Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Building a dread mob.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eldoniousrex
Blind Ratling Sniper
Eldoniousrex

Building a dread mob.  Empty
PostSubject: Building a dread mob.    Building a dread mob.  Icon_minitime17th March 2013, 4:09 am

After some thought, I've decided to follow my heart and build an Orky Dredd Mob. Sorry, necrons you're just not speaking to me like a clanky ramshackle mob of ork filled walkers. While I'm more interested in fun than competing, I don't want the army to feel hopeless. So, I'm looking for some early advice on what to purchase and what will work well. Without getting into the particulars, here is a rough 2000pt build.

Big mek - shokk attack gun
Big mek - kff

Meka dread - Don't know what build. KFF definitely. Shunta maybe.
Mega dread - basic build with some grott riggers.

3 x killer kans - grot blasters or rokkit launchers.
Deff Dredd - 3 dccw and a big shoota - grot riggers and extra armor - troop
Deff Dredd - 3 dccw and a big shoota - grot riggers and extra armor - troop

Dakkajet
Dakkajet
3 x Deff copter - rokkit launcher

10 x lootas
10 x lootas

12 x slugga boys - trukk - nob
12 x slugga boys - trukk - nob
10 x slugga boys

Worked it out on army builder. Without fine tuning it comes in under 2000pts. Tactics should be fairly obvious. Rush the walkers Toward the enemy, supported by the dakkajets, outflanking deffkopters, and lootas. Killer kans and Deff dredds will screen the dreads who will in turn draw fire and provide a KFF save for the little bots. The boyz will hang out in reserve to protect them till they can rush objectives.

I'm concerned that the list is light on troops and anti-air dakka. Should I trade some stuff out for more boyz or reliable anti-armor options? Any suggestions would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.astray3.com

Building a dread mob.
Page 1 of 1