Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The thread of PHAIL

Go down 
+7
deletethisuser
gamewizard
Wildeyedjester
bsimon
Fletch
littleboyblues
DerangedFerret
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

Location : Crouching in a hole with a lasgun in Sulphur Springs AR

The thread of PHAIL Empty
PostSubject: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime4th September 2009, 12:58 pm

Ok, Big D's mention of the drop pod instruction booklet that is tells you the wrong way to assemble the blamed thing has me stuck on the topic of epic failure. So I'm posting this thread to ask all of my fellow hogs:

WHAT IS YOUR MOST EPIC GAMING FAIL?

The thread of PHAIL Donald12

It can be anything: hobby related (the time you glued your entire hand to the top of your new land raider); or gaming related (the time your entire terminator squad failed their armor saves to a mob of grots)

If however, you would rather post about the time you did this:

The thread of PHAIL Fail1210

Then that works too, although gaming phails would probably be more appropriate.

And if the forum inquisitors are OK with it, I'll post a new "phail" photo for every response this thread gets (I will wait for permission before I start that. Big D? Jester? I'm talking to you guys)
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime4th September 2009, 2:15 pm

As this is gerneral discussion I think it would be ok if you do this as you can pretty much talk about anything in here.

I'll have to think of an epic fail I've done I can't think of one off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime4th September 2009, 3:47 pm

i dont know blue i think your manjuice comment was pretty epic in failure
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime4th September 2009, 3:52 pm

Expecting balanced paint judging at teh Big Waagh was epic phail.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime4th September 2009, 4:59 pm

Fletch wrote:
i dont know blue i think your manjuice comment was pretty epic in failure

*snicker*
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime4th September 2009, 11:13 pm

I just tried to paint a Predator that pretty much fits the build for a phail.

Will post pics when done. Too embarrassed at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime5th September 2009, 12:19 am

Whatever it was, I'm sure it wasn't as bad as this guy:

The thread of PHAIL Wrong10

And a balanced paint judging phail? Do tell.

And blues, don't feel bad about the manjuice incident. Deep down we're all just jealous of your mad painting skills, and making fun of people on the internet is a great way to compensate.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime5th September 2009, 1:57 am

Nice long bow stance on that one guy. Get he would get a lot of range on it if he only had arrows......
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime5th September 2009, 5:38 pm

Maybe he could use another rifle as an arrow Very Happy

Seriously though, no one here's experienced some kind of spetacular failure in a warhammer game? knocking your carefully painted commander off the table with an errant dice roll? Dropping an orbital bombandment right on top or your inquisitor squad? Watching your ork boyz mob lose an assault to a squad of tau?

What am I going to do with all the phail photos on my desktop then? Hmm, actually, I think I have one for this situation:

The thread of PHAIL You_fa10
Back to top Go down
deletethisuser
Blind Ratling Sniper
deletethisuser

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 11:59 am

I've got kind of limited game experience, but once I mixed up boltgun and bolt pistol. Completely screwed my assault over, i.e. no assault at all. That poor squad was killed to the man the next round:/

EDIT: I also chose to paint an army consisting of mostly yellow as my first ever Space Marine army… I'll leave the epicness of that over to you…
Back to top Go down
http://flekkzo.blogspot.com
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 12:12 pm

I have a fantasy one, my Tomb King with the destroyer of eternies( str7 give up all attacks in CC to put 2 autohits on everything on base) was against a chaos chariots, rolled to wound it(if i wounded it str7 means its destroyed) and rolled 2 ones.....
Back to top Go down
Warhamster77
Squig with flatulence
Warhamster77

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 12:14 pm

@littleboyblues, I would think that your failed relationship with your Kevin would be considered an EPIC PHAIL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 3:40 pm

The whole squad dies because one guy messed up with his pistol? I always wondered about the sword-beats-bullet mechanic in 40k:

The thread of PHAIL 11616311

And you just gotta love those double 1 rolls with your super weapons

The thread of PHAIL Fail2810

Oh, and warhamster:
The thread of PHAIL D8a4e510
Obama tires of your littleboyblues comments.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 3:47 pm

In the first and only game I ever played, I managed to forget about my dreadnaught for 3 turns straight...
Back to top Go down
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 4:02 pm

They must have seen one of these signs somewhere on the battlefield:

The thread of PHAIL Fail-o11
Back to top Go down
Warhamster77
Squig with flatulence
Warhamster77

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 4:13 pm

I have the utmost respect for Matt, he is a helluva guy, the best painter I have ever met, and I am proud to call him my friend. Hell I even provided a pillow with three(3) levels of fluff for him, besides if you can't make fun of your friends, who can you make fun of?
Back to top Go down
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 4:23 pm

Ah, you guys are friends. That explains it. My utmost apologies warhamster, I'm just too used to the brand of funmaking that USUALLY goes on in internet forums. I'm still learning that this place is nicer than the rest of the bloody internet.

I guess the next phail goes to me!
The thread of PHAIL Kidbal10

Besides, I needed some excuse to use that Obama pic. Some guy on another forum I found it in was using it as his avatar with the caption:
The thread of PHAIL D8a4e511
You have failed me for the LAST time admiral...
Back to top Go down
deletethisuser
Blind Ratling Sniper
deletethisuser

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 7:18 pm

DerangedFerret wrote:
The whole squad dies because one guy messed up with his pistol? I always wondered about the sword-beats-bullet mechanic in 40k:

The rapid fire _gun_ stopped me from assaulting. The assault the next turn wiped a Captain and five marines. Ungood…

//Flekkzo
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime6th September 2009, 8:25 pm

That must have taken someone of tactical genius-

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!

The thread of PHAIL Creed
Back to top Go down
Warhamster77
Squig with flatulence
Warhamster77

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime7th September 2009, 6:24 am

@ derangedferret, no worries. and nice caption, yes he does resemble the evil presence of the Sith Lord!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids
Apothecary with a box of band aids

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime7th September 2009, 10:34 am

Chaos Warriors playing against Wood Elves approx 8 years ago.

Chaos Lord of death charges Treeman with 1 wound remaining, a sure thing in anyone's book.

The sequence begins here, and if you figure the odds, you will be amazed!

7 Attacks for the Chaos Lord and none hit, hitting on 3's. 1 Attack from the steed, and it hits on 4, wounds on 6, but Treeman saves on 5+.

In Elf shooting phase, the Elf lord shoots his 3 shot bow into the combat, this was allowed in this version. He is hitting on 3+, and hits 1 shot. Dividing it out, it hits the Chaos Lord, also with only 1 wound remaining. The roll required was 4+ to hit enemy in close combat. The S3 shot wounds the Chaos T5 lord, on 6. The Chaos Lord has 1+ save, and fails. He has a 4+ ward save, and fails, causing him, the army general to die.

In this version of Warhammer, when the general died, every unit in the army had to take a panic test. The first unit to test was a unit of Chaos Hounds, Ld 5, and they passed. The Chaos Warriors, led by a hero, Ld 9 fail, roll 10 to run toward the board edge which is 8" away. A unit of Chaos Knights fail their roll on Ld 8, but are a safe distance from the board edge, 15", but on their 3D6 roll, they roll 17. Another unit of Chaos Knights with a hero in htem, Ld9 fail, and roll 14 to leave the board, and they were 13" away from the edge.

With only a unit of hounds remaining, he decides to charge them with a unit of Wardancers, and he kills them to the bone!

The opponent I had was playing in his first real game of Fantasy, and his comment after the game was this, " Man, this game is easy!"

We had a tournament the next day, it was at Cards and Comics, and Big Red Steve won it with his Wood Elf Army, the same army that rolled mine the previous night.
Back to top Go down
DerangedFerret
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
DerangedFerret

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime7th September 2009, 9:18 pm

Wow warhammerworld... just wow. And here I was thinking beginner's luck was a contradiction when it comes to wargaming. That is a mathematical nightmare. Therefor, you get an
The thread of PHAIL Epic-f10

And turducken, that was...um, wow, I thought I was random. Where the heck did you find that pic?
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime7th September 2009, 11:59 pm

Creed outflanked it onto my computer, which, of course, took someone with immense tactical gen-

AW CRAP! HE DID IT AGAIN!

The thread of PHAIL Creed2

And just throwing this out there cuz it's win...

The thread of PHAIL Dropbeatsnotbombs
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime8th September 2009, 12:04 am

flekkzo wrote:
EDIT: I also chose to paint an army consisting of mostly yellow as my first ever Space Marine army… I'll leave the epicness of that over to you…
I did the same thing. It took me about four or five miniatures to realize what a bad decision that was.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
deletethisuser
Blind Ratling Sniper
deletethisuser

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime8th September 2009, 12:33 am

Fulminata wrote:
flekkzo wrote:
I did the same thing. It took me about four or five miniatures to realize what a bad decision that was.

I still haven't given up:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The thread of PHAIL   The thread of PHAIL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The thread of PHAIL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next