Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nids Revitalized

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigAl
Servitor with a short circuit
BigAl

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime15th July 2012, 8:08 pm

6th has made things a bit more interesting for the ol'Nids. Fearless no longer causes extra wounds if losing combat. Gaunt tarpits are very effective now. Blessings and Malediction occur in the movement phase meaning you can still move and run/shoot. They can also be cast into close combat. Nids have the only MC that have access to Biomancy (I think), which means you can have the potential for S9 T9 Eternal warrior MC's. Enfeebled enemies are -1 S and T, which means I can ID with S6 or even S4 hits. MC can now get cover saves in area terrain and only need 25% coverage to get cover. I have three MC with Brainleech Devourers = 12 Twinlinked S6 shots up to 18" and cause -1 Ld on morale tests.

This is the 1999 list I have been kicking around. It has 6 MC, 6 Psykers, focuses on gaunt screens, massed S6 fire and attacks. You will notice there are no Hive Guard or Genestealers, which is a departure for me. Army has two parts - the deep strike portion and the foot slogger portion. My reserves come in on 2+.

Comments and critiques welcome.

HQ
Hive Tyrant - Wings, 2 Brainleech devourers, Paroxysm and Leech Essence (or two rolls in Biomancy - Iron Arm is ideal)
Swarmlord - 2 Tyrant Guard, 4 Biomancy, Telekinesis, or Telepathy powers (this guy was scary before and now he is a level 2 pysker with four powers!)

EL
2 Zoanthropes - Warp Lance and Warp Blast or two powers from Bio, Telep, or Telek
6 Ymgarl Genestealers - yes, they can still move and assault out of cover turn 2.

TR
11 Termagaunts
11 Termagaunts
Tervigon - Toxins, Adrenals, Catalyst (FNP) or get two powers from Bio, Telep, or Telek
Tervigon - Toxins, Adrenals, Catalyst (FNP) or get two powers from Bio, Telep, or Telek

FA
15 Gargoyles - Hammer of wrath hits are a plus; provide mobile cover for the Flyrant

HV
Carnifex - Mycetic Spore, 2 Brainleech Devourers
Carnifex - Mycetic Spore, 2 Brainleech Devourers

The potential psychic power combos here are very interesting. Four MC psykers with the potential to be up to S and T9, Gate of infinity 24" away each turn, have Shrouded and Stealth, or have 8 attacks at initiative 8 on the charge is going to get noticed.
Back to top Go down
Komosunder
Squig with flatulence
Komosunder

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime15th July 2012, 10:33 pm

i've been looking real close at my shelved Nids since 6th came out. I've had luck with 3 zoens out of a pod. rolling lance vs. mech and psychic shriek / 1 biomancy vs. foot.

i don't know if i quite believe it yet, but a lot of people are saying mech is dead. more armies on foot means more stuff to shriek at.

I'm still not sold on the swarmlord. he is good, i won't disagree on that. i mean 4 chances to hit iron arm is great, and a possible 18" threat range is nice, but my preference stays with the tyrant. i feel the devil flyrant is possibly the best unit in the codex fallowing the release of 6th.

i really like this list. if has the same feel as the old dakka zilla list from back in 4th/ early 5th.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TOMAHAWC.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime15th July 2012, 11:55 pm

I had something close, but ran my fexes in a squad with a prime attached to look out sir. Prime replaced swarm lord and I took a harpy with the extra points. I like it, and I think nids have serious potential.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime16th July 2012, 2:03 pm

Another thing I would say is that the gargoyles are needed less in 6th. I played a game with flying demons Saturday and they are really hard to down until you bring them out of flight. That should be enough to get you where you want to go, and it would save some points.
Back to top Go down
Komosunder
Squig with flatulence
Komosunder

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime16th July 2012, 5:04 pm

I love the idea of nil deployment. Bugs are now one of the few codex that can still do this effectively.

Your spods don't count, so that pulls most of your deep strike out. All you need to do to push the rest of the list in reserve is to drop in 10 man gaunt squads. I've found them to be very resilient while going to ground the first turn or two.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime16th July 2012, 5:12 pm

Just remember that at least half of all your units must start the game deployed. No more than 1/2 is allowed in reserve.

Flyers and their dedicated units don't count toward this limit.

You also immediately lose the game if you don't have a model on the table at the end of any turn. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but I've already seen too much in reserve cost somebody a game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Komosunder
Squig with flatulence
Komosunder

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime16th July 2012, 5:18 pm

So true. Ive had my bugs get very close to that zero modal count before everything entered turn 2. I'm baking a DE or IG player would live to see 200 points worth of modals starting on the table.
Back to top Go down
BigAl
Servitor with a short circuit
BigAl

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime17th July 2012, 7:18 pm

Wow. Just read that line about zero models = lose. The intent of the army isn't to null deploy but to introduce just enough threats that will cause turn 2 disruption and need to be dealt with (Pods, Dakka fexes, and Ymgarls) - taking heat away from the Flyrant, Swarmlord, Tervigons, Zoans, and Gaunts while they sprint as fast as their clawed hooves can move them. Might leave a Tervigon in my deployment zone to cover objectives based on opponent and mission. Another interesting point is that replacing psy powers happens before deploy but after you see your opponents list.

I still see this army suffering against DE, but nids had that problem before 6th. I'll see your T9 and raise you a 4+ poison volley.

I want to take on a Draigo list and see two worlds collide (Swarmlord - Draigo; Draigo - Swarmlord).
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime17th July 2012, 7:34 pm

Let me know when you want a Draigooff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime17th July 2012, 9:00 pm

Swarm lord would eat draigo, but need support to take on draigo and pallys.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime17th July 2012, 9:27 pm

Yeah, new psyker list is nids are nasty. Not sure how well it would mash up together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nids Revitalized Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nids Revitalized   Nids Revitalized Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nids Revitalized
Page 1 of 1