Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bdix's 6th ed Nid list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Empty
PostSubject: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime18th July 2012, 1:16 am

In my initial list, I feel like I have to give the harpy a shot. I really wanted to run one last edition and it got a pretty major boost in 6th. The flyrant seems like a no brainer at first glance this edition. Even thought about running 2, but the cost is pretty high and really limits the rest of the list/ deployment. Tervigons seem to remain the bread and butter, since termagaunts can more effectively stay in combat. Zoanthropes get a debut this edition for me, but still weary of the new powers. We will see. I want to see if carnafexes in a squad can effectively rotate and soak more wounds than they could last edition. I may need to add a third to really see that work. The points on that is nuts though. Then you have my old friends the raveners. I just love this unit. They wrecked shop for me in 5th, and with mech taking a hit in 6th I see them improving. The prime is there because I want to run a trygon and it will give synapse to my advancing raveners. Plus 12 shots at strength 5 sounds hot.

Things that are going to eat me alive: GUARD. GUARD. GUARD. I will not survive a turn against guard playing long board deployment.

2000 Pts - Tyranids Roster

HQ: Hive Tyrant (1#, 260 pts)
1 Hive Tyrant (TL Devourer w/Brainleech Worms x2; Wings)

HQ: Tervigon (1#, 180 pts)
1 Tervigon (Stinger Salvo Adrenal Glands; Toxin Sacs)

Elite: Zoanthrope Brood (2#, 120 pts)
2 Zoanthrope Brood (not sure which power set yet, probably each of the teles)

Troops: Tervigon (1#, 180 pts)

Troops: Tervigon (1#, 180 pts)

Troops: Termagant Brood (10#, 50 pts)
10 Termagant Brood (Fleshborer)

Troops: Termagant Brood (10#, 50 pts)
10 Termagant Brood (Fleshborer)

Fast Attack: Harpy (1#, 160 pts)
1 Harpy (Spore Mine Cysts; Stinger Salvo; TL Stranglethorn Cannon; Wings)

Heavy Support: Carnifex Brood (2#, 380 pts)
2 Carnifex Brood (TL Devourer w/Brainleech Worms x2)

Heavy Support: Trygon Prime (1#, 240 pts)
1 Trygon Prime

Fast Attack: Ravener Brood (5#, 200 pts)
5 Ravener Brood (Rending Claws; Devourer)

Back to top Go down
BigAl
Servitor with a short circuit
BigAl

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime18th July 2012, 6:53 pm

Are you taking Catalyst on your Tervigons? Didn't seem so. Gonna run across the board without FNP? Shocked You went more heavy on the footslogger beefcakes than I. With rage, don't know if you want to have your Raveners within synapse (Trygon prime). Ditch their chest guns and focus on what they do best, move fast and get into cc. I would not want to get within 18" of this list because all your muscle is marching up field.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime19th July 2012, 2:22 pm

Ah I didn't even realise they had rage. Wow. Yeah the prime is getting toned down to a regular. I'm thinking about taking the big strength 9 gun on the harpy also. It seems to be one of the only ways to really deal with flyers like the storm raven.

So if I take catalyst, do I still get to take 2 random powers?
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime19th July 2012, 3:05 pm

Also, what do you think of the lictor now? I don't like hive guard too much anymore, so I'm not loaded up in elite.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime19th July 2012, 6:16 pm

Since 5th Ed Dawn of War is gone there is little use for an HQ Tervi, I'd find the points to make him a troop.

I feel like the Trygon and Mawloc are worse in 6th. You're still going to get lit up by missiles, but with Plasma making the rounds he's going to die even faster.

Why don't you like Hive Guard as much? Seems to me they've only become more effective with the changes in Cover and Hull Points.
Back to top Go down
BigAl
BigAl

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime19th July 2012, 9:12 pm

On Tervigons: You have to buy Catalyst which gives mommy two powers total (already comes with dominion). You have to trade them all in or nothing for rolls on the new chart. Luckily for you, Biomancy has the same power but better (if you roll a 3). Agree Troop choicing them over HQ. HQ slot is best served by Prime or Tyrant. I too am finding hive guard don't blow my proverbial skirt up anymore. With a veritable psyker buffet available and opponents able to rapid fire on the move 24" away, trading fire doesn't seem like a fair trade unless you build your whole nid list around preferred enemy and load up on all shooty units - hmmm. I think Zoan and Ymgarls will shine in 6th from the EL slot. Lictor is worth a try if you have the points and don't want more Zoan's, but still suffers from not enough punch on arrival and a glass chin. The Trygon and Maw(yawn)loc lost the benefits of fleet (as in no longer special) now that anyone can move and charge up to 18". I think you have a better use of 200 points out there.

Granted, I have only played one game in 6th, so these are just my opinions.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime19th July 2012, 11:26 pm

I just REALLY want to run a trygon. It's by far the sexiest model in the codex. I'm sure if I play a game with one It'll be back on the shelf. I actually got rid of the terv in HQ, it was there because I had the points and wasn't sure what else to do. I decided to instead take an 18 man genestealer unit with a broodlord. I'm curious to see if the broodlord will be effective in a block of genestealers like that, since he can take the book powers now. I also dropped the zoans for now. I want to build a list with the models I have. I don't need to buy anymore warhammer stuff for alooooonng time.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime20th July 2012, 3:00 am

Remember, you can't assault the turn you arrive from reserve anymore. That makes dormant Ymgarls a bit risky IMO, especially with only 5+ cover. Zoeys definitely got a boost now that they can power swap. I personally still like the hive guard.
Back to top Go down
BigAl
BigAl

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime20th July 2012, 8:24 am

Ymgarls still do get to assault on the turn they wake up, which makes them even better in 6th since not much else can.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime20th July 2012, 9:42 am

That's typical, I read all the rules except the one relevant line that completely changes things. My bad.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime21st July 2012, 12:52 am

I would run the big block of stealers in infiltrate, or as the second layer in a gaunt/stealer sandwich advancing across the board.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime21st July 2012, 2:54 pm

Another point on the trygon- with the change in FNP, he gets a 5+ save pretty much all the time. With the change to 25% cover, he gets a 5+/5+ alot of the time. All you have to do is run a unit of raveners in front of him with 2 raveners behind him for cover. I think 6th made the trygon better. I'll play test it this week and let you know how it performed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bdix's 6th ed Nid list   Bdix's 6th ed Nid list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bdix's 6th ed Nid list
Page 1 of 1