Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heretics of the Empire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Heretics of the Empire Empty
PostSubject: Heretics of the Empire   Heretics of the Empire Icon_minitime5th June 2012, 9:17 am

I've been talking about putting together an Empire army for a while, but I've been hesitant for a couple of reasons. The most notable being the fact that I wanted to get my WOC tourney list finished, and that's still my goal. However, with most of my Warhammer stuff packed up for the move I've had time to actually think about stuff I'd like to do. And I've settled on the idea of an Empire Army comprised of Heretics. The idea is pretty straight forward, an empire army with a chaos theme. Lots of tentacles, spikes, etc.

This will be a 5000 point Empire army, with half being devoted to a Cavalry list and the other half being a gun line list. The main reason for this? I like a lot of the Empire models, and I want something that offers me something different on the battlefield. Let's face it, WOC is largely an infantry army. And sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. This army will be for the times when I don't Razz

I'll have some preliminary sketches before too long I'm sure, but I wanted to put it out there and see what you guys think (aside from gun lines suck of course).
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Heretics of the Empire   Heretics of the Empire Icon_minitime8th June 2012, 9:01 pm

So, good news. I sniped a deal and a half off of eBay. For $40 I grabbed 2 Cannons w crew, general model, 30 handgunners and 50 spearmen (all 6th edition). Plus a bits bag and movement trays. So, I've got to decide for sure on the theme. After I move I'll be working my woc tourney list to completion ten starting te empty troops. I've got some ideas for the cannons already...

For another $10 I got 2 more current edition Cannons and the Standard Bearer model.

So, a good start to my Empire force.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Heretics of the Empire   Heretics of the Empire Icon_minitime24th July 2012, 10:10 pm

I got some more models and I think I've figured out what I'm going to do, Bdix has inspired me with his House Lannister army and I've decided to do a House Stark army. There will be some conversions, but not nearly so horrendous as I'd intended with the Nurgle Empire, and I may end up revisiting that idea somewhere down the line. I feel like this will be a more relaxed build up compared to the stuff I'm doing in my Chaos army. Anyhow, here's a list of the characters I'm planning.

Robb Stark - General of the Empire
Catelyn Stark - Battle Wizard Lord
Maester Luwin - Warrior Priest
Roose Bolton - Captain of the Empire (BSB)
Jon Snow - Captain of the Empire
Rodrik Cassel - Master Engineer

I want to make Hodor too, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with him. I'll probably make him unit filler somewhere. I'll be working on some test models soon to get the colors and the look down the way I want, so expect a good update sometime in the near future.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Heretics of the Empire   Heretics of the Empire Icon_minitime25th July 2012, 1:32 pm

This is excellent. I think LBB was talking about making a Dothraki army. We could do a AGOT campaign at this rate!
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Heretics of the Empire   Heretics of the Empire Icon_minitime25th July 2012, 1:41 pm

*nods* I'm anxious to get a few models going, I've also decided on a War Altar with a statue of Ned Stark atop it.

In terms of appearance/color scheme I'm definitely going to be sticking with the HBO series more, but I'll also be using some notes from Martin from a couple of sources, a friend suggested this site for a few particular models.
http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/mainwebsite_html/store2GRRM.htm

They have one of Hodor with Bran on his back that I might pick up for unit filler.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Heretics of the Empire   Heretics of the Empire Icon_minitime25th July 2012, 1:45 pm

That is where I got my characters from. They are true scale, so you have to kind of beef them up to make them look remotely normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heretics of the Empire   Heretics of the Empire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heretics of the Empire
Page 1 of 1