Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Army Design Concept

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

Army Design Concept Empty
PostSubject: Army Design Concept   Army Design Concept Icon_minitime5th December 2012, 12:04 am

Over on the 40k lists section, I've been putting up my list thoughts for this year's tournament season. So now for for my design concept.

Celtic Chaos with allied Necrons - I'm wanting to create a celtic feel with chaos and alien flare. I've got some things on the way, and I'm still looking for ideas in some areas. I'll take you through what I'm thinking.

Chaos Lord on Juggernaut - I have a War Bear from Scibor coming to use as a counts as juggernaut. I've got some celtic shoulder pads and a couple nice axes from puppetwars. I think this is going to look pretty slick.

Typhus - I'm going to scratch build him with the same celtic theme in terminator armor.

Chaos Zombies - 80 of these are waiting on me at the War Pig. I'm not sure how I'm going to make these look celtic at the moment. Any thoughts?

Heldrakes - I bought 2 Vampire Count Zombie dragons to convert to flyers. I still need the guns off a helldrake to magnetize on there. I'm thinking I'll get some other heldrake bits to work in and make some celtic armor plates to add to it. I'm open to more thoughts here but this is how i'd love it to look very nice

Plague Marines - I don't have any worked into my list yet, but I'll certainly make some celtic themed plague marines. I have some celtic themed shoulder pads and some skull heads I'm thinking of using.

Chaos Spawn - I bought some fenris wolves I was thinking of converting to use as bikes, but bdix inspired me to convert them into some chaos spawn by making two headed wolves and what not.

On to the Necrons, which is where I"m struggling to tie the theme together as well.

Overlord on Barge - I have them assembled as stock right now.

Night Scythe with 5 Warriors x2 - I've got 2 Night Scythes assembled, but haven't purchased any warriors. I'm looking for thoughts there.

Doom Scythe - Purchased but not assembled. Still need a death ray, and a way to tie it to the celtic theme.

That's where I"m at right now. I'm looking for any thoughts to make this thing really stand out. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Army Design Concept   Army Design Concept Icon_minitime5th December 2012, 2:05 am

Tie into Necron gods by making sky chariots? Kinda shaky on my Celtic mythology but I recall something like that...

Stonehenge style teleporty pillars?

Valkyries? Or is that nordic?
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Army Design Concept   Army Design Concept Icon_minitime5th December 2012, 6:24 pm

Valkyries are Norse. You could do the plague zombies with some woad paint.

If you could model kilts onto the necrons you could make them look like resurrected warriors.

If you could somehow make the scythes look like a crescent moon.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Army Design Concept   Army Design Concept Icon_minitime5th December 2012, 7:45 pm

Thanks Matt, you just sent me on a crazy google search on woad. Turns out, they doubt it was actually used as body paint for several reasons.......
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Army Design Concept   Army Design Concept Icon_minitime5th December 2012, 8:31 pm

Yes, because we always go for historical accuracy when we're painting our futuristic space zombies/ robot overlords.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Army Design Concept   Army Design Concept Icon_minitime5th December 2012, 9:37 pm

Good thoughts guys. Thanks for telling me what woad paint is Blake. I like the woad paint and kilt thoughts. I'm still not sold on any way to tie the crons in.

Keep the thoughts coming.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Army Design Concept   Army Design Concept Icon_minitime5th December 2012, 11:37 pm

I think you should go with what Matt said... even if you don't want to sculpt out kilts, you could make them look more organic than usual and even do the woad paint on them too.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Army Design Concept   Army Design Concept Icon_minitime6th December 2012, 12:19 am

Wicker men maybe?
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Army Design Concept   Army Design Concept Icon_minitime6th December 2012, 11:00 am

Brent's idea is kind of interesting... You could use the wood elf dryad bits to make the necrons look like wicker men....

Maybe it would be too much work, but you could like make them wicker looking on the outside with the necron model in the core and maybe sculpt some flames coming off of him like he is being burned..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army Design Concept   Army Design Concept Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army Design Concept
Page 1 of 1