
nachos

PostSubject: Re: Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)   Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games) Icon_minitime17th August 2009, 4:02 pm

Pandemic was a great game. When i played it there were many tries to get the one time i won. but its fun to try.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)   Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games) Icon_minitime17th August 2009, 5:33 pm

Glad you liked Smallworld. After my first game, I learned the art of developing theme songs on the fly. My favorite: COMMANDO SKELETONS! /guitar riff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)   Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wildeyed wuz in da House (Castle House Games)
Page 1 of 1