Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Empty
PostSubject: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime4th November 2012, 8:51 am

Got bored, came up with a Skullcrusher bus list.

Lords:
Chaos Lord, jugger
chaos runesword, dragonhelm, necrotic phylactery, helm of many eyes, soporific musk
(Any unit that flees from my bus, rolls an extra dice and discards the highest)

Sorc Lord, shadow

Hero:
lvl2, fire
scroll

Hero on a Jug, BSB
halber, rampager standard
(now I reroll charges)

Hero on a Jug
halberd, MR3 token

Core:
50x Marauders of Khorne, muso and std

18x Chaos warrios of tzeentch, hw/shld
-rapturous standard

Rare:
10x skullcrushers, muso
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime4th November 2012, 1:02 pm

That actually looks really fun. I am all about taking a massive amount of mounted nasties.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime4th November 2012, 4:05 pm

My only real concern about such a huge unit of skullcrushers is they seem like they'll be a bit unwieldy, especially on those 50x75 bases. And apparently even the Heroes are on them now instead of the 50x50 bases.
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime4th November 2012, 4:11 pm

I'll only be 3-4 wide. The main reason is to strip steadfast off the units I'm beating by 7-8 points of Rez.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime4th November 2012, 5:47 pm

I don't think the Juggernaut for the hero is on the 50x75 now. The Juggernaut that the hero can have is not the same Juggernaut the Skullcrushers get. The hero's Juggernaut is the weaker version at toughness 4. The Daemons of Chaos Juggernauts are still on 50x50 too.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime4th November 2012, 5:58 pm

Not according to this:

"This is a finely detailed resin cast kit, and contains 19 components and a 50 x 75mm monster base with which to make one Khorne Chaos Lord on Juggernaut."

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440026a&prodId=prod1710158a&rootCatGameStyle=

It's enough to at least give one pause.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime4th November 2012, 6:03 pm

Wow, they must have changed that last week too. That sucks, because now I cannot run my hero on the juggernaut in the knight unit and make it fit...
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime4th November 2012, 6:10 pm

I could feasibly drop 1 jugger to give the non BSB jugrider the skinhidden plate to make him t5 as well.

I suspect that there will be a FAQ that updates the jugger in the bestiary to t5. I suspect in my final build the two heroes will be built to fight as well. Just the easiest combo I see off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime4th November 2012, 6:12 pm

They changed it as soon as they added pre orders to their site, initially the Skullcrushers said 50mm square bases in their description. But the Lord had changed to 50x75. Which was what caused a lot of speculation and concern initially. I've been tracking it on the chamber of the everchosen forums, and was glad to see that they did go with the 50x75 bases. Personally, I just don't like how Juggernauts fit on a 50x50. They end up not ranking up quite right.

Back to the topic though, are you planning on Heroes in the bus (I'm assuming so). So, that would mean what - 3 wide, 4 deep? I just feel like that's going to be an awfully "long" unit. And possibly a little awkward on the table. Definitely has some huge flanks to cover from charges. I know you can do it, it's just my big concern. Anxious to see how it performs and how you like it though.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime4th November 2012, 6:15 pm

The thing is that unless you're playing Chaos or Ogres, you should 1 round any unit you touch. Undead are a little bit tougher - but still doable.

If you get flank charged, all 3 characters make way. Should do enough damage to negate the charge into the flanks on them. Then you turn to face.

Again, not a competitive list in the slightest. Just a fun list.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime4th November 2012, 6:19 pm

I see your point, definitely has a lot of potential for nastiness and fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.    Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sullcrusher bus, first attempt.
Page 1 of 1