Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Second army

Go down 
+2
bdix
MonkeyMan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime21st October 2010, 1:41 pm

Hola everybody, i am going to be doing a second army for 40k and am thinking of either IG, Tyranids, Dark Eldar, or Tau(probably IG or Dark Eldar)

Last edited by MonkeyMan on 21st October 2010, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to add to the post)
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime21st October 2010, 3:07 pm

You havent even played your orks yet, and this hobby is pretty expensive. Are you sure you want to pour more money into it when you havent even gotten to experience your first army?
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime21st October 2010, 3:40 pm

good point(already have around a 2500 pt army of orks, few hundred for guard, guessing there, a few hundred on tau, a few hundred tyranid, and no dark eldar at all, other than soem eldar i could convert)
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime21st October 2010, 3:45 pm

Dark Eldar. Do it. I think Warpig has a great deal on some used DE
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime23rd October 2010, 9:52 am

i dont know but if i do a second army(85% will) i think its either inperial guard or dark eldar, imperial guard look so great though, great tanks, lots of soldiers, powerful elites, fast attack, good hq, think i have to say, oh i dont know they r both so awesome!!!!
How r the imperial guard-to all players who can answer
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime23rd October 2010, 10:15 am

If you're a bad player and buy IG you will do ok.

If you're a good player and buy IG you will do very well.

The IG are tough and can lay down a lot of firepower. Combined with the Psyker battle squads there is nothing that the IG can't shoot into submission and panic off the table.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime23rd October 2010, 10:53 am

right now its Imperial Guard 75% Dark Eldar 25% i already have a small start on imperial guard i have 20 imperial guardsmen, and one auto cannon thing or maybe its a lascannon, i dont really know i can say it is whatever one i want to have in my army, i dont have any dark eldar so...
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime23rd October 2010, 12:43 pm

If cost is an issue - you could probably start two armies for the cost of one IG army.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime23rd October 2010, 1:18 pm

I know there is a bit of used gaurd stuff up at Warpig
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime24th October 2010, 12:03 am

The new Dark Eldar models are very difficult to assemble compared to others. I am a pretty decent modeler and have found myself making several mistakes and seeing areas where I could have permanently ruined the model when taking a peice off the sprue
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime24th October 2010, 10:29 am

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad well that sucks, money is not really a problem so i cound do the ig, i know they r expensive because of all their tanks
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime24th October 2010, 10:35 am

wait how did u get to assemble them already
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 9:37 pm

i have probably a bigger space marine army than my ork army pt wise, so i could do them as my secondary army(would only have to but a codex)
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 9:59 pm

So you're like 40% IG, 60% space marines after starting this huge thread about DE v/ IG for your next army?
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 10:31 pm

I think you should just play every army...I'm pretty sure you have mentioned every faction except necron and chaos
Back to top Go down
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 10:32 pm

You didn't give him time to mention them.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime26th October 2010, 10:06 am

bdix wrote:
I think you should just play every army...I'm pretty sure you have mentioned every faction except necron and chaos

Yep have everything, except for sisters of battle, and dark eldar, my largest forces r my orks(playing them), space marines, and my chaos space marines(the metal daemon prince, battleforce, rhino, and another squad of chaos marines)
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime26th October 2010, 6:43 pm

MonkeyMan wrote:
bdix wrote:

Yep have everything, except for sisters of battle, and dark eldar, my largest forces r my orks(playing them), space marines, and my chaos space marines(the metal daemon prince, battleforce, rhino, and another squad of chaos marines)

Lol, so if you have everything - just start adding to those forces. Why post up here every week asking about which army to keep playing? Just add a squad to each one every so often and go from there.

Then buy GK when they come out.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime26th October 2010, 7:19 pm

if GK is grey knights, i have the grey knight terminators, and a vindicare assassin
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime26th October 2010, 8:22 pm

If you have models for all the armies then this thread is a little silly and pointless isn't it?

Clearly there was no need for the question beyond simply trying to Elicit a response from another user.

Thread closed.

Since it is established that you have all the armies, please stop asking which army should be your second or ' next' army....

Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Sponsored content

Second army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second army   Second army Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second army
Page 1 of 1